GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+16
Hoags
22_4_ever
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
rooneypoo
shabbs
LeCaptain
wprager
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:so much for cicarelli not wanting to deal Boychuck. then again maybe it wasn't realistic of him to think he could keep him.

Dino or Peter?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:so much for cicarelli not wanting to deal Boychuck. then again maybe it wasn't realistic of him to think he could keep him.

I reported that Boston was open to trading Boychuk several days ago.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Boychuk deal was for two 2nd rounders plus a conditional pick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, Franson's bruised knee is all better, he expects to be ready for the season start.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Couple of nice pick ups for the Isles there. Would suck if Ottawa didn't at least bid on Leddy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who care about leddy. He has been disappointing in Chicago. They wouldn't trade a guy just because of cap reasons. They'd find other ways

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Couple of nice pick ups for the Isles there. Would suck if Ottawa didn't at least bid on Leddy.

Warnsy going for tweet of the day:

Steve Warne™ ‏@TSNSteve 47m47 minutes ago

NY Islanders acquire both Nick Leddy and Johnny Boychuk today. So much for Buffalo picking 1-2 next summer.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Dino or Peter?
ya ya ya... chiarelli

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Couple of nice pick ups for the Isles there. Would suck if Ottawa didn't at least bid on Leddy.

Warnsy going for tweet of the day:

Steve Warne™ ‏@TSNSteve 47m47 minutes ago

NY Islanders acquire both Nick Leddy and Johnny Boychuk today. So much for Buffalo picking 1-2 next summer.

they might as well try to make themselves better. without a 1st rounder you have to think they don't want to find themselves in a lottery pick situation.

for their sake i hope they can re-up Boychuck. they've got the cap room.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Boychuk deal was for two 2nd rounders plus a conditional pick.

Hmm. That's a steep price. We have 2 2015 2nd rounders, but I'm not sure I'd want to give them up for Boychuk. Be easier to swallow if he had an extension of some kind already in place.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully BM sees that our left-side D is shaping up to a problem. With younger players, I get that you have to wait it out and go through some growing pains, but I don't know how much more time and opportunities Cowen needs. He needs to step up and take it this fall.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Eichel had 5 primary assists in his game yesterday:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Hmm. That's a steep price. We have 2 2015 2nd rounders, but I'm not sure I'd want to give them up for Boychuk. Be easier to swallow if he had an extension of some kind already in place.

Much too steep for a guy like that.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

MTL just traded Budaj to WIN for Tangradi (AHLer).

Clearing Budaj out to make space for Tokarski makes all kind of sense of me, but I have no idea why anyone would want Budaj on their roster. Hutchinson certainly has more upside.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He was asked if he would consider going back to the Bruins as a UFA and he said "I wouldn't close that door." And Garth gave up 2 2nds for that? (I believe they don't get the conditional pick if he's traded within the Conference?)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He was asked if he would consider going back to the Bruins as a UFA and he said "I wouldn't close that door."  And Garth gave up 2 2nds for that?  (I believe they don't get the conditional pick if he's traded within the Conference?)

That's a steep price for sure. I get the idea behind the trade, but for a relatively one dimensional guy with no contract? That's too much in my eyes. They can't draft very well though, I guess trying to make the playoffs is more important.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Isles are loaded with prospects. Those trades were clear wins for them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh. Boychuk was expensive. Leddy was cheap though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum