GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

So long Alfie... What's next?

+15
spader
sandysensfan
NEELY
Flo The Action
Ev
SensHulk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
tim1_2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 23]

1So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who will "replace" The Alfie. The obvious answer is no one...

I'd like to see young Iggy signed to a one-year deal and see what happens. He would still be a great fit next to Spezza.

If the reason for Alfie's departure is indeed because the team stated they wouldn't be adding beyond re-signing him I say, why bother? Go with what we have and let the chips fall where they may. Signing Iginla would only be worthwhile if they are adding another, younger, Top 6 for now and the future.

Anyone else?

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

2So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nobody is going to replace him. Let's just move on.

3So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't really want Iggy at this point. Might as well get a younger guy signed to a long term contract (i.e. Clarkson).

This. Sucks.

4So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Without Alfie I don't really care to go for broke. Just continue the re-build. Improve each year. The only reason to go for it this year was for Alfie. Well, screw that.

Eugene, go ahead and save your money; there will be a better time to spend it.

5So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:27 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Euge needs to sell the team. The time will come to spend $$$ and I am convinced the Euge will not.

6So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The Euge needs to sell the team.  The time will come to spend $$$ and I am convinced the Euge will not.

I think the team is his only legit income generator right now. He could cash out and make a tidy profit, too, I suppose...

7So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

This is not a good feeling. I don't like it. Diddle this.

8So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Without Alfie I don't really care to go for broke. Just continue the re-build. Improve each year. The only reason to go for it this year was for Alfie. Well, screw that.

Eugene, go ahead and save your money; there will be a better time to spend it.

The Gene is done. Either he sells or we keep living near the floor watching good players leave for "more committed" teams.

9So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:31 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:This is not a good feeling.  I don't like it.  Diddle this.

Drown your sorrows at Jack's Pub (or Berrigans), my good man.

10So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:32 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's a reason the Sens laid people off during the lockout. The Euge has no money. Melnyk's finances are in shambles. He needs to leave, he is holding us back.

11So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

So Tim, are you going to buy the team? Not too many people in Ottawa have that kind of money

12So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

jean Gabriel Pageau has everything to become the next one. It's a new era as Ev said.

13So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:34 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:So Tim, are you going to buy the team? Not too many people in Ottawa have that kind of money
Ottawa is a profitable franchise, no matter what how much the Gene cries poor, the team won't be relocated and doesn't need local ownership. The Gene wasn't local.

14So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:35 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
The Gene is done.  Either he sells or we keep living near the floor watching good players leave for "more committed" teams.

He doesn't have to sell. NHL revenue sharing can help the team hit the floor or the midpoint.

That's even worse.

15So long Alfie... What's next?  Empty Re: So long Alfie... What's next? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:39 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I can't hate him. I just can't. TOo much history to erase.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 23]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum