GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 2013 Draft

+12
SensHulk
PTFlea
sandysensfan
spader
wprager
Hoags
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 17]

241NHL 2013 Draft - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:36 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:I agree Seguin is a top line talent. But as far as getting the cup, he was probably their 6/7th most important forward.
So, to get back to the original point, you can win a cup without a legitimate top line forward if you have 7/8 great top 6 guys.

*And* one of the best D in the league *and* an MVP in goal.

Does it matter? Nashville has that too and we do too.

242NHL 2013 Draft - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have to agree with marakh, I think the organization is molding the team more and more like Boston but with a Detroit style of coaching with maybe more finesse. on paper it sounds like a an amazing combination. we'll be able to outplay in puck possession and grit. so steal the puck and keep it. if everything goes well this team is going to be off the chart in 2-3 years. hopefully we'll be able to keep all our essential pieces.
The only question mark down the road for me is spezza, do injuries becoming too much of a problem or does he stay with the team past this contract. at his age he'll be past getting a raise(most likely be in the situation Lecavalier is in right now which leaves us with a 1a 1b in spezza turris)

I still have to warm up to Lazar personally but i understand what they are trying to do. get a character guy that can score and hold the third line possibly play on the 2nd at times and hopefully bring in 20 goals from those positions. kind of like where Mike fisher should of been instead of being relied on as a 2nd line center.
still i'll be keeping tabs on him this year to see how his development progresses as apparently he's supposed to become the go to guy in edmonton. he's said he's gonna be able to show his offensive side of the game even more. should be interesting.

243NHL 2013 Draft - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this is one of the best put together teams in the league. Remember, when Murray took over, Muckler the Tool had let Chara walk, so that's a massive step backward. He's since positioned this team to take massive steps forward in the next 5 years.

244NHL 2013 Draft - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:56 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Yikes... this person didn't like what Edmonton did yesterday..

http://my.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15049&user_id=160675

245NHL 2013 Draft - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I think this is one of the best put together teams in the league.  Remember, when Murray took over, Muckler the Tool had let Chara walk, so that's a massive step backward.  He's since positioned this team to take massive steps forward in the next 5 years.
honestly there's been a lot of talk around this site about cowen being traded and maybe i thought it was a possibility I have to say that after having seen him fight in the last year i have to say the kid is deadly. he's received a bunch of MMA training and he's developing a mean streak, might not be the type of open ice hitter that Gryba projects to be but more and more I see this kid as being the amazing defensive top 2 d-man with enough offensive upside to be able to rack up 30 points every year. I can understand if this is one of the players Murray does not want to let go. he's the kind of D-man that his game doesn't get fully rech his peak till he gets to around 28 and up.
he's not Chara but he could have the same importance on the sens then Chara did.

246NHL 2013 Draft - Page 17 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:Yikes... this person didn't like what Edmonton did yesterday..

http://my.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15049&user_id=160675
guy writes like he's a 13 year old doing a school research project for his school. won't worry or gauge too much on what he said. seems fascinated by numbers instead of plays. short bus is parking in his driveway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum