GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 2013 Draft

+12
SensHulk
PTFlea
sandysensfan
spader
wprager
Hoags
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

226NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:45 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Still surprised Shinkaruk, consensus top 10 pick, fell into the late 20's.
Dude must really suck defensively.

He sounds like a total prick too.

227NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:48 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, doesn't sound like he is well liked by teams who did their homework.

228NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:The Bruins don't have any top-end talent?  They got Chara as a UFA -- I'd consider him top-end talent.  We can never attract players like that without tremendous overpayment (just from an income tax point of view).

They have Seguin, who was a 2nd overall pick -- that is where we got Spezza and haven't been close since.  Rask is a goalie and you can almost never predict those  (which is why none were taken in the 1st round this year).  But we've got Lehner who (we hope) will be a top-end talent in a couple years.

The Bruins lucked out on a few players (Krejci and Bergeron) and that is another place where we can hope to emulate them.  One of our many, many prospects may end up becoming a 30+ goal scorer.  No guarantees, though, especially of getting *two* such players.

Facepalm Top line talent, not top-end talent. THe argument was about forwards. Do you see any PPG forward on that roster?

Krejci: 26 points in 22 games
Horton/Lucic: 19 points in 22 games (pretty close)

And the Bruins are well known to not score a lot and rely on defensive play, so I don't see why you thought the discussion was about forwards, only.

229NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
LeKing wrote:Still surprised Shinkaruk, consensus top 10 pick, fell into the late 20's.
Dude must really suck defensively.

He sounds like a total prick too.

Yeah, read what Hemlock's son had to say about him.

230NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:08 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:The Bruins don't have any top-end talent?  They got Chara as a UFA -- I'd consider him top-end talent.  We can never attract players like that without tremendous overpayment (just from an income tax point of view).

They have Seguin, who was a 2nd overall pick -- that is where we got Spezza and haven't been close since.  Rask is a goalie and you can almost never predict those  (which is why none were taken in the 1st round this year).  But we've got Lehner who (we hope) will be a top-end talent in a couple years.

The Bruins lucked out on a few players (Krejci and Bergeron) and that is another place where we can hope to emulate them.  One of our many, many prospects may end up becoming a 30+ goal scorer.  No guarantees, though, especially of getting *two* such players.

Facepalm Top line talent, not top-end talent. THe argument was about forwards. Do you see any PPG forward on that roster?

Horton/Lucic: 19 points in 22 games  (pretty close)

And the Bruins are well known to not score a lot and rely on defensive play, so I don't see why you thought the discussion was about forwards, only.  

Krejci and Horton are not a top line talent. Cmon now, would you put them in the same category as Getzlaf, PErry, Kane, Spezza, Kopitar, etc?
They have amazing chemistry with each other that's why they are tough to beat. Savard was a top line talent. He had over PPG for 3 straight years in Boston.

And yes the discussion was about forwards, because that's how you started it:
Will any of them develop into that top-six left winger that we need right now, or that 1LC that we will need in 3-4 years?

231NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:10 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Facepalm 

You over think really simple things. The point is, none of the guys in BOS's top 6-9 produce 80+ point a year, which would make them PPG players. As for "why he thought the discussion was about forwards only," that' probably because Leking said specifically "top LINE talent" because he was making a point about BOS's forwards.

232NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:

Krejci and Horton are not a top line talent. Cmon now, would you put them in the same category as Getzlaf, PErry, Kane, Spezza, Kopitar, etc?
They have amazing chemistry with each other that's why they are tough to beat. Savard was a top line talent. He had over PPG for 3 straight years in Boston.

And yes the discussion was about forwards, because that's how you started it:
Will any of them develop into that top-six left winger that we need right now, or that 1LC that we will need in 3-4 years?

Disagree. Krejci is a top-line player. Horton, if not for his injuries, would be one, too. But he's out of the picture and didn't contribute much. Seguin -- whom you conveniently ignored -- is a 2nd overall pick. Too early to tell how he will develop, but we haven't had a top-2 since Spezza. And that's a fact.

And just because I was wondering if any of our many prospects would develop into forwards doesn't mean the discussion is about forwards only. You win as a team. If you strength is on the back-end then you put less emphasis on the front end, that's all. Right now we are one injury away from battling for a playoff spot. Our top-pairing is great but after that it could certainly be better (Cowen is *not* yet the stud we hope he will become, Gryba was a surprise but he certainly would not be playing the minutes he did this year if not for injuries and complete lack of RHS D-men, Wiercioch needs to add 20 lbs to become more than just a good passer, Phillips is showing his age and "love of beer". If not for Anderson/Lehner/Bishop our D would have been exposed for its mediocrity (beyond the top-pairing, half of which was MIA for most of the season).

233NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:38 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I agree Seguin is a top line talent. But as far as getting the cup, he was probably their 6/7th most important forward.
So, to get back to the original point, you can win a cup without a legitimate top line forward if you have 7/8 great top 6 guys.

234NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:41 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:I agree Seguin is a top line talent. But as far as getting the cup, he was probably their 6/7th most important forward.
So, to get back to the original point, you can win a cup without a legitimate top line forward if you have 7/8 great top 6 guys.

.. with none of them being "PPG" players in the traditional sense, i.e., the Stamkoses, Crosbys, and Malkins of the NHL, who put up PPG+ year after year.

The point is so very simple, and simply true, and I can't understand how it could be so misunderstood.

235NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:47 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
LeKing wrote:I agree Seguin is a top line talent. But as far as getting the cup, he was probably their 6/7th most important forward.

.. with none of them being "PPG" players in the traditional sense, i.e., the Stamkoses, Crosbys, and Malkins of the NHL, who put up PPG+ year after year.

The point is so very simple, and simply true, and I can't understand how it could be so misunderstood.

and I find it amazing they completely shut down the 2 best forwards in the game. 0 pts combined, who would have thought that?

To get back to the draft,
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=261278

Tim Murray is now saying that Lazar was in the list of players they thought was a long shot to fall into their lap. So in their top 11 if what was reported before the draft was true.

236NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:49 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lazar is such a safe, solid pick. He could very well be the Sens Bergeron for a long time. Even if they put him on the wing he can up the physicality of the team along with Noesen and make the corners in other teams zone hell for defense.

Decent draft for the Sens for sure because of the depth they already have, just picked guys that they think have a chance one way or another and hope they surpass what they believe they can be.

237NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Went back to read some of TSN's mock draft write ups and they have Lazar as the 3rd best forward defensively and the top player in the draft in terms of character. They also said they think he'd excel at the wing.

Great pick.

238NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:58 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Went back to read some of TSN's mock draft write ups and they have Lazar as the 3rd best forward defensively and the top player in the draft in terms of character.  They also said they think he'd excel at the wing.

Great pick.

The more I read about him, the more he sounds like a Mike Fisher clone who can player either C or wing. Sounds pretty good to me. Smile

239NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why does my tablet keep going back to the top of the pages on this Site? So annoying!!!

240NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

*And* one of the best D in the league *and* an MVP in goal.

241NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

*And* one of the best D in the league *and* an MVP in goal.

Does it matter? Nashville has that too and we do too.

242NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have to agree with marakh, I think the organization is molding the team more and more like Boston but with a Detroit style of coaching with maybe more finesse. on paper it sounds like a an amazing combination. we'll be able to outplay in puck possession and grit. so steal the puck and keep it. if everything goes well this team is going to be off the chart in 2-3 years. hopefully we'll be able to keep all our essential pieces.
The only question mark down the road for me is spezza, do injuries becoming too much of a problem or does he stay with the team past this contract. at his age he'll be past getting a raise(most likely be in the situation Lecavalier is in right now which leaves us with a 1a 1b in spezza turris)

I still have to warm up to Lazar personally but i understand what they are trying to do. get a character guy that can score and hold the third line possibly play on the 2nd at times and hopefully bring in 20 goals from those positions. kind of like where Mike fisher should of been instead of being relied on as a 2nd line center.
still i'll be keeping tabs on him this year to see how his development progresses as apparently he's supposed to become the go to guy in edmonton. he's said he's gonna be able to show his offensive side of the game even more. should be interesting.

243NHL 2013 Draft - Page 16 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this is one of the best put together teams in the league. Remember, when Murray took over, Muckler the Tool had let Chara walk, so that's a massive step backward. He's since positioned this team to take massive steps forward in the next 5 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum