GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
LeCaptain
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 17]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd happily switch places and be in the wildcard race.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Mmmmm, tough call. I wouldn't because if they were where the Leafs are right now that's in no man's land. Missing the playoffs is going to force a lot of people to take a 2nd look at what they have done and the added benefit of a higher draft pick.

I will never cheer for the Sens to lose but I am not hoping this team rockets up the standings because long term I don't think it benefits anyone.

The Leafs, I hope they finish 9th or tied for the wild card but lose the tie breaker.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would always take making the playoffs over not, but yeah, finishing just outside is kinda useless. I dunno what effect it has on motivation for the following season on the players vs finishing last.

109Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 8 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I haven't seen the TSN panel so jubilant in awhile.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I would always take making the playoffs over not, but yeah, finishing just outside is kinda useless. I dunno what effect it has on motivation for the following season on the players vs finishing last.

They have no business being in the playoffs. If they miraculously scraped enough wins -- and teams ahead of them suddenly started losing -- then they'd face a juggernaut team, in the first round and lose in 4-5 games. Melnyk would welcome the gate for the two home dates but that's about all. Don't know if anyone would actually learn anything valuable they don't already know.

The Bingo boys have been through the Calder Cup run, Lazar has won the Memorial Cup and a U20 Gold, Ryan has played for the US in the Olympics (OT in gold medal game). Half of this roster beat the Habs in round 1 two years ago. We've got enough high-pressure game experience that would not be augmented by a 4-5 game playoff loss.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, the previous post is about the Sens even though this is a Leafs thread.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sorry, the previous post is about the Sens even though this is a Leafs thread.

Get it together, old timer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Sorry, the previous post is about the Sens even though this is a Leafs thread.

Don't make me hack you.

114Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 8 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:23 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Don't make me hack you.

My sincere apologies. I won't do it again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't say I didn't warn you.

116Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 8 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:04 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pfft. Farter

117Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 8 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Pfft. Farter

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 8 Super-fart

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Phil Kessel was -4 in 13 minutes of ice time against the Rangers last night. Excellent.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Again predictable outcome of what many said would happen. Kessel is done as a Leaf.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hope they have patience there for the next half decade plus. Lol, I couldn't keep a straight face writing that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's funny, though, how many here were saying things like "The Leafs are making the right moves -- I don't like it". Then when they got off to a good start sure, some were saying "Just wait for their usual mid-season melt down" (and, boy, were they right!) but others -- admit it -- were thinking the Leafs were actually getting better. Remember, this is a team that, just a couple years ago were up 4-1 in the third in game 7 against Boston. It was the advanced stats guys that were pressing the panic button early on in the season when the Leafs were contending for the lead in the East.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They were making solid moves, I like a lot of the players they have brought in... but having your 8 million dollar player coming into camp 15lbs over weight and his best buddy laughing about it, that's the crap that rip teams apart and it did.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They made some good signings this summer, but it's like trying to spray Lysol in an outhouse. Their core is rotten and needs to be blown up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum