GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
ddt
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wouldn't be surprised if they moved Methot trough it all too but if they are looking to win within 2 years then that changes things in my mind if Methot was ever to be traded.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Winnipeg needs a long term plan and they need to rebuild, don't think anyone would disagree with that.  They need to get younger and they need to get the cancer out of there in Byfuglin and Kane as well.

Ladd is a long shot but I wouldn't want anyone else off that roster.

ya maybe so but is that how they see it? it's not what i'm seeing. i mean yes they should rebuild to some degree. doubt they send ladd out of town. but byf and kane(without improvement) within the next year, probably by the trade deadline for Byf

If they are willing to move Kane and Byfuglien they aren't trying to win now.  Def a move to get pieces in the future.
I think the idea with trading those two is that they aren't buying in with the game plan and team strategy. although i personally doubt they move Kane unless the return is equal.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if they moved Methot trough it all too but if they are looking to win within 2 years then that changes things in my mind if Methot was ever to be traded.

IMO Methot is a guy you keep if you want to go for a cup. is a competitor and a guy that plays with intensity. the only way they move him is if there's something you cannot pass up on. I doubt the budget will play into whether they keep him or not.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If there was a Ladd for Methot deal I wouldn't hesitate.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If there was a Ladd for Methot deal I wouldn't hesitate.
I hope it doesn't get to that but you have to consider that I guess. talk about a return on investement Foligno==> Methot(solid years with karlsson)==> Ladd ==>Cup Sarcasm 

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The team isn't in a playoff position and it's far from guaranteed they'll even make it in and they are going all in?

I'd understand if they were at the top of the East.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:The team isn't in a playoff position and it's far from guaranteed they'll even make it in and they are going all in?

You need to make a move at some point and the Sens core is clearly established. Doesn't matter if they are in a playoff spot or not.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:The team isn't in a playoff position and it's far from guaranteed they'll even make it in and they are going all in?

All in?!?! What?!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 64 Allins12

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Actually relevant now, congrats SSF

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well we might need to add to get there.
besides like neely said, it's pretty clear who's the core by now. if you can add to that good players by trading the others packaged with picks and prospects you have the starting point to becoming a contender.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Actually relevant now, congrats SSF

It's Bryan Murray at the poker table. "All in" is poker-speak. I drew dark glasses on him like those poker fools. See?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Sens are missing a big, mean, goal scoring power forward. They don't need a annual 30 goal guy but someone who is a difference maker. I'll just say Ladd again.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

besides like neely said, it's pretty clear who's the core by now. if you can add to that good players by trading the others packaged with picks and prospects you have the starting point to becoming a contender.

Not only like NEELY said but like Murray said. They basically already have the "keep" and "buh-bye" piles sorted out. BONANZA to follow.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Not only like NEELY said but like Murray said. They basically already have the "keep" and "buh-bye" piles sorted out. BONANZA to follow.

it did sound like he was saying they had a possible deal on the table. wondering if that comes to fruition. judging from passed deals it will be something we haven't talked about with a certain level of risk to it... something we'll win in the end.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Turris, Karlsson, Ryan, Cowen, Ceci, Lehner, Smith, Lazar... those are the guys that won't even be considered.

Spezza, MacArthur, Anderson, Methot, Phillips, guys I don't think they want to move.

Everyone else could be had for the right price. Borowiecki, Claeson, and Pageau are guys I wouldn't be on being moved though.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Sens are missing a big, mean, goal scoring power forward.  They don't need a annual 30 goal guy but someone who is a difference maker.  I'll just say Ladd again.

Bigg Buff is who I'm thinking of...just can't see jets parting with Ladd

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:Sens are missing a big, mean, goal scoring power forward.  They don't need a annual 30 goal guy but someone who is a difference maker.  I'll just say Ladd again.

BM did mention it be a top 6 forward....

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:

BM did mention it be a top 6 forward....

Buff is being tried on the wing in windypegg now  Vertigo 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum