GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hoags
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
spader
22_4_ever
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/VideoHub/?collection=72&show=429975

"Ryan wants to make OTT his home"

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's do it! Ahhhhh!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/VideoHub/?collection=72&show=429975

Readies popcorn...

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:

Readies popcorn...

I'm not saying he doesn't..but what do you expect him to say...

I'm really not that fond of the Owner or the taxes I have to pay (which is bs because they get the tax money back from their own govt), so I've decided I'm not staying.

Frankly, I expect him to say he wants to stay even if he doesn't. Unless his agent(s) is/are morons.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Readies popcorn...

I'm really not that fond of the Owner or the taxes I have to pay (which is bs because they get the tax money back from their own govt), so I've decided I'm not staying.

Frankly, I expect him to say he wants to stay even if he doesn't.  Unless his agent(s) is/are morons.

He could have easily said something like "I don't want to talk about extensions until the year's done," etc etc., but he didn't. We'll see, but it's a good sign, on top of everything else we've seen/heard in the last 4~ weeks.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see. IMO this is the move that will either make the franchise look legit or a laughing stock.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:We'll see. IMO this is the move that will either make the franchise look legit or a laughing stock.

My guess is he signs a 3 year deal - the best, most tradeable deal in hockey. His numbers don't support him getting a long-term $7M+ contract so he'll sign something shorter term, see how the team does, and in another year or two can talk trade/extension. My guess 3 yr, $20M front-loaded ($8M, $7M, $5M)

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think a deal similar to MacArthur's might happen. If I had to guess Ryan will sign a 6 year x 7 mil deal IF he does indeed sign with Ottawa. Those are numbers that are fair to everyone.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

he won't not re-sign in Ottawa. But if he didn't I'd look at Stone and Lazar and shrug it off

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or you could have Stone, Lazar AND Ryan.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Readies popcorn...

Frankly, I expect him to say he wants to stay even if he doesn't.  Unless his agent(s) is/are morons.

He could have easily said something like "I don't want to talk about extensions until the year's done," etc etc., but he didn't. We'll see, but it's a good sign, on top of everything else we've seen/heard in the last 4~ weeks.

Very True...and the Newport Sports guys have a very very good relationship with Murray. I hate saying it but Simpson made a good point on the radio yesterday, that if he didn't want to stay it's plausible and likely that the newport guys would have given the Sens a heads up at the draft.

We'll see.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Readies popcorn...

Very True...and the Newport Sports guys have a very very good relationship with Murray. I hate saying it but Simpson made a good point on the radio yesterday, that if he didn't want to stay it's plausible and likely that the newport guys would have given the Sens a heads up at the draft.

We'll see.

The foundation for a dynasty is here. It's now a matter of locking up our core players and putting everyone in positions to win which starts with the right leadership from owner down. I think the org has made it clear that that's their focus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:People need to get a life.

We *have* a life. It's called hockey!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Ive stopped going on twitter for hockey discussion.
it's depressing

Never have, never will.  Twitter is a voice for the stupid and nothing short of it.

@TSNBobMcKenzie and a crapload of others disagree.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:

it's depressing

Never have, never will.  Twitter is a voice for the stupid and nothing short of it.

Only people with the blue check mark should be allowed to post then Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
LeKing wrote:

it's depressing

Only people with the blue check mark should be allowed to post then Sarcasm

I know you kid, but here's the list of verified accounts:

https://twitter.com/verified/following

A whole lot of names that evoke "Who?" from me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think Neely meant following actual news people is stupid, it's the dumb fans and the advanced stats bloggers who bring everything down. Even negative nancy james Gordon

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I don't think Neely meant following actual news people is stupid, it's the dumb fans and the advanced stats bloggers who bring everything down. Even negative nancy james Gordon

NEELY: Captain Hyperbole!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum