GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off Season Rumours

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Hoags
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
spader
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 50]

361Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I dont agree. I see polenta Of heart in Ryan. If anything i think he was injures in some parts and in other parts has hard to prop up zib so that he could score goals. The difference be tweet how he played in Anaheim and Ottawa is that there he was paired with relatively good centremen and was more expected to provide offence.min Ottawa he's been tasked because of zib's play at being more of a playmaker which doesn't carry well in terms of production. If he was paired with turris(which I hope he will be) he will likely come out with an improved production.
We'll this year. But that's my opinion.

He didn't gel with Spezza (albeit it was only a dozen games or so), he's played with Turris and Zibanejad and Pageau.  He's had a tough time here in Ottawa.  3 years, out of excuses.
He's played minimally with turris but the times he was he had a lot more success.

362Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:16 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I dont agree. I see polenta Of heart in Ryan. If anything i think he was injures in some parts and in other parts has hard to prop up zib so that he could score goals. The difference be tweet how he played in Anaheim and Ottawa is that there he was paired with relatively good centremen and was more expected to provide offence.min Ottawa he's been tasked because of zib's play at being more of a playmaker which doesn't carry well in terms of production. If he was paired with turris(which I hope he will be) he will likely come out with an improved production.

He may just not be capable, he does seem much slower than I remember him in Anaheim and doesn't sound like his off-ice training is changing. I hope he turns it around too but prags brought up a good point, there is an expansion draft coming soon and I would wager he definitely wouldn't be protected by the senators. And there's a damn good reason for it too.

363Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Michallica wrote:I see this upcoming season as Ryan's last chance in Ottawa.  New coach coming in, if he can't get his game straight now, with the money we'll need for Stone, Karlsson, Zibanejad (also on the bubble), Ceci, Turris, Hoffman (bubble)....I can't see management justify keeping Ryan and his $7M+ cap hit and salary on the books.  

No one in this NHL is gonna give you anything for Ryan unless there's bad money attached.  7.25 million dollars...10% of the entire team's cap...who would take that?

Expansion team looking to reach the floor.

There are better ways to reach the floor than being tied down for 5 years and 38 million

364Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

He may just not be capable, he does seem much slower than I remember him in Anaheim and doesn't sound like his off-ice training is changing.  I hope he turns it around too but prags brought up a good point, there is an expansion draft coming soon and I would wager he definitely wouldn't be protected by the senators.  And there's a damn good reason for it too.
Yes that's a possibility for sure. Especially if the results aren't convincing by then.

365Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:13 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What are we? 3 weeks and change from the draft? Trades imminent?!

366Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:30 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:What are we? 3 weeks and change from the draft? Trades imminent?!

Would you do any of these trades?

To Ottawa: 4th overall pick
To EDM: 12th overall pick, Curtis Lazar, 2017 3rd rd pick

To Minnesota: Mike Hoffman, Mark Methot
To Ottawa: Jonas Brodin, Jason Zucker

367Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:What are we? 3 weeks and change from the draft? Trades imminent?!

I'd probably do the first and draft Tkachuk. I wouldn't do the second one. I'm not a fan of Zucker.

368Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

I'd probably do the first and draft Tkachuk. I wouldn't do the second one. I'm not a fan of Zucker.

Yup. And I think we grossly undervalue Hoffman as evidenced by the huge overpayment for those Minnesota players.

Pierre-Luc Dubois is who I would take with that pick...

369Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd literally go to wherever the hell Curtis Lazar is and drive him to the airport for the first trade.

Then...Edmonton would send him back to us with a note that said 'lol, no thanks!'.

The 2nd trade, I'd only do if it was a one for one Hoffman for Brodin and even then...Murray didn't do a lot right in his last year here, but he did acquire Phaneuf...so I don't see the need.

370Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

Same (except I don't know anything about Zucker).

371Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yup first deal any day of the week. Second... Is meh and I'm not sure about zucker's potential. Might be a miss.

372Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:56 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Yup first deal any day of the week. Second... Is meh and I'm not sure about zucker's potential. Might be a miss.

I'm also not overly impressed by Brodin, but perhaps I need to watch him more. He certainly doesn't pass the wprager test with 7 points in 68 games and a -4 on a playoff team.

373Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yup first deal any day of the week. Second... Is meh and I'm not sure about zucker's potential. Might be a miss.

I'm also not overly impressed by Brodin, but perhaps I need to watch him more. He certainly doesn't pass the wprager test with 7 points in 68 games and a -4 on a playoff team.
Also the fact that the oilers are looking to add a Dman and not lazar. I mean, you might actually see a nice deal take place between the oil and minny. That's a realistic possibility.

374Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Also the fact that the oilers are looking to add a Dman and not lazar. I mean, you might actually see a nice deal take place between the oil and minny. That's a realistic possibility.

Lazar could be attractive to them because of his Oil Kings connections. The Oilers are likely to make some big changes.

375Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Minny was Cussed last year until Brodin returned from injury. When he did, their pk rose big time and theit defensive structure improved dramatically. He's solid, although the lack of offense isn't optimum.

376Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:10 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Lazar could be attractive to them because of his Oil Kings connections. The Oilers are likely to make some big changes.
I'm sure they'd take him on their team but if you gave a fourth overall you kind of think you'll be addressing your number one deal. A righty 1st pairing D man.

377Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

I'm sure they'd take him on their team but if you gave a fourth overall you kind of think you'll be addressing your number one deal. A righty 1st pairing D man.

"Karls" Karlsson?!?!?!!?!!

Edit: Darren "David Duke" Pang says the Blues feel they have excess RHD. Perhaps the dance partner Edmonton is looking for?

378Off Season Rumours - Page 25 Empty Re: Off Season Rumours Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

"Karls" Karlsson?!?!?!!?!!

Edit: Darren "David Duke" Pang says the Blues feel they have excess RHD. Perhaps the dance partner Edmonton is looking for?
Yeah but there's no guarantee shatenkirk will resign there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum