GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

So long Alfie... What's next?

+15
spader
sandysensfan
NEELY
Flo The Action
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
tim1_2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 23]

16So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:34 am

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:So Tim, are you going to buy the team? Not too many people in Ottawa have that kind of money
Ottawa is a profitable franchise, no matter what how much the Gene cries poor, the team won't be relocated and doesn't need local ownership. The Gene wasn't local.

17So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:35 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
The Gene is done.  Either he sells or we keep living near the floor watching good players leave for "more committed" teams.

He doesn't have to sell. NHL revenue sharing can help the team hit the floor or the midpoint.

That's even worse.

18So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:39 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I can't hate him. I just can't. TOo much history to erase.

19So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Makes zero sense. The Wings are not contenders. Even with the Alfie.

- Unknown Author

20So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:56 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I never thought this would happen ever.
I apologize to everyone I called out for panicking
BertFacepalm 

21So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Alfie must be angry about something and it's probably the fact that we could be put over the top by spending some dough.

22So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So long Alfie. I hope it works out for you but I fear it won't.

- Unknown Author

23So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:The Alfie must be angry about something and it's probably the fact that we could be put over the top by spending some dough.

If that's the case then he should go to Boston.

- Unknown Author

24So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The Alfie must be angry about something and it's probably the fact that we could be put over the top by spending some dough.

If that's the case then he should go to Boston.

Boston made the final, I really doubt they will do it again.

Plus I don't see Alfie working out under Julien's system.

25So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He took the puck during the last game... food for thought.

26So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:

He took the puck during the last game... food for thought.

And The Gene billed him for it!!! How about them apples.

27So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:I can't hate him. I just can't. TOo much history to erase.

I won't hate him, either, and I won't boo him. But I will not cheer for him, either. When Detroit comes to town I hope we beat the hell out of them. I hope they miss (not so much to spite Alfie but just because they are in our Division).

28So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:11 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's a guy absolutely raving on the Team 1200 right now, and he nailed it. The Sens dropped the ball huge one way or the other, and they are in deep Dung now.

29So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:jean Gabriel Pageau has everything to become the next one. It's a new era as Ev said.

True. This is one way to look at it. A 40 year old old man isn't the make or break of a team. It's still bloody unfortunate though.

30So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza will be the captain, they will kiss his Donkey now.

31So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:01 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's tough, but I will never forget the years he gave to this team. Crying

32So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So what's next? Not much. Garrioch's latest: Ottawa not pursuing Iginla and

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m

The Senators are trying to make another move _ either through trade or free agent signing.

So basically one more move. Maybe. Laugh1 Laugh1 Laughing3 

33So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 2 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Need a D-man probably Blum but Murray might want to aim higher after today's Alfiegate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum