GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reviving the rumours & rants

+4
tim1_2
wprager
SensHulk
kyle turris
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:01 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

If anyone remembers many years back, this thread used to be quite a popular one in terms of talking about possible rumors regarding trades. much of the speculations and smoke on possible moves and trades around the league ended up here. we might want to avoid the non-credible sources a la hockeybuzz/Eklund and stick to the real possibilities around the league.
with an expansion draft approaching, this year promises to be one filled with trades as teams try and minimize losses to their roster to avoid and lose players for nothing. As we inch closer to the trade deadline we should start seeing some trades rear their heads in the distance.
let this space breath life again!

recent trade speculations place Dougie Hamilton back in the spotlight as a candidate the leafs should be looking at.
of course the leafs are always front left and center when it comes to trade speculations because you know, center of the universe, but for once it makes sense. calgary are looking to increase their offense and stay young and the leafs may have too many young players and very little worth mentioning in terms of D.
seems like a good match.

2Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:21 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Didn't the flames already trade an underachieving D-man to Toronto a few years back....Sarcasm

Apparently Pierre Mcguire said this morning that another team in the East (not the leafs) have made a major play for Dougie Hamilton.

3Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bishop to the Islanders for picks. I would have said Fleury, but the Islanders might want to stay away from goalies who were former first overall picks. And also trading within the Division.

4Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think these pre draft trades will be primarily for picks.

5Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, it sounds like Hamilton's days in Calgary are numbered. McGuire called the offer from a team in the east (not Toronto) "significant".

Also, Evander Kane is on the market, and I hope we steer WELL clear of that locker room nightmare.

6Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:02 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

Hoff-Machine wrote:Didn't the flames already trade an underachieving D-man to Toronto a few years back....Sarcasm

Apparently Pierre Mcguire said this morning that another team in the East (not the leafs) have made a major play for Dougie Hamilton.  
his availability have been rumored for quite a while. plus i think Calgary had 4 Dman they would like to protect so that must fuel the fire to get a return for one of them.

7Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Kane would be a piece going back for Hamilton personally.

Also, can we please rescue Jokinen from the tire fire in Florida?

8Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:03 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:Bishop to the Islanders for picks. I would have said Fleury, but the Islanders might want to stay away from goalies who were former first overall picks. And also trading within the Division.
that's the first time i hear of that rumor. i thought they had 3 goalies and that was their problem?

9Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:06 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, it sounds like Hamilton's days in Calgary are numbered.  McGuire called the offer from a team in the east (not Toronto) "significant".

Also, Evander Kane is on the market, and I hope we steer WELL clear of that locker room nightmare.

yeah well apparently the sabres might have been scouting Vitranen or whatever that vancouver kid's name is. that's a trade waiting to happen.

i agree though, i think there are better players to be had than that mess. personally i'd be all for JVR but with the leafs wanting to make their D better the most i'd offer up is our 1st and a prospect not part of the big 3. or maybe a player like lazar too.
doubt they go for that.

10Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

kyle turris wrote:
wprager wrote:Bishop to the Islanders for picks. I would have said Fleury, but the Islanders might want to stay away from goalies who were former first overall picks. And also trading within the Division.
that's the first time i hear of that rumor. i thought they had 3 goalies and that was their problem?

They need a #1. *That* is their problem. Or one of them. They have Halak, Greiss and Berube.

11Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I think Kane would be a piece going back for Hamilton personally.

Also, can we please rescue Jokinen from the tire fire in Florida?

I really like that idea of getting Jokinen.  I guess the new ownership in Florida is all about the advanced stats, so we'd have to check his CORSI and stuff to determine what they perceive his value to be, and also to determine who they would want off of our roster.  

Jokinen has a partial NTC (10 team trade list), and is only making $4M through the end of next season, so it's a relatively budget friendly contract should the Senasnores be interested. Jokinen could end up exposed in the expansion draft too...so there's another consideration.

12Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:54 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So Dorion was on the radio and he said that Christian Jaros has a chance to make the club next season. He plays on the right side. Maybe they prolong it by another year, but everything to me points to Ceci either being exposed in the expansion draft or traded.

13Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:35 am

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

Hoff-Machine wrote:So Dorion was on the radio and he said that Christian Jaros has a chance to make the club next season.  He plays on the right side.  Maybe they prolong it by another year, but everything to me points to Ceci either being exposed in the expansion draft or traded.

I highly Doubt that. If anything Jaros would be starting as a third pairing guy. I don't think there's a chance ceci gets moved unless he actually gets pushed by someone already playing on the roster.

Last edited by kyle turris on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:27 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I read that as soon as Vegas makes its final expansion payment in March, they can start making trades. Obviously, all they could move would be picks or future considerations.

15Reviving the rumours & rants Empty Re: Reviving the rumours & rants Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:08 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

spader wrote:I read that as soon as Vegas makes its final expansion payment in March, they can start making trades. Obviously, all they could move would be picks or future considerations.
which they might. its expected that out of the 30 players they will acquire(more D then they need), they will use some of those players to trade to other teams for draft picks. maybe some teams even pay them draft picks to avoid certain players. if they would be smart i would forgo trying to ice a competitive team this year and the next and acquire as many high picks that could be packaged for 1st rounders in the drafts after this one. suck for a few years and then build a winner. it's not like the city will give up on the team. we look at most of the recent stanley cup champions it's what's been done. Pitts, Chicago, LA...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum