GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
spader
Vandelay
asq2
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Ev
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The Lehner will start tomorrow vs the Pens.

Should be a good test for the youngster. Our players will have to be extra vigilant against the notoriously dirty Penguins, led by Crybaby Crysby.

'bout time Mister Lernerd got a shot!

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'd "jump" for that guy. Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 164414

Oh you!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 852933671

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The Sharks may need a goalie just to get to the playoffs... Kings being 4 points back with 2 games in hand.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't imagine them giving up Hertl for Anderson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I can't imagine them giving up Hertl for Anderson.

Don't forget that Anderson is no rental...this is a longer term goaltending solution.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Da Costa had "another" 5 point game today and is 4th in league scoring with 58 points in 42 games.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow, he's gonna be a factor next year, I think.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mind you, I don't hold that league in high regard at all. Akin to the AHL IMO, maybe a little better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I can't imagine them giving up Hertl for Anderson.

Don't forget that Anderson is no rental...this is a longer term goaltending solution.

I'm pretty sure I was initially talking about a Lehner for Hertl trade but I think the same applies for Anderson if San Jose decide they need a goalie that badly. And, as I'm sure I said at that time, Legwand easily fills a hole for an underachieving Hertl.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, maybe Legwand + Anderson + 4th or something for Hertl. No idea...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Mind you, I don't hold that league in high regard at all.  Akin to the AHL IMO, maybe a little better.

I think we can all agree that Kovalchuk is an NHL calibre player, though, and DaCosta is ahead of him in points in fewer games. I'd lean more on that info having never seen a KHL game myself.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Mind you, I don't hold that league in high regard at all.  Akin to the AHL IMO, maybe a little better.

I think we can all agree that Kovalchuk is an NHL calibre player, though, and DaCosta is ahead of him in points in fewer games. I'd lean more on that info having never seen a KHL game myself.

I think it's a case of Kovie not giving a Diddle about the KHL anymore. The ruble is in the crapper and Kovie is likely feeling the 'pinch'.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

yeah but it's a different type of play in the K. it gives you more space for guys to move and it's not as physical. i don't question Kovalchuk being an NHL player but i question DC being able to perform the same as he is there in the NHL. he can probably play in the NHL but how effective???

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He was pretty good last time he was with Ottawa.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:He was pretty good last time he was with Ottawa.

Considering ZBad and Turdis have both struggled mightily at different times, it wouldn't have been bad to have a 3rd offensive-minded centre.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

yeah but it's a different type of play in the K. it gives you more space for guys to move and it's not as physical. i don't question Kovalchuk being an NHL player but i question DC being able to perform the same as he is there in the NHL. he can probably play in the NHL but how effective???

I heard that they play a stifling, trapping style over there. Thanks for clearing that up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:He was pretty good last time he was with Ottawa.

Considering ZBad and Turdis have both struggled mightily at different times, it wouldn't have been bad to have a 3rd offensive-minded centre.

Agreed. Will be really nice to see him next camp and see if he's up to the physical challenge like Pageau.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A Phinal Pharewell phrom The Philler?

Chris Phillips ‏@CPhillipsFour 10m10 minutes ago
Thank you @Senators , fans,friends and family for making gm#1179 a very special and memorable one.

more to come

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum