GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
Ev
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

PMAC/Sens closing in on 2-year extension after winning jack adams.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/17/report-sens-maclean-closing-in-on-two-year-extension/

17Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They also have to resign Couture and probably don't have room to resign Boyle going into 14-15... best time to get any kind of asset for him is at the draft or in the summer, especially considering that SJ's prospect pool is leaving a lot to be desired.  He has a limited NTC so he can't exactly pick where he wants to go but most teams that would be willing to take him on don't have the cap space.  Also, Boyle is an easy resign for the Sens if he does indeed land in Ottawa.

18Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i would touch Briere even if bought out. That was the original plan. I also have more info on him if anyone is curious (PM me).

19Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:i would touch Briere even if bought out. That was the original plan. I also have more info on him if anyone is curious (PM me).

They don't call you Evlund for nothing

20Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

@Steve_Lloyd

Sens have called a news conference for 10am tomorrow to announce a "significant business development"

Wonder what that could be.

21Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

New owner - OSEG.

22Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:09 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:New owner - OSEG.

And new name to boot: The Ottawa GoldBlacks

23Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:They also have to resign Couture and probably don't have room to resign Boyle going into 14-15... best time to get any kind of asset for him is at the draft or in the summer, especially considering that SJ's prospect pool is leaving a lot to be desired.  He has a limited NTC so he can't exactly pick where he wants to go but most teams that would be willing to take him on don't have the cap space.  Also, Boyle is an easy resign for the Sens if he does indeed land in Ottawa.

This is the move I think I'd most like to see. ~50 point D-man who can transition the puck with speed out of our zone and/or through the neutral zone. Can man the PP with Karlsson, could conceivably have his own PP unit to man, plays well 5 on 5, is smart enough not to get hit hard very often, team player, leader, from the city.

There's nothing to dislike about Boyle except perhaps for his age - and really, he apparently trains quite hard, so he'd be here for another three, four, maybe 5 years. Go get him!

If Murray could get Briere and Boyle - then we're really talking, but Boyle would be the prized acquisition IMO.

24Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:They also have to resign Couture and probably don't have room to resign Boyle going into 14-15... best time to get any kind of asset for him is at the draft or in the summer, especially considering that SJ's prospect pool is leaving a lot to be desired.  He has a limited NTC so he can't exactly pick where he wants to go but most teams that would be willing to take him on don't have the cap space.  Also, Boyle is an easy resign for the Sens if he does indeed land in Ottawa.

This is the move I think I'd most like to see.  ~50 point D-man who can transition the puck with speed out of our zone and/or through the neutral zone.  Can man the PP with Karlsson, could conceivably have his own PP unit to man, plays well 5 on 5, is smart enough not to get hit hard very often, team player, leader, from the city.
There's nothing to dislike about Boyle except perhaps for his age - and really, he apparently trains quite hard, so he'd be here for another three, four, maybe 5 years.  Go get him!

If Murray could get Briere and Boyle - then we're really talking, but Boyle would be the prized acquisition IMO.

50 points? Really?

He's 36 and his PPG average has been dropping for three straight seasons. Please don't talk about 3-4, maybe 5 years. I plotted his PPG over the last 4 seasons and added a trendline, extrapolating to next season. It's not pretty. Unless he has a huge rebound you are talking about ~30 points. He'd be playing with Cowen; he'd need to be paired with Karlsson to get close to 50.

25Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

This is the move I think I'd most like to see.  ~50 point D-man who can transition the puck with speed out of our zone and/or through the neutral zone.  Can man the PP with Karlsson, could conceivably have his own PP unit to man, plays well 5 on 5, is smart enough not to get hit hard very often, team player, leader, from the city.
There's nothing to dislike about Boyle except perhaps for his age - and really, he apparently trains quite hard, so he'd be here for another three, four, maybe 5 years.  Go get him!

50 points?  Really?

He's 36 and his PPG average has been dropping for three straight seasons.  Please don't talk about 3-4, maybe 5 years.  I plotted his PPG over the last 4 seasons and added a trendline, extrapolating to next season.  It's not pretty.  Unless he has a huge rebound you are talking about ~30 points.  He'd be playing with Cowen; he'd need to be paired with Karlsson to get close to 50.

Sure 50 points. Trending down maybe, but trending down enough to be scared? No way! 57, 58, 50, 48, 20 (shortened season, not a great one by his standards) does not equate to 'not pretty'. Come on man.

26Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:45 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That's consistent if nothing else.  Boyle is still a great player with a ton left in the tank.  He would make Ottawa a better team right away, better than Gonchar would.

27Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't really think it's close between Gonchar and Boyle anymore. Maybe 5 years ago, but not now.

28Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Trend (in PPG) is .763, .658, .592, .434. Adding a linear trendline he's due to hit around .35 next season (29 points over 82 games). His last full season was 48 points over 81 games, and that was 2 years ago. I'd be very wary about any long-term deals.

29Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
The Senators are expected to announce a new name for Scotiabank Place tomorrow with a new partner.

30Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Knowing the Gene it will be MLSE Arena.

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
The Senators are expected to announce a new name for Scotiabank Place tomorrow with a new partner.

Huh...Odd.

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PM me with info EV.

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's something amiss here though. Scotiabank signed a 15 year agreement in 2006. Are they getting the boot?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum