GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT: Sens @ Canadiens - Wednesday, Apr 15th, 7:00pm

+13
Flo The Action
Vandelay
Hobiesens
Oglethorpe
wprager
spader
Ev
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I blame SSF's half hearted burgled ham update pre-game.
I expect a much better report from sources this time around old friend.

My sources were overzealous in updating me so early. They really needed their customary noon-ish wake-up time. Lesson learned?

Let's just not muddy things up with a Bobby Ryan update this time and we should be good to go.

That's entirely on WP Rager. Which, in a roundabout way, means this loss is also entirely on WP Rager.

Ev wrote:God damnit WP Rager

Can't blame this one on me. I was rightfully concerned. Winning game 2 is slightly preferable to game 1 (assuming you split) but now with Stone out it's going to be that much harder. We were already playing with four top-six (Michalek just got back on the ice, Ryan is playing like Cheechoo) and now we are replacing Stone -- top five in the league in the second half -- with Chris Neil. And there's nothing the Habs will want more than going up 2-0, so I expect them to come out swinging for the fences.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prags, I would expect the refs to call it real tight tonight. The first scrum, they'll pull one guy out of to make an example out of, and they'll probably keep doing this. The one thing they don't want is for things to get crazy. I imagine both teams will be warned by the league, at least unofficially. You can bet that if a Habs player gets injured on a questionable play, the offending Sens player will get the book thrown at them since it will be viewed as "retribution" since we basically said we're "Out For Justice" (great Steven Seagal movie).

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I blame SSF's half hearted burgled ham update pre-game.
I expect a much better report from sources this time around old friend.

My sources were overzealous in updating me so early. They really needed their customary noon-ish wake-up time. Lesson learned?

Let's just not muddy things up with a Bobby Ryan update this time and we should be good to go.

That's entirely on WP Rager. Which, in a roundabout way, means this loss is also entirely on WP Rager.

Your logic, and statistical analysis, is undeniable old friend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Prags, I would expect the refs to call it real tight tonight.  The first scrum, they'll pull one guy out of to make an example out of, and they'll probably keep doing this.  The one thing they don't want is for things to get crazy.  I imagine both teams will be warned by the league, at least unofficially.  You can bet that if a Habs player gets injured on a questionable play, the offending Sens player will get the book thrown at them since it will be viewed as "retribution" since we basically said we're "Out For Justice" (great Steven Seagal movie).

I think the Sens will take every chance presented to them to finish their checks in a legal way. Best retribution is to put a few pucks behind Price and win the game, then the series. PK likes to handle the puck, let him. Don't go out of your way to try and deliver the hit, but take advantage of any opportunity presented. And not just Subban but anyone in red-and-blue. Including the guy between the pipes.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Prags, I would expect the refs to call it real tight tonight.  The first scrum, they'll pull one guy out of to make an example out of, and they'll probably keep doing this.  The one thing they don't want is for things to get crazy.  I imagine both teams will be warned by the league, at least unofficially.  You can bet that if a Habs player gets injured on a questionable play, the offending Sens player will get the book thrown at them since it will be viewed as "retribution" since we basically said we're "Out For Justice" (great Steven Seagal movie).

I think the Sens will take every chance presented to them to finish their checks in a legal way.  Best retribution is to put a few pucks behind Price and win the game, then the series.  PK likes to handle the puck, let him.  Don't go out of your way to try and deliver the hit, but take advantage of any opportunity presented.  And not just Subban but anyone in red-and-blue.  Including the guy between the pipes.

Well said. I hope this is a big part of their strategy. If PK sees someone trying to run him, he's just going to dodge and take the opportunity to shoot. They need to play him tight, but not be running around. I feel like Neil will take a few late hits for sure though.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally  29s29 seconds ago
Stone is on the ice for warmup.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Gamesmanship? Or a truly game-time decision?

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 27s28 seconds ago
Stone is holding his stick with one hand most of the time. #Sens

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ugh. Nevermind. He's gonna sit, methinks.

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m1 minute ago
Stone can barely shoot the puck. Holding his stick with one hand when he doesn't have the puck. #Sens

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Remember Neil = WIN !!! That's the key takeaway !!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum