GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

So long Alfie... What's next?

+15
spader
sandysensfan
NEELY
Flo The Action
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
tim1_2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 23]

331So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 23 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:42 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/turris-on-alfredsson-i-think-he-should-be-extremely-respected-when-he-comes-back

After all the talk how they probably respected the Pens too much, probably not the best choice of words.  Respect him all you want off the ice, but don't let it stand in the way of getting the 'W' from an in-Division rival.

Because they said they respect the Pens too much the team shouldn't use the word respect anymore? scratch 

First, it just sounds stupid: "I think he should be extremely respected." It almost should be grammatically incorrect. What the hell is extreme respect?

Second, I hope he is talking about the fans and not the players. When Alfie comes back he will be the opposition; the enemy; the one who is trying to take away that 'W'. "Extreme respect" should be the furthest thing from your mind.

Third, it just sounds stupid.

332So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 23 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:44 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Is that a hair bun?

So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 23 BQrAJmsCMAAxB-D

333So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 23 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:What the hell is extreme respect?

Just picture respect with a tribal tattoo and the latest designer shades rock climbing, getting to top, grabbing a hang glider, flying it down to about 50 feet above a river raft, dropping into the raft and heading down the rockiest rapids possible. That there is your extreme respect right there.

334So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 23 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You nailed it!

335So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 23 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's next? Well, his press conference with Ottawa media is scheduled for Thursday. I wonder if anyone asks the tough questions or if they let him off easy.

336So long Alfie... What's next?  - Page 23 Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:35 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:What's next?  Well, his press conference with Ottawa media is scheduled for Thursday.  I wonder if anyone asks the tough questions or if they let him off easy.
Soft balls all the way. The word "community" will come up 62 times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum