GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season - who will go where?

+11
Ev
tim1_2
spader
DirtyDave
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
wprager
NEELY
Flo The Action
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

106Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Williams at 3.25 per... Ok that's ridiculous. I can't believe we couldn't be on that with an extra year of term and a bit more money. No reason we couldn't swipe this guy. Ridiculous. I'm almost mad.

I believe Oglethorpe stated the reason some time ago.

107Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:55 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:"Horcs" Horcoff lands in Anaheim on a 1-year deal. 1.75

Fantastic! That means the @SHorkov parody account will have new material!

108Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:55 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Vermette to yotes at 3.75 per year for two years.
That's a good price. Damn!

And Justin Williams to the caps for two years. Now why can't we be on that?

Because he said he wanted to go to a contender. And now that they don't have Green they just might be one Smile

109Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Williams at 3.25 per... Ok that's ridiculous. I can't believe we couldn't be on that with an extra year of term and a bit more money. No reason we couldn't swipe this guy. Ridiculous. I'm almost mad.

Don't forget the higher taxes and cost of living.

110Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We didn't offer or what? Ugh...that's hugely affordable. Could have used that .

111Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:We didn't offer or what?  Ugh...that's hugely affordable.  Could have used that .
Murray said earlier that he was done since he couldn't move other players (contracts).

112Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:48 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We didn't offer or what?  Ugh...that's hugely affordable.  Could have used that .
Murray said earlier that he was done since he couldn't move other players (contracts).  
you find a way. If we have learned anything from the recent trades is that there's always a way to move contracts. We are lacking one guy on LW. Williams would of been perfect.

113Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:58 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The player would actually need to want to come here.

114Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:44 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

The player would actually need to want to come here.
Why do you assume he wouldn't have.

115Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:20 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Again, 14 forwards without Puempel, Price, Robinson even considered. I don't know people are asking questions they have the answer to?

Should we sign a D man with 8 already NHL D men at this point? (including Wideman)

They need to make a trade, lol, again I don't know why people keep saying and asking the same thing over and over while knowing the answer.

116Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:31 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Again, 14 forwards without Puempel, Price, Robinson even considered.  I don't know people are asking questions they have the answer to?

Should we sign a D man with 8 already NHL D men at this point? (including Wideman)

They need to make a trade, lol, again I don't know why people keep saying and asking the same thing over and over while knowing the answer.  
That's a lame argument. They tried to keep Condra, so they could have offered Williams.

117Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:39 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They were never going to keep Condra, they offered up something they knew he wouldn't take.   They offered him 2 years and less than what he was making before.

It's not an argument, it's fact.  I would take Williams on the Sens no problem but one more time, here it is... I'll even draw the picture for everyone.

MacArthur/Turris/Stone
Hoffman/Zibanejad/Ryan
Michalek/Pageau/Lazar
Chaisson/Smith/Neil
Puempel, Prince, Greening

So where does any UFA forward fit in there?  Murray screwed the Greening contract up, just the way it is so accept it.  He's bought 3 or 4 players out now and has paid 3 or 4 different coaches not to couch.  That's why Greening isn't getting bought out.

You can't add anyone until there is a trade to move out at least 1 body on both the blueline and up front.  There's nothing really to argue here, this is how it is.  You can't argue fact.

They still need to pay Hoffman and Chiasson potentially and that's at least 4 mil right there taking the Sens to 64 mil on the cap... that's league average if not higher.

118Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:42 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

LOL, there is no way they offered Condra a contract knowing/hoping he wouldn't accept. That's ridiculous.

119Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:LOL, there is no way they offered Condra a contract knowing/hoping he wouldn't accept.  That's ridiculous.  

They never offered, they discussed. Also don't forget that Lazar, Puempel, Prince are all on two-way contracts. Last year they didn't have a problem sending Greening down to Bingo. There are ways to make room. Chiasson and Hoffman aren't even signed

120Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:33 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:LOL, there is no way they offered Condra a contract knowing/hoping he wouldn't accept.  That's ridiculous.  

Condra was on the radio this morning and said he gave the Sens a chance to match and they didn't.

It's pretty clear to me Bryan Murray wants to clear spots for the rookies.

121Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I assume they offered Williams 3 mil x 2 years and he took the slightly higher option.

122Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I assume they offered Williams 3 mil x 2 years and he took the slightly higher option.  

Who?

123Silly Season - who will go where? - Page 8 Empty Re: Silly Season - who will go where? Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I assume they offered Williams 3 mil x 2 years and he took the slightly higher option.  

Who?

I think Williams is one of the guys Murray was saying they made offers to. It makes sense and it makes sense that they gauged they market and offered him 3 million (when he signed for 3.25).

Who are the other guys Murray put in offers to? My guess is: 3 million to Ward and 3 million to Stewart - both of which will be beaten out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum