GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 22]

301Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:we solved her shopping and budget concerns...

Let's hope the Senators solve their budget concerns as well, old friend.

302Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Correct, tim1_2. Plus there's the matter of So-Cal gf getting acquainted with winter in Ottawa. Odds are stacked against the Senators.

Well my wife is from So-Cal and now she loves it here.  She hated it at first and we almost moved to Toronto or the US several times.

She loves winters and snow as well, obviously the winter can get brutal and the summer (especially this year) can be nasty.  It's humid not the dry heat you get in California.

Her biggest knock is that the city is boring, there isn't much here(shopping or entertainment wise) and everything is so Cussing expensive(compared to the States). At least it's boring to someone who grew up near a big city like Los Angeles although it is getting better and we solved her shopping and budget concerns by shopping mostly in the US.

She didn't really love it until our first kid was born.  This town is great for raising a family and you don't have to worry about getting shot.  Seeing a chalk outline on your street in LA is nothing unusual.

TL:DR - Let's hope he knocks her up.

His GF or your wife?

303Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
His GF or your wife?

His GF smartass Laugh1 

304Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:00 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Change the thread title to BABBY FING RYAN TO OTTAWA!!

305Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still have to daydream of how scary it was that Anaheim wanted two of Silf, Cowen and Zibanejad. If Murray had caved to that, I think the excitement level may have been turned down a notch personally.

306Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan will probably end up enjoying the city of Ottawa.  Whether or not he has enough on-ice success, and likes the team/city enough to resign here long term is another matter.  Then there's the matter of the budget.  But all this will become more clear next summer, when we can actually start negotiating a new contract.

Correct, tim1_2. Plus there's the matter of So-Cal gf getting acquainted with winter in Ottawa. Odds are stacked against the Senators.

I think the Sens wives should form a club and head down south during the winters.  One week during Spring Break for those with kids, and another one or two for those without.  Eugene has connections in Barbados and should be all over this.  

Can't afford it.

You're looking at it wrong. The players can certainly afford it, and The Gene could actually make money on this. I don't know if he owns any vacation properties, but even if he doesn't, he could charge a finder's fee.

307Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan will probably end up enjoying the city of Ottawa.  Whether or not he has enough on-ice success, and likes the team/city enough to resign here long term is another matter.  Then there's the matter of the budget.  But all this will become more clear next summer, when we can actually start negotiating a new contract.

Correct, tim1_2. Plus there's the matter of So-Cal gf getting acquainted with winter in Ottawa. Odds are stacked against the Senators.

I think the Sens wives should form a club and head down south during the winters.  One week during Spring Break for those with kids, and another one or two for those without.  Eugene has connections in Barbados and should be all over this.  

I volunteer to chaperone the ladies on their vacations.

Except for the March Break week, right? Who was it that said Hugo Alfredsson was a brat? We all suspect that's the reason Alfie left.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

308Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:20 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Can't afford it.

You're looking at it wrong.  The players can certainly afford it, and The Gene could actually make money on this.  I don't know if he owns any vacation properties, but even if he doesn't, he could charge a finder's fee.

That would look great. "I'll help you get comfortable this winter, for a small fee."

309Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:45 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Correct, tim1_2. Plus there's the matter of So-Cal gf getting acquainted with winter in Ottawa. Odds are stacked against the Senators.

Well my wife is from So-Cal and now she loves it here.  She hated it at first and we almost moved to Toronto or the US several times.

She loves winters and snow as well, obviously the winter can get brutal and the summer (especially this year) can be nasty.  It's humid not the dry heat you get in California.

Her biggest knock is that the city is boring, there isn't much here(shopping or entertainment wise) and everything is so Cussing expensive(compared to the States). At least it's boring to someone who grew up near a big city like Los Angeles although it is getting better and we solved her shopping and budget concerns by shopping mostly in the US.

She didn't really love it until our first kid was born.  This town is great for raising a family and you don't have to worry about getting shot.  Seeing a chalk outline on your street in LA is nothing unusual.

Question if I may? Why would California have 'dry heat' when it is located right next to the ocean.

310Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:02 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't worry too much about what his girlfriend thinks about Ottawa. He seems like a good person and I think he'll respect the franchise and play in Ottawa for many years to come. Montreal and Toronto are easy drives, so is New York and essentially the American northeast.

311Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Question if I may?  Why would California have 'dry heat' when it is located right next to the ocean.

Prevailing winds are the Westerlies?

312Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:46 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

why are we worried about what his so-cal girl thinks?  not like they can go back to anaheim.  So then the only choice is to go to LA?

Once those new kanata outlets open and the expansion of rideau and bayshore is complete, she won't have shopping as an excuse anymore.  Then it's just weather, and it ain't that much better in philly or chicago or detroit.

313Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:49 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Don't know if this has been posted on here earlier.. but this video is awesome.. especially the 'gold & silver' skits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEC3Nmxgkyw

314Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
Question if I may?  Why would California have 'dry heat' when it is located right next to the ocean.

I don't really know, California is really just a well irrigated desert so it's always dry there I guess. I notice the difference.

She and her family have never experienced the kind of humidity we have here. Her folks flat out refuse to come during the summer (only spring or fall), and they definately don't want to see our winters Smile 

315Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:43 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

B-Ry's media tour, followed by first visit to the CTC. Also special appearance by a sens player.

316Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:15 am

First I've heard of this. Interesting story. Sounds like an extremely loyal guy.

http://espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

317Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:First I've heard of this. Interesting story. Sounds like an extremely loyal guy.

http://espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

Yeah, that story made the rounds right after the trade, I believe. Oozes character, unless, of course, he's just become really really good at covering up. Everything points to him being the genuine article, though. But if he is, like you say, "extremely loyal", and Bobby Clarke is his godfather, then who knows.

On the other hand, Cherry Hill is not just his home, it's also a place he had to escape. So who knows if he wants to go back or to keep staying away. He's been living in California but spending his summers in Wyoming. Doesn't really sound like he misses NJ/Philly.

318Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:34 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 21 Hyhyhy11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum