GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
SensHulk
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hoags
NEELY
sandysensfan
PTFlea
spader
22_4_ever
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Obviously.  Why the heck do you think I had/have my knickers twisted over this?  This is as much about the off ice stability of the franchise as it is about Ryan staying.  I bet they've sold 46 season tickets this summer - and some would say who can blame people for not buying them?  The team that we're trotting out there is pretty good IMO - good enough to squeak into the playoffs if a lot of things go right - and absolutely good enough to evolved into one of the better teams in the East in years to come, but if every time a UFA that matters comes up, we sit here holding our weiners it looks friggin' terrible.  

Even if you have to overpay him and MacArthur, you do what you have to do to show people that yes, we've had some issues in the past with players leaving, but these players are players that we have earmarked as 'core' players and we're not letting them go.

The fact that this has taken so long is really sad.  Really gives the people with the budget Dung some ammunition and doesn't project a sense of stability or long term commitment to the franchise.

That's hilarious. You sound like Sandy. Nobody thought they would be signed soon. Did you listen to Dorion a week or two ago?

Why is MacArthur a core player or a must sign? I feel like this is deja vu and we've already talked about this but I don't get the fascination over him. He isn't a must-keep, neither is Methot. Ryan I would say is for this current team, but again if he feels like playing somewhere else there's nothing they can do.

Maybe he feels like playing in Ottawa but the team are trying to nickel and dime him. Possibly due to the non-existent "budget." What then?

Don't contribute fluff please

How can fluff be considered a contribution?

So I ask again, what if he wants to stay but the team does something to change his mind like lowball him, for instance? I'm pretty sure that reflects poorly on the franchise and does little to encourage other players to want to stay and indeed might encourage some to leave including "Karls" Karlsson.

They wouldn't lowball him, that's the point. But tell me what you think a lowball is.

The rumour was they started with 6.5 x 5

Doesn't matter what I think a lowball is. That's for the player and the agent to decide.

And it they think a lowball is a lowball when it isn't a lowball then good riddance

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

When you but season tickets, do they ask you to pay for two, the or more years? No. So why are you worried about players who are signed for all of next year?

When was the last time we jumped the gun and extended someone before their last contract year even started? Greening would be one, and generally thought of as not the best move, in hindsight. Spezza and Heatley, too - how did that work out?

Wasn't Karlsson signed in the summer after his ELC ran out?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So did BFR sign yet?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:So did BFR sign yet?

My sources say "No."

stay tuned...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:

My sources say "No."

stay tuned...
More to come...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

My sources say "No."

stay tuned...
More to come...

That's what she said.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB
Senators AGM Pierre Dorion has spent ast couple of days in Chicago talking contract extension for Craig Anderson with agent. #sens #nhl

why?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB
Senators AGM Pierre Dorion has spent ast couple of days in Chicago talking contract extension for Craig Anderson with agent. #sens #nhl

why?
god knows, might be the only player willing to talk about an extension at this point

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB

why?
god knows, might be the only player willing to talk about an extension at this point

Lol k hoags

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sunday Swirlings, shabber?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Sunday Swirlings, shabber?

Breaking: Ian Mendes is drinking a cherry coke at the Fanfest.

Did anyone go there?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not much Sens news.

http://thehockeywriters.com/how-long-until-robin-lehner-is-number-one/

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boro extended three years

$1.1M AAV ($1.0M, $1.1M, $1.2M)

Tim Murray loves him, btw

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Amazing deal IMO, he's an NHL D man that is going to be in the exact mold of a Methot but more physical and aggressive.  He needs to play NHL games though and get used to the speed and grind but that will take some time.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like Methot priced himself out of town, or this is leverage for negotiations.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Sounds like Methot priced himself out of town, or this is leverage for negotiations.

or it has nothing to do with Methot, but lets jump to conclusions

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol:

"If this is a 3 year guaranteed deal to a player that isn't NHL calibre. I just don't want to cheer for this team much. Boro is great. But if he is all the Sens aspire to have on this team, we are never going to compete. Plus it just boggles the mind. Boro has absolutely no leverage now. Why sign him?"

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:Sounds like Methot priced himself out of town, or this is leverage for negotiations.

or it has nothing to do with Methot, but lets jump to conclusions

Yes we re-signed a guy with 13 NHL games to his resume who plays a similar game whom we're currently in the process of nickel and diming but it's no it's totally far fatched to even think it has nothing to do with Methot Facepalm 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum