GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

+9
rooneypoo
NEELY
wprager
spader
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:No one mentioned the face off infraction call?  That was all kinds of PullHair .

Welcome back Mr. Anderson. We've missed you.

BoroCop was awesome.

Refs were quite weird. Almost like they were parodying themselves.

If we had a team of Pageaus, we'd never lose.

Let's win on Friday, shall we?

I was on my way home from work, listening to the radio when the face off penalty happened. Gord and Dean were losing their Dung...They said Hoffman didn't try to do anything on the faceoff after Zib got kicked out and it seemed like that's why they got the penalty.  Pretty much the linesman effed up both times and it was on him for not letting the official know that was the case rather than allowing the ottawa penalty to happen.

It was a super-weird situation. On the second attempted faceoff, Hoffman knocked the puck out of the linesman's hands, so I guess that's why the second violation (an automatic penalty) was called...but there were actually three faceoffs total. The first one the linesman blew dead after dropping the puck because of some reason...I guess he felt it wasn't fair. Then on the 2nd faceoff, the Ottawa player got kicked out, then the 3rd happened with Hoffman.

To quote Don Cherry "JUST. DROP. THE. PUCK."

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Well... you know there is a lot of pressure on Friday night to end the Sens season in Montreal but we are now almost 5 games in and you can see the smaller Habs slowing down a little bit.  Game 5 is game 7 for the Habs, they do not want to come back to Ottawa.

Best case scenario for the Habs right now is not getting hurt while winning this series in 5... not exactly motivational.

All those hits in the first 3 games are also coming around to roost, to mix some metaphors. Pacioretty has been MIA except for that one PP goal. He's far from 100%. Last night he took a fairly heavy hit -- Pageau, I think. Need a few more like that to make him think twice about where he goes on the ice.

We really, really need to get into Price's crease and make it uncomfortable for him. Refs need to pull their whistles out and call the penalties on their beloved Habs. That diving "warning" -- what the heck is that? If he dove (and since they've done it a lot already) give him 2. That said, they are officially on record with a warning so the refs will be looking for it.

How is Gallagher getting away with all the goalie interferences? I could barely believe the play last night -- he skates right through the crease (puck was nowhere near it) and pushes Anderson out of the way with his stick up high -- a cross check, by most definitions. He also bumped into him behind the net. He completely ran *over* Hammond in the first game (after the Plekanec goal). Plekanec joined in the fun last night as Andy was reaching for a puck at eye-level and Plekanec went right through his outstretched blocker arm. It wasn't exactly in the crease but still, that's interfering with the goalie. And of course that cross-checking call on Boro was all about DSP standing 2 feet deep in the crease way before the puck arrived.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Face off violation...still can't believe that one.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prags, you are repeating yourself. And you have an unhealthy obsession with the officiating.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Face off violation...still can't believe that one.  

That was a huge red flag right there. Almost like the refs wanted Montreal to win. Or, at the very least, they wanted Ottawa to lose... Vertigo

It's right up there with Subban overturning calls and making calls on the ice and that Turris diving penalty earlier this year with the trip (or whatever it was) not being called. You never see those things.

Granted, Clouston argued calls so I guess we deserve it. Because nobody argues calls. Ever.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Ghost of Cory Clouston will haunt us forever and ever....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The Ghost of Cory Clouston will haunt us forever and ever....

good thing the penalty kill has been solid. It looked even more aggressive yesterday which was surprising in an elimination game but delightful, nonetheless.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:History (re)starts today.

#gosengo

#sensin7 TwoThumbsUp!

LET'S DO IT!!!!

Done.

Agreed!

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:No one mentioned the face off infraction call?  That was all kinds of PullHair .

Welcome back Mr. Anderson. We've missed you.

BoroCop was awesome.

Refs were quite weird. Almost like they were parodying themselves.

If we had a team of Pageaus, we'd never lose.

Let's win on Friday, shall we?

I was on my way home from work, listening to the radio when the face off penalty happened. Gord and Dean were losing their Dung...They said Hoffman didn't try to do anything on the faceoff after Zib got kicked out and it seemed like that's why they got the penalty.  Pretty much the linesman effed up both times and it was on him for not letting the official know that was the case rather than allowing the ottawa penalty to happen.

It was a super-weird situation.  On the second attempted faceoff, Hoffman knocked the puck out of the linesman's hands, so I guess that's why the second violation (an automatic penalty) was called...but there were actually three faceoffs total.  The first one the linesman blew dead after dropping the puck because of some reason...I guess he felt it wasn't fair.  Then on the 2nd faceoff, the Ottawa player got kicked out, then the 3rd happened with Hoffman.  

To quote Don Cherry "JUST. DROP. THE. PUCK."

It wasn't fair because Ottawa won those clean and it could have created a scoring chance.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You have to have nuts the size of coconuts to make that call in a 0-0 elimination game on the team's home ice. Crazy. I don't yell at refs often (from the couch) because they're really not out to get you (Prager), but what a Cussing ballsy, dumb call that was.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

First time I watch Stone live. Him and Pageau are unreal, that's why the PK is amazing right now. They anticipate the plays better than anyone else.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Condra and Pageau killing penalties together is a magical thing to watch.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:First time I watch Stone live. Him and Pageau are unreal, that's why the PK is amazing right now. They anticipate the plays better than anyone else.

Stone is ridiculously good. He's already our version of Johnny Toes and obviously already is and will continue to be better than that overrated player for the next decade and a half.

No wonder I've had him on my extremely short "untouchable" list for some time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:First time I watch Stone live. Him and Pageau are unreal, that's why the PK is amazing right now. They anticipate the plays better than anyone else.

Yeah, both players are incredible at reading plays. Condra's pretty good too. This with Stone not even close to 100% either.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

People don't appreciate defense enough in sports.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Also, watching Anderson play this way... oh man.  I can't stand his injuries, his head games he plays with himself, and the general demeanor he carries sometimes but just wow.  He's a top 5 goalie when he plays like that and most importantly he is not intimidated looking at Price at the other end.

Is he really the guy the Sens should be trading?  I obviously think he is still but man, you have to stop and think a minute.

This is why you have to trade him.
Imagine if he contributes this way all the way to a game 7? Or dare I say the 2nd round?
His value will be up!
I'm not comfortable with Anderson being here long term and what that means for lehner. You couldn't ask for a better time.

I really want a package deal made to Edmonton but I don't think they move one of their big guys. It might end up being Pitts 1st they offer in exchange. To me that's not the deal the team needs to make but I don't feel we'll have that many dance partners.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Also, watching Anderson play this way... oh man.  I can't stand his injuries, his head games he plays with himself, and the general demeanor he carries sometimes but just wow.  He's a top 5 goalie when he plays like that and most importantly he is not intimidated looking at Price at the other end.

Is he really the guy the Sens should be trading?  I obviously think he is still but man, you have to stop and think a minute.

This is why you have to trade him.
Imagine if he contributes this way all the way to a game 7? Or dare I say the 2nd round?
His value will be up!
I'm not comfortable with Anderson being here long term and what that means for lehner. You couldn't ask for a better time.

I really want a package deal made to Edmonton but I don't think they move one of their big guys. It might end up being Pitts 1st they offer in exchange. To me that's not the deal the team needs to make but I don't feel we'll have that many dance partners.

You trade the guy that gets you the best return. If that's Lehner because a team likes his upside better than what Anderson would give them, you don't think twice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:You have to have nuts the size of coconuts to make that call in a 0-0 elimination game on the team's home ice.  Crazy.  I don't yell at refs often (from the couch) because they're really not out to get you (Prager), but what a Cussing ballsy, dumb call that was.

Or brain the size of nuts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum