GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I'll eat crow on the Spezza trade right about now.  Chiasson is a beast along the boards so far, not to mention he's got a great shot and plays hard.

Hopefully he keeps it going in the effort department, as I'm sure we don't expect him to continue at 2 points for every 3 games.

I feel like we're going to have 6~ players flirting with 20G/20A on the year -- Turris, Mac, and Ryan obviously, but other candidates include Stone, Chiasson, Zibanejad, and Michalek. A 20/20 season for Chiasson would be a huge step forward for him.

Agreed. Once Legwand gets going, you can probably slot him in for near 20.  That would obviously be in an ideal world, but it's very possible.

Stone's such a good player...we knew it last year, but it's nice to see it reinforced thus far.

Nick Paul also scored a hat-trick for North Bay last night.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone else think it's time to trade Cowen?

Does Cowen, Hoffman, Dallas 2nd get Eberle from Edmonton?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anyone else think it's time to trade Cowen?

I would do that so quickly from an Ottawa POV, but I doubt Edmonton does. Why would they take Cowen at this point, now that they have Klefbom and especially Nurse?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yes it's time to move Cowen.

Laughable offer for Eberle.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now might not be the best time to move Cowen, his value has to be at an all time low.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Eberle is terrible as an all-around player so I wouldn't even trade that package for him to be honest. It's a win but I like our right side without Eberle.

Last edited by Ev on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha I would in the drop of a hat.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle right side, left side, you make that trade all day long. But even Edmonton is smarter than that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:

I would do that so quickly from an Ottawa POV, but I doubt Edmonton does.  Why would they take Cowen at this point, now that they have Klefbom and especially Nurse?

Because they're dying for a shutdown defenceman and maybe a scenery change (to a Western Canadian market) might help his development. Edmonton also has Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, Perron, Pouliot, Draisitl in their top 9. Maybe a defensive forward (Condra/Greening) going back instead of Hoffman?

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Ryan-Eberle-Chiasson
Lazar-Legwand-Zibanejad
Hoff/Condra-Smith-Neil

That's a playoff team and potentially the best set of forwards in the Eastern conference.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Eberle is terrible as an all-around player so I wouldn't even trade that package for him to be honest. It's a win but I like our right side without Eberle.

he's a natural center that can play on both sides

we have 2 seconds, 8 defencemen, and 14 forwards. A trade has to be made eventually and I'd much rather Eberle than Stewart

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:Spezza:
2 GP, 1 A, -3

Liked the deal then, like it now

By all means, lets decide the trade after 3 games.

I like Chiasson's game, too, but let's evaluate after 10/20 games. One thing, for sure, our PP has not gotten better. And Turris is really struggling in the face off circle, which is odd, since last season he was taking the draws against the other teams' 1LC most of the time.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lets say they do want to move Eberle for cap and depth purposes, they can get a better deal that Hoffman and Cowen and whatever draft pick you want to throw in there other than a 1st.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Eberle is terrible as an all-around player so I wouldn't even trade that package for him to be honest. It's a win but I like our right side without Eberle.

he's a natural center that can play on both sides

we have 2 seconds, 8 defencemen, and 14 forwards. A trade has to be made eventually and I'd much rather Eberle than Stewart

He never plays LW. I think he is massively over hyped and I wouldn't touch any Oiler forward if we got him for free.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
2 GP, 1 A, -3

I like Chiasson's game, too, but let's evaluate after 10/20 games.  One thing, for sure, our PP has not gotten better.  And Turris is really struggling in the face off circle, which is odd, since last season he was taking the draws against the other teams' 1LC most of the time.

If you watched the Dallas games it's the same Spezza... not even sure he has had a scoring chance. Spezza is decling quick.

As for Turris, he's just as solid as he was last year, he's taken that next step and is now leading the team.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
2 GP, 1 A, -3

I like Chiasson's game, too, but let's evaluate after 10/20 games.  One thing, for sure, our PP has not gotten better.  And Turris is really struggling in the face off circle, which is odd, since last season he was taking the draws against the other teams' 1LC most of the time.

If you watched the Dallas games it's the same Spezza... not even sure he has had a scoring chance.  Spezza is decling quick.

As for Turris, he's just as solid as he was last year, he's taken that next step and is now leading the team.

Not yet but he's proven that we can expect him to be. So far his effort is sporadic and he's fighting the puck a lot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Lets say they do want to move Eberle for cap and depth purposes, they can get a better deal that Hoffman and Cowen and whatever draft pick you want to throw in there other than a 1st.

I agree but Cowen is signed to a team-friendly contract (if he shows up), Hoffman would fit Edmonton's style of play perfectly, and a 2nd is always nice. Keep in mind we gave up a 1st, an injured prospect, and a top-nine who showed potential for Ryan. Cowen, 2nd, and a good prospect is equivalent in my mind.

Edmonton also has Petry (UFA), Hunt (RFA), and Schultz (RFA) next season with virtually no other prospects than Nurse and Klefbom in their system. Even their forwards prospects aren't great since they just rush everyone into the NHL prematurely.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
2 GP, 1 A, -3

If you watched the Dallas games it's the same Spezza... not even sure he has had a scoring chance.  Spezza is decling quick.

Not yet but he's proven that we can expect him to be. So far his effort is sporadic and he's fighting the puck a lot.

Are you talking about Turris? That guy is all over the place, making the smart play while making really high level talent plays. He's amazing, I don't see much fighting the puck. Maybe from time to time, but it's early and most guys have fought the puck a bit.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
2 GP, 1 A, -3

I saw the Dallas highlights from the other night and Spezza was chasing the puck from behind, stuck out his stick, and the player he was chasing ended up scoring an easy goal. What we needed from Spezza was exactly what Ryan did last night. We never got that from Spezza and now he's Dallas's problem. Good riddance.

We hands down won that trade. Not only did we get a top-six, two prospects, and a 2nd but we got a team willing to play two-way hockey, an invested Erik Karlsson, and a stingy defensive team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum