GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
SensHulk
Hobiesens
NEELY
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
Hoags
Flo The Action
PTFlea
sandysensfan
Ev
spader
wprager
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

46Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:18 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Michalek is out I think they should 100% move MacArthur up onto that top line.  Guy can score and he's a LH shot who knows how to play with decent players.  Sens have soooo many RH shots though, even the guys coming up like Stone, Da Costa, and Peterson.

47Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:20 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If Michalek is out I think they should 100% move MacArthur up onto that top line.  Guy can score and he's a LH shot who knows how to play with decent players.  Sens have soooo many RH shots though, even the guys coming up like Stone, Da Costa, and Peterson.
I think MacArthur is going to have an impressive showing whether he plays on line 1 or line 2 .

48Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:23 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MacArthur is just not a top line player. He can't score that much and is more of a grinding type forward.

if Michalek was out which I doubt it, a guy like Conacher would step in.

49Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:25 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Still not the biggest fan of Conacher but maybe he does get a shot on the top line as well being a LH shot.  Not sure he see's the ice well enough to really be effective long term with Spezza and Ryan but he will bang home the trash in front of the net.  Guess we'll see what works but I just hope Michalek doesn't hamper this team the entire year with the "game time decision" trend.

Disagree about MacArthur though, he's been able to score at respectable clips everywhere he has gone and that's without elite talent beside him.

50Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's also trying Zibanejad on the left side too. Don't think Conacher can handle top line personally. I'd much prefer MacArthur or Greening.

51Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:31 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MacArthur is a 20 goal guy, just would rather see him with Turris.

Greening has been awful in pre-season at least but he might work again, although that is LAST resort from my perspective as he is just a frustrating player to watch offensively.

52Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He can be frustrating for sure. Not as frustrating as a year of Michalek being day to day though.

53Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Image10oh yeahhhhhhh!!!! 4 tickets to the game in Montreal next Thursday !
20$ a pop! Sweet!
Twenty Bucks for a glass of POP????!!!!Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 

- Unknown Author

54Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Traveling roster for tomorrow's tilt with the Leafs:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/game_notes_Toronto.pdf

Cowen should draw in. Both two top lines. Lehner. Probably Ceci

55Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Traveling roster for tomorrow's tilt with the Leafs:

Cowen should draw in.  Both two top lines.  Lehner.  Probably Ceci
Munch let's go! let's give em a pre-taste of the season let's show them they'll get :rp: !

56Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, we owe them a nice beating.

57Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

Munch let's go! let's give em a pre-taste of the season let's show them they'll get :rp: !
No Kessel or Clarkson, and Raymond with a contract in hand and no longer needing to impress.

By the way, do pre-season games count for suspensions? Like the automatic 10 for Clarkson. If they don't, then does he have to sit out at all until October?

58Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Heh Bobby Ryan owned that d-bag Simpson(who's been implying that Ryan is out of shape and the Sens are worried about him):

Bobby Ryan ‏@b_ryan9
@SSimpsonHockey @SensInsider haha... I don't worry about the ground noise too much..Ill remember when his show needs guests!

59Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

little message sent from the sens organization.
The Senators have been ranked the top Canadian team in all major professional sports and ninth overall among the 122 teams included in ESPN the Magazine’s 2013 Ultimate Standings, which were released online today.

Every year, ESPN the Magazine compiles the results of fan surveys and financial analysis to determine which teams in the NHL, NFL, NBA and MLB offer the greatest rewards for the emotion, money and time that fans invest in them. In all, 122 teams from the four leagues were ranked in order based on a weighted average of scores in eight different categories ranging from the quantitative to the emotionally subjective. The eight categories include affordability, “bang for the buck”, coaching, fan relations, ownership, players, stadium experience and title track.

“Our fans are always one of the Senators organization’s most important priorities.This year’s ESPN ranking is a testament to the ongoing commitment of our entire organization to continually focus on providing the best possible experience for our great fans,” said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk. “We are thrilled and extremely proud to be recognized as Canada’s top professional sports team and to achieve an overall top-10 ranking in all of professional sports.”

The Senators ranked ninth overall, first among all Canadian sports franchises and third among National Hockey League franchises. Ottawa ranked third in the NHL behind the Pittsburgh Penguins (seventh) and Anaheim Ducks (eighth). The NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies were the top ranked team in the Ultimate Standings. Ottawa’s ranking is an improvement of 33 places, after it placed 42nd in 2012. The Senators ranked 82nd of 122 teams in 2011.

60Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

maple leafs rank 122nd for bang for the buck and affordability...
womp wan wan...PartyTime! 

61Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

No Kessel or Clarkson, and Raymond with a contract in hand and no longer needing to impress.

By the way, do pre-season games count for suspensions?  Like the automatic 10 for Clarkson.  If they don't, then does he have to sit out at all until October?
I don't think pre-season games count.

62Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Heh Bobby Ryan owned that d-bag Simpson(who's been implying that Ryan is out of shape and the Sens are worried about him):

Bobby Ryan ‏@b_ryan9
@SSimpsonHockey @SensInsider haha... I don't worry about the ground noise too much..Ill remember when his show needs guests!
Geez, what the heck is this? Is Ryan out of shape or was this a BS tweet?

63Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to Nic St. Pierre Zibanejad will be lining up on wing on the 2nd line. Could be very interesting.

Michalek - Spezza - Fat-Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Zibanejad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum