GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 2013 Draft

+12
SensHulk
PTFlea
sandysensfan
spader
wprager
Hoags
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

16NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:American/Canadian, they both play hard and are basically the same breed now.  Really hoping for Hartman, need that kind of hell to play against player right now.

They will go with a bigger guy with this pick and I can't see Hartman being more than Conacher down the road. Don't think he will be hell to play against in the NHL. He isn't an elite skater for a guy his size.

He's going to be playing at 200lbs, 205, in and around there.  At 5'10 and throwing that kind of weight even if he's an average skater isn't something to laugh about.

to me, these kind of smaller guys who end up hell to play against in the NHL all come out of the later rounds. The firsts usually bust.

17NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pageau wins battles, knows where to be, and proved he can play the game against the other teams best players.  Size doesn't matter sometimes and Pageau seems to be one of those guys.  He's a complete player.

18NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:American/Canadian, they both play hard and are basically the same breed now.  Really hoping for Hartman, need that kind of hell to play against player right now.

They will go with a bigger guy with this pick and I can't see Hartman being more than Conacher down the road. Don't think he will be hell to play against in the NHL. He isn't an elite skater for a guy his size.

He's going to be playing at 200lbs, 205, in and around there.  At 5'10 and throwing that kind of weight even if he's an average skater isn't something to laugh about.

to me, these kind of smaller guys who end up hell to play against in the NHL all come out of the later rounds. The firsts usually bust.

Not sure if they bust but the expectations are always way too high.  You can find some guys with grind in the later rounds for sure but how many can actually play the game?  Either way, my guess is Hartman but I'm never right at the draft so.

19NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Pageau wins battles, knows where to be, and proved he can play the game against the other teams best players.  Size doesn't matter sometimes and Pageau seems to be one of those guys.  He's a complete player.

I'm not saying size matters but he may get worn down playing top minutes against the other's team's best forwards, which he has not proven he can do as he has not done that in the NHL. He still had the lowest ice time on the team in the playoffs IIRC

I see Pageau as a winger in the future, ala Briere.

20NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:33 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He was going toe to toe with Crosby until Spezza got back and even then he was playing some hard mins on the teams best and most consistent line.  Pageau can be Ottawa's Bergeron IMO.  He just understands how to play hockey and what it takes to win.

21NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:45 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:He was going toe to toe with Crosby until Spezza got back and even then he was playing some hard mins on the teams best and most consistent line.  Pageau can be Ottawa's Bergeron IMO.  He just understands how to play hockey and what it takes to win.

If he's Bergeron than that's a Top 6 forward and we can still most certainly use a defensive mammoth like Gauthier down the road, who will only get better offensively in his own right.

22NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Still have Turris, Spezza, Zibanejad, Smith, and even then there is still Grant who they think can be that defensive center you are talking about.  Either way, if they believe Gautier is the BPA do it but I don't think that's going to be the story.

23NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:53 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I honestly think Gauthier is picked before the Sens are up, so it may be irrelevant. I see him going Top 15.

24NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He might, some teams get hard when they see 6'5 guys who can play the game because of the old saying "you can't teach size"... can't really teach hockey sense either.  I don't know enough about the kid to really make a strong statement but I know enough about Hartman to say he's exactly the type of player the Sens lack and could be a very good NHL player.

25NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I honestly think Gauthier is picked before the Sens are up, so it may be irrelevant. I see him going Top 15.

Yeah...a giant two-way centre like that is tough to pass up for teams looking for depth down the middle. Like I said, what happens is anybody's guess. It's not like we're picking 1st...what we do will be directly impacted by who is taken ahead of our pick.

I'm just hoping for lots of trades, but that's usually not the case either.

26NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:25 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I honestly think Gauthier is picked before the Sens are up, so it may be irrelevant. I see him going Top 15.

Yeah...a giant two-way centre like that is tough to pass up for teams looking for depth down the middle.  Like I said, what happens is anybody's guess.  It's not like we're picking 1st...what we do will be directly impacted by who is taken ahead of our pick.

Should be tons of trades. Just none involving Ottawa.

27NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:26 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:the Sens will pick Gauthier, Erne, Rychel, Wennberg, Domi, Horvat, Hartman, Morin, Mantha, or Morrissey 

you heard it here first

NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Out+On+A+Limb

28NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:33 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah...a giant two-way centre like that is tough to pass up for teams looking for depth down the middle.  Like I said, what happens is anybody's guess.  It's not like we're picking 1st...what we do will be directly impacted by who is taken ahead of our pick.

Should be tons of trades. Just none involving Ottawa.

We've made some trades during the past 5 drafts Nod
EDIT: Not last year actually

29NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:49 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Have a look at this.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1452789

Tells you how different teams' lists are compared to general consensus
And Gillis still hhas a job

30NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Niedderider being where he is doesn't surprise me.

31NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:14 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To me you have to draft a player that's got the possibility to be a high scorer even if there's a chance to bust. We need top line players even 3 years down the road as the system's full of roll players and we've got secondary scorers.

32NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if you think Zibanejad for example is a role player then you aren't getting a top line forward at 17

33NHL 2013 Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 2013 Draft Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exciting times!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum