GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 22]

286Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:49 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Once you've seen that video, take a look at what's written by the canadian Press instead. See the difference in tone?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427925

287Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:51 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:http://instagram.com/p/b4ZRywI-lX/

Can't recall the last time I was this excited about acquiring a player.  Awesome!!

Heatley.

288Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:16 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Can't recall the last time I was this excited about acquiring a player.  Awesome!!

Heatley.

Maybe, but I wasn't pleased to lose Hossa at the time and I recall being more than a little nervous about Heatley's eye.

289Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Heatley.

Maybe, but I wasn't pleased to lose Hossa at the time and I recall being more than a little nervous about Heatley's eye.

I remember at the time thinking that Hossa had put himself above the team -- they did not want to give him $5M (I think that was the $$ at the time), so getting Heatley in a straight up trade was great, but getting him for $1M less was gravy.

290Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:04 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
LeKing wrote:http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1141&id=262943&cmpid=embed-share-video

50 goals

Embed leking! Embed!

!

I can't get rid of this nagging feeling that he won't resign here... if he's not signed by september 2014 we need to address that in a big way.

291Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:10 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:
LeKing wrote:http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1141&id=262943&cmpid=embed-share-video

50 goals

Embed leking! Embed!

!

I can't get rid of this nagging feeling that he won't resign here... if he's not signed by september 2014 we need to address that in a big way.

So-Cal girlfriend = buh bye

292Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why? There are plenty of players who married from outside the Conference. Karlsson and Alfredsson married outside the freaking league/continent. Ryan's g/f may be from SoCal but she's been spending the off-seasons living in Wyoming. Do we really know what her tastes/interests are? Karlsson's wife is into horses (dressage) and we have the stables/course just up the road from Kanata -- funny how that worked out.

293Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby Ryan will probably end up enjoying the city of Ottawa. Whether or not he has enough on-ice success, and likes the team/city enough to resign here long term is another matter. Then there's the matter of the budget. But all this will become more clear next summer, when we can actually start negotiating a new contract.

294Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:26 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan will probably end up enjoying the city of Ottawa.  Whether or not he has enough on-ice success, and likes the team/city enough to resign here long term is another matter.  Then there's the matter of the budget.  But all this will become more clear next summer, when we can actually start negotiating a new contract.

Correct, tim1_2. Plus there's the matter of So-Cal gf getting acquainted with winter in Ottawa. Odds are stacked against the Senators.

295Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:27 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan will probably end up enjoying the city of Ottawa.  Whether or not he has enough on-ice success, and likes the team/city enough to resign here long term is another matter.  Then there's the matter of the budget.  But all this will become more clear next summer, when we can actually start negotiating a new contract.

Correct, tim1_2. Plus there's the matter of So-Cal gf getting acquainted with winter in Ottawa. Odds are stacked against the Senators.

Maybe one of the reasons that he seems so happy to be here is that he's secretly hoping that she'll get scared of the winter and run away.

296Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:31 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Maybe one of the reasons that he seems so happy to be here is that he's secretly hoping that she'll get scared of the winter and run away.

It's always easier when they leave willingly and you can move on to the next piece of ACE!!!

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Awwyee10

297Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think the Sens wives should form a club and head down south during the winters. One week during Spring Break for those with kids, and another one or two for those without. Eugene has connections in Barbados and should be all over this.

298Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:07 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think the Sens wives should form a club and head down south during the winters.  One week during Spring Break for those with kids, and another one or two for those without.  Eugene has connections in Barbados and should be all over this.  

Can't afford it.

299Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:07 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think the Sens wives should form a club and head down south during the winters. One week during Spring Break for those with kids, and another one or two for those without. Eugene has connections in Barbados and should be all over this.

I volunteer to chaperone the ladies on their vacations.

300Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Correct, tim1_2. Plus there's the matter of So-Cal gf getting acquainted with winter in Ottawa. Odds are stacked against the Senators.

Well my wife is from So-Cal and now she loves it here.  She hated it at first and we almost moved to Toronto or the US several times.

She loves winters and snow as well, obviously the winter can get brutal and the summer (especially this year) can be nasty.  It's humid not the dry heat you get in California.

Her biggest knock is that the city is boring, there isn't much here(shopping or entertainment wise) and everything is so Cussing expensive(compared to the States). At least it's boring to someone who grew up near a big city like Los Angeles although it is getting better and we solved her shopping and budget concerns by shopping mostly in the US.

She didn't really love it until our first kid was born.  This town is great for raising a family and you don't have to worry about getting shot.  Seeing a chalk outline on your street in LA is nothing unusual.

TL:DR - Let's hope he knocks her up.

301Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:we solved her shopping and budget concerns...

Let's hope the Senators solve their budget concerns as well, old friend.

302Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Correct, tim1_2. Plus there's the matter of So-Cal gf getting acquainted with winter in Ottawa. Odds are stacked against the Senators.

Well my wife is from So-Cal and now she loves it here.  She hated it at first and we almost moved to Toronto or the US several times.

She loves winters and snow as well, obviously the winter can get brutal and the summer (especially this year) can be nasty.  It's humid not the dry heat you get in California.

Her biggest knock is that the city is boring, there isn't much here(shopping or entertainment wise) and everything is so Cussing expensive(compared to the States). At least it's boring to someone who grew up near a big city like Los Angeles although it is getting better and we solved her shopping and budget concerns by shopping mostly in the US.

She didn't really love it until our first kid was born.  This town is great for raising a family and you don't have to worry about getting shot.  Seeing a chalk outline on your street in LA is nothing unusual.

TL:DR - Let's hope he knocks her up.

His GF or your wife?

303Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 20 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
His GF or your wife?

His GF smartass Laugh1 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum