GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What will our goalie trade look like?

+10
DirtyDave
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
NEELY
Ev
spader
rooneypoo
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

121What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:00 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:Been a while since I posted, but I hate this trade.  I was against the Bishop trade and now they are trading away the only other piece of our goalie future.  There are only 3 possibilities.  A)  They really believe Hammond is better than Lehner (ridiculous)  B) Lehner has bigger injury issues than we all know about C)  Matt O'Conner is closer to playing in their eyes than we think and they are willing to wait 2 years for him over Lehner.

Either way trading him to a in division rival is stupid and will haunt us.

I personally don't believe goalies are that important anymore that you need a guy to be your future when you have a guy here for the next four years at least. You can get goalies from everywhere.

122What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:01 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Dislike that's it's in the division - again.

The return is nice, but if lehner turns out to be a stud you have to play him 6 times a year now.

Seriously, who cares? What a bunch of big babies.

123What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:01 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

It clears a logjam up front and in the crease and clears $5.5 Million in the cap. Gets another 1st in the best draft since 2003.
How can you not like this deal???

124What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:If NEELY"s info was true, then the Sens will WANT to play him and score on him 6 times a year

That'S an interesting point.

125What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:02 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It sure sounds like it'll be Lehner. I'd guess to Buffalo, but I have no idea for what.

Ding ding ding.

People look at including Legwand as just a salary dump, but are forgetting that he is actually a useful player too, that just didn't fit in here for whatever reason.

We added a veteran to help the kids. The kids have grown up.

126What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm thinking that we're going to do something with #18 and #21 ... and I don't mean draft 18 and 21 ... Smile

127What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:If NEELY"s info was true, then the Sens will WANT to play him and score on him 6 times a year

I can confirm that the room doesn't love (or even like) Lehner. Neely is right, that in itself is enough to trade him. Also just talked to someone who I trust and he said they really believe in O'Conner. So much that they offered him the opportunity to play in the NHL for small stints if he wanted. It's O'Conner that doesn't want to play in the NHL until he's had 2 years to work on his game at the pro level.

I don't like trading talent, and Lehner has talent, but you can't discount the fact that the people in the room are not his best friends.

128What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

22_4_ever wrote:Been a while since I posted, but I hate this trade.  I was against the Bishop trade and now they are trading away the only other piece of our goalie future.  There are only 3 possibilities.  A)  They really believe Hammond is better than Lehner (ridiculous)  B) Lehner has bigger injury issues than we all know about C)  Matt O'Conner is closer to playing in their eyes than we think and they are willing to wait 2 years for him over Lehner.

Either way trading him to a in division rival is stupid and will haunt us.

D) They couldn't get a better deal than this for Anderson.

129What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I can confirm that the room doesn't love (or even like) Lehner.  Neely is right, that in itself is enough to trade him.  Also just talked to someone who I trust and he said they really believe in O'Conner.  So much that they offered him the opportunity to play in the NHL for small stints if he wanted.  It's O'Conner that doesn't want to play in the NHL until he's had 2 years to work on his game at the pro level.  

I don't like trading talent, and Lehner has talent, but you can't discount the fact that the people in the room are not his best friends.  

Well that's that then. The ottawa room appears very tight knit, so you clear out a guy that wasn't liked and you get a good pick. Sucks it's in the division but I doubt any other team was willing to give what buffalo did.

I must say...I never thought we'd get a solid pick like that.

130What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Haha no way.  If they get that 21st and get rid of Legwand that's just genius.

Still, doesn't really come close to making up for Greening/Phillips/Michalek extensions or Legwand.e

Nice deal, if you look at it outside of the context of the other recent moves. I'm not really concerned about playing Lehner 8 times or whatever, but still would have preferred Lehner to be the #1 here.

Oh, well, 4 picks in the first two rounds and we moved salary -- making room for something big, perhaps.

131What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:30 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah it's tough to part with a guy that you've been looking forward to for years now. You really hope this deal looks good for us at least in the short run (2-3 years). long run we've got o'connor I guess to look forward to.

I'm gonna parade this deal in front of everyone that said we wouldn't get more than a 2nd rounder. Fools

Like its been said I don't see this so much as a someone had to take back a bad contract. It would have been greening then yes but Buffalo kind of needs a guy like legwand and it's only for a year.

Wonder if this signals a buyout for greening.

Anyways I'm intrigued to see if we can turn one of those 1st rounder into a higher pick with those second rounders. I'd love to have two picks in the 1st at the end of the day. Bring back some top talent. Unless we can get the 3rd overall ? Sarcasm . Pick ahead of the leafs? Strome?

132What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:36 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:I'm thinking that we're going to do something with #18 and #21 ... and I don't mean draft 18 and 21 ... Smile

BOOM!!!

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago

Expect OTT to try to package the 18th and 21st picks in tonight's draft to move up and pick earlier in the first round. #TSN

133What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I'm thinking that we're going to do something with #18 and #21 ... and I don't mean draft 18 and 21 ... Smile

BOOM!!!

Expect OTT to try to package the 18th and 21st picks in tonight's draft to move up and pick earlier in the first round. #TSN

Ahhhhh!

134What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:43 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

BOOM!!!

I'm not a huge fan of missing out on two pics in the 1st round but if you can move right into the top 7-8 than you might pick up a total stud. What does it take to pick 3rd?

Strome, marner, Hannifin.... Those would wet my dreams!

135What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:45 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

18, 21 and Hoffman for 3rd overall.

Last edited by LeCaptain on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

136What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

BOOM!!!

I'm not a huge fan of missing out on two pics in the 1st round but if you can move right into the top 7-8 than you might pick up a total stud. What does it take to pick 3rd?

Strome, marner, Hannifin.... Those would wet my dreams!

Doggie Hamilton, according to some.

137What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:47 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:18, 21 and Hoffman for 3rd overall.

I don't think Ottawa would move up that high...it sounded more like Colombus will make a deal with the Coyotes for that pick. I also don't think Ottawa would really want to trade what amounts to 3 first rounders (including Lazar) to get to #3.

138What will our goalie trade look like? - Page 9 Empty Re: What will our goalie trade look like? Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:18, 21 and Hoffman for 3rd overall.

Yes please?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum