GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
ddt
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

2 good pieces to move for sure that they don't really need. Fact is Ottawa is a team that will finish anywhere from 4th-10th each and every year and by win now they mean it's time to take the next step because of the pieces in place. You need another player to get this team to that next level and don't be surprised if Dan Boyle is signed next year to help with that as well.

Sens are a team that needs a push... Murray is shoving hard.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Turris, Karlsson, Ryan, Cowen, Ceci, Lehner, Smith, Lazar... those are the guys that won't even be considered.

Spezza, MacArthur, Anderson, Methot, Phillips, guys I don't think they want to move.

Everyone else could be had for the right price.  Borowiecki, Claeson, and Pageau are guys I wouldn't be on being moved though.

Zib is untouchable.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:Sens are missing a big, mean, goal scoring power forward.  They don't need a annual 30 goal guy but someone who is a difference maker.  I'll just say Ladd again.

Bigg Buff is who I'm thinking of...just can't see jets parting with Ladd
BM did mention it be a top 6 forward....

Buff is being tried on the wing in windypegg now  Vertigo 

Maurice: Hey, Dustin, I'd like you to try de wings next game, eh?
Byfuglien: Wings ... mmm-hmmm ... sure, I'll try some wings before next game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Lehner starts tomorrow in Minny.

Interesting.

https://twitter.com/ShawnMcKenzieSN/status/422830533320536064

Andy on the block?  Ahhhhh! 

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Turris, Karlsson, Ryan, Cowen, Ceci, Lehner, Smith, Lazar... those are the guys that won't even be considered.

Spezza, MacArthur, Anderson, Methot, Phillips, guys I don't think they want to move.

Everyone else could be had for the right price.  Borowiecki, Claeson, and Pageau are guys I wouldn't be on being moved though.

Zib is untouchable.

Just forgot about him and I agree. My bad.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:

Interesting.

Would you trade Anderson to get Ladd? Tough question. Me? I would.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:

Interesting.

Would you trade Anderson to get Ladd?  Tough question.  Me?  I would.
Absolutely, although they have Pavelec for 3 more years after this year at 3.9M per.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who backs up Lehner though? Do we even have someone servicable for that spot? I'm not saying Lehner isn't capable of taking the number one job and taking the bulk of the starts but, I don't see anyone who could even fill in occasionally behind Lehner.

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Might have to take back Pavalec who is a more than capable backup but he makes a ton for a "backup". Fair comment though.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Might have to take back Pavalec who is a more than capable backup but he makes a ton for a "backup".  Fair comment though.
I'm guessing he would platoon with Lehner, in that situation. I'd actually like to see what Pavelec would do in a situation where he gets to rest once in a while. That guy probably sees more puck than just about any other goalie. He actually might thrive in a platoon situation.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be happy with Moulson, although he's a pending. Bet you could get him for Prince +

Moulson is great, but you have to remember that there are a lot of teams that'll swap a 1st for a consistent 30+ goal scorer. Prince is having an underwhelming season so far.

I guess it would depend on what the + looks like.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like the Melnyk interview with Mendes on 1200 didn't reveal a huge shift by the Sens, that this was "in the cards" the whole time and that Eugene has always been ready to spend to rent, but it had to be the right time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Out would be the best piece for this team imo

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And according to Meatball Sub Lover, this is nothing new, something Euguene has always said.

Funny, I don't recall this kind of talk.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Sounds like the Melnyk interview with Mendes on 1200 didn't reveal a huge shift by the Sens, that this was "in the cards" the whole time and that Eugene has always been ready to spend to rent, but it had to be the right time.

Easy to say that now. I think the timing is interesting to say the least. Looks like The Gene probably has a few more dollars:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/asian-pacific-business/japans-suntory-to-buy-us-drinks-group-beam-for-16-billion/article16295006/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pavelec is one of the main reasons the Jets don't do well IMO. This guy is as inconsistent as they come. Look no further than the streak the Jets went on when Al Montoya channeled his inner Hasek, then look at what happened when he realized he was Al Montoya.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If it got Ladd into a Sens uniform it would matter how Pavalec does in a back up role where he would be more than fine. He's a capable goaltender on an awful team. Too young to be given that job on that team.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If it got Ladd into a Sens uniform it would matter how Pavalec does in a back up role where he would be more than fine.  He's a capable goaltender on an awful team.  Too young to be given that job on that team.

Anderson would be the perfect guy to go there and give that kid a little time. I doubt they get Ladd out of WPG but I think they do a deal for The Buffer. We have D to spare, they probably don't want him back there and we don't NEED him on D. Would be a nice experiment w/Spezza and sending Greening the other way would take a bite out of that contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum