GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hoags
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
spader
22_4_ever
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:
NEELY wrote:People need to get a life.

Ive stopped going on twitter for hockey discussion.
it's depressing

Never have, never will.  Twitter is a voice for the stupid and nothing short of it.

@TSNBobMcKenzie and a crapload of others disagree.  

Only people with the blue check mark should be allowed to post then Sarcasm

I know you kid, but here's the list of verified accounts:

https://twitter.com/verified/following

A whole lot of names that evoke "Who?" from me.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think Neely meant following actual news people is stupid, it's the dumb fans and the advanced stats bloggers who bring everything down. Even negative nancy james Gordon

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I don't think Neely meant following actual news people is stupid, it's the dumb fans and the advanced stats bloggers who bring everything down. Even negative nancy james Gordon

NEELY: Captain Hyperbole!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 66 F3cabe4709ab0e8a26c6f4ad62a8c1ee

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently you're not a real fan unless you are positive all the time.

ThisJustIn!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If the HF guy is right, we should hear something today.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:If the HF guy is right, we should hear something today.
believe it when i see it... but i will be keeping an eye out today for sure.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would assume any contract for Bobby R will be a minimum $7M/year cap hit.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Apparently you're not a real fan unless you are positive all the time.

ThisJustIn!

Laugh1

I'd say N4L is the first guy to call out a player or the entire team if he is / they are playing Dung.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Hoags wrote:Apparently you're not a real fan unless you are positive all the time.

ThisJustIn!

Laugh1

I'd say N4L is the first guy to call out a player or the entire team if he is / they are playing Dung.

What does that have to do with anything? What a weird infatuation you and Ev have with Neely. It borders on fetish.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And after the Ryan signing I'm looking forward to a roster-cleansing trade. We have 8 NHL defensemen (including Ceci) and 12 forwards (including Zibanejad, Chiasson and Stone). Then you still have Hoffman, Pageau, Lazar, Peumple, Paul, Guptill who will all be pushing for a spot.

If they don't move a defenseman then I don't see how they can afford to keep Ceci around. As someone pointed out on twitter, carrying 2 extra D is like carrying 4 extra F. You need on spare D and 2 spare F and the roster is full.

And Lazar is likely to start the year in Edmonton until there are injuries (either on the Sens roster or on another team's, prompting a trade).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Laugh1

What does that have to do with anything?  What a weird infatuation you and Ev have with Neely.  It borders on fetish.

Well yah... I have the same fetish.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:And after the Ryan signing I'm looking forward to a roster-cleansing trade.  We have 8 NHL defensemen (including Ceci) and 12 forwards (including Zibanejad, Chiasson and Stone).  Then you still have Hoffman, Pageau, Lazar, Peumple, Paul, Guptill who will all be pushing for a spot.  

If they don't move a defenseman then I don't see how they can afford to keep Ceci around.  As someone pointed out on twitter, carrying 2 extra D is like carrying 4 extra F.  You need on spare D and 2 spare F and the roster is full.  

And Lazar is likely to start the year in Edmonton until there are injuries (either on the Sens roster or on another team's, prompting a trade).

I don't think you can recall Lazar once you send him to junior, so the decision has to be made.

Also, I don't see a trade coming personally. Wiercioch is more valuable than a 3rd - which is what I assume teams are offering. Boro is cheap and going nowhere. Gryba is excellent.

So, yeah, that leaves Ceci in the AHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Laugh1

What does that have to do with anything?  What a weird infatuation you and Ev have with Neely.  It borders on fetish.

It's not as creepy to love yourself.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:And after the Ryan signing I'm looking forward to a roster-cleansing trade.  We have 8 NHL defensemen (including Ceci) and 12 forwards (including Zibanejad, Chiasson and Stone).  Then you still have Hoffman, Pageau, Lazar, Peumple, Paul, Guptill who will all be pushing for a spot.  

If they don't move a defenseman then I don't see how they can afford to keep Ceci around.  As someone pointed out on twitter, carrying 2 extra D is like carrying 4 extra F.  You need on spare D and 2 spare F and the roster is full.  

I don't think you can recall Lazar once you send him to junior, so the decision has to be made.

Also, I don't see a trade coming personally.  Wiercioch is more valuable than a 3rd - which is what I assume teams are offering.  Boro is cheap and going nowhere.  Gryba is excellent.  

So, yeah, that leaves Ceci in the AHL.

When was the last time a junior player was called up after being sent down? Never happens and won't start this year so he's either in Edmonton or Ottawa. Trade, injury, w/e else Lazar won't be a call up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Laugh1

It's not as creepy to love yourself.

Whitney said it was the greatest love of all.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Laugh1

Go up and look at the order of the conversation. The comment was suggesting Neely is critical of Yost, etc., because they 'aren't positive all the time,' and by implication, that he is. Pretty easy to figure out.

As for respecting Neely, yep. I still remember a time when you and a bunch of other gullible folks got sucked into Notch's swirling mass of Cochroche nonsense, and he and I were out on the margins alone, so yeah excuse me if the memory remains fresh.

As for being infatuated with Ev, wow, that's a new one to me. Pretty sure much of the contact I've had with him in the first year of his time year was reminding him that this isn't fantasy hockey LOL. He's come a long way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
When was the last time a junior player was called up after being sent down?  Never happens and won't start this year so he's either in Edmonton or Ottawa.  Trade, injury, w/e else Lazar won't be a call up.

I don't know, is that a rule? He can certainly be brought up when the Oil Kings are done, could even got to Bingo. But are you saying they can't bring him up *during* the season? Is that because there is no affiliation between the NHL club and the CHL club?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum