GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will our goalie trade look like?

+10
DirtyDave
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
NEELY
Ev
spader
rooneypoo
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I'm thinking that we're going to do something with #18 and #21 ... and I don't mean draft 18 and 21 ... Smile

BOOM!!!

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago

Expect OTT to try to package the 18th and 21st picks in tonight's draft to move up and pick earlier in the first round. #TSN

I'm not a huge fan of missing out on two pics in the 1st round but if you can move right into the top 7-8 than you might pick up a total stud. What does it take to pick 3rd?

Strome, marner, Hannifin.... Those would wet my dreams!

Doggie Hamilton, according to some.

137What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:47 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:18, 21 and Hoffman for 3rd overall.

I don't think Ottawa would move up that high...it sounded more like Colombus will make a deal with the Coyotes for that pick. I also don't think Ottawa would really want to trade what amounts to 3 first rounders (including Lazar) to get to #3.

138What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:49 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yes please?

139What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:06 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:It clears a logjam up front and in the crease and clears $5.5 Million in the cap. Gets another 1st in the best draft since 2003.
How can you not like this deal???

That's my position as well. Assuming Neely's info is legit (and there's no good reason not to believe him at this point), this had to happen. The Sens clearly maximized the return and will have another solid prospect in the system. I feel like we have a lot to be excited about today.

HappyDance1

140What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:07 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

I don't think Ottawa would move up that high...it sounded more like Colombus will make a deal with the Coyotes for that pick.  I also don't think Ottawa would really want to trade what amounts to 3 first rounders (including Lazar) to get to #3.

Why are we including Lazar?

141What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:09 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Haha no way.  If they get that 21st and get rid of Legwand that's just genius.

Still, doesn't really come close to making up for Greening/Phillips/Michalek extensions or Legwand.e

Nice deal, if you look at it outside of the context of the other recent moves.  I'm not really concerned about playing Lehner 8 times or whatever, but still would have preferred Lehner to be the #1 here.  

Oh, well, 4 picks in the first two rounds and we moved salary -- making room for something big, perhaps.

There have been some great signings in Murray's tenure (ZBad, Stone, Turris, Karlsson, for example) and some poor ones. I personally think they balance out quite well when considered together. Of course, some will only look at the negatives.

142What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:09 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

What a great trade. Moving Legwand was huge, not that moving Greening is a mistake at all but at least you kept the guy you drafted, developed, and a character guy who will work hard and truthfully can't get much worse. Greening being #13 or 14 is just fine by me.

As for Lehner for the #21, fair value. Give the Sens another chip to play with and worst case a prospect to add. I really would try and package that for ROR if possible though.

Great start to the day. Now for my Pamela Amberson beer! #1.

143What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:12 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Haha no way.  If they get that 21st and get rid of Legwand that's just genius.

Still, doesn't really come close to making up for Greening/Phillips/Michalek extensions or Legwand.e

Nice deal, if you look at it outside of the context of the other recent moves.  I'm not really concerned about playing Lehner 8 times or whatever, but still would have preferred Lehner to be the #1 here.  

Oh, well, 4 picks in the first two rounds and we moved salary -- making room for something big, perhaps.

There have been some great signings in Murray's tenure (ZBad, Stone, Turris, Karlsson, for example) and some poor ones. I personally think they balance out quite well when considered together. Of course, some will only look at the negatives.

Like wprager, for instance?

144What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:What a great trade.  Moving Legwand was huge, not that moving Greening is a mistake at all but at least you kept the guy you drafted, developed, and a character guy who will work hard and truthfully can't get much worse.  Greening being #13 or 14 is just fine by me.

As for Lehner for the #21, fair value.  Give the Sens another chip to play with and worst case a prospect to add.  I really would try and package that for ROR if possible though.  

Great start to the day.  Now for my Pamela Amberson beer!  #1.
I'd like the sens to find a way to move greening. Especially if it could free up more salary for them to take a jab at Justin Williams. With greening in the books you have to think that Melnyk might want his money better spent. Without Greening that's like 3 mill in real money that could be allocated to a much better player. I.e. Williams.
I really hope that come to fruitishing.

145What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:15 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ok this is a huge scenario but here goes.
To Carolina : Hoffman, Cowen, 18th overall and Dallas 2nd round pic.
To Ottawa: 5th overall, skinner.
You probably have to stick the 21st overall to make it work also. But change the trade around.

146What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:18 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I don't think Ottawa would move up that high...it sounded more like Colombus will make a deal with the Coyotes for that pick.  I also don't think Ottawa would really want to trade what amounts to 3 first rounders (including Lazar) to get to #3.

Why are we including Lazar?

I wrote Lazar (instead of Hoffman) in my original post by mistake/brain fart

147What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:20 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Updated Cap:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=OTT

About $9M in cap space now. 8D, 2G, 11 Forwards not including Hoffman and Puempel.

148What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:22 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoffman won't be back IMO. I think he's trade bait.

149What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:25 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's going to be busy in here today so I am in the chatbox for anyone that cares. Don't feel like jumping back and forth.

150What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:26 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Havent been there in years.
How do I even access it?

151What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:27 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Click chat box

152What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Shows that Murray and Co really know where it's at these days. So impressed with Dorian right now.

153What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 10 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:37 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Ok this is a huge scenario but here goes.
To Carolina : Hoffman, Cowen, 18th overall and Dallas 2nd round pic.
To Ottawa: 5th overall, skinner.
You probably have to stick the 21st overall to make it work also. But change the trade around.

Not the worst idea I've seen, but I don't see us dealing that much to take a chance on Skinner. The guy is majorly damaged goods.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum