GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
Ev
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:Seriously you got this vibe from Alfredsson that he didn't want to be here anymore.

He must have got tired of all the "budget" and "rebuild" low-rent cop-outs.

Well done, Ottawa Senators. Well done.

Yeah...his last shot at a Cup, and I guess he felt we just couldn't spend the bucks to put us over the top.  I can't believe that we weren't prepared to at least match the $5M offer from Detroit.

That's simply not true. They would offer that easily, $3 million was the salary. Alfredsson just wanted out

497Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I'm just realizing I've never cared this much about an athlete Sad 

498Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My respect for him is pretty much gone if he bolts

499Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev, don't pretend like any of our failings in past years are on The Alfie.

500Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:01 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:Seriously you got this vibe from Alfredsson that he didn't want to be here anymore.

He must have got tired of all the "budget" and "rebuild" low-rent cop-outs.

Well done, Ottawa Senators. Well done.

Dung. This is on Alfredsson.

Going to Detroit makes zero sense to me.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me either. And the offer is $3.5M base and $1.5M in bonus to equal $5M. This isn't even money, this is easily something the sens could do. He made up his mind a while back I think

501Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:I'm just realizing I've never cared this much about an athlete Sad 

Will be interesting to see what the whole story is here.

502Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Ev, don't pretend like any of our failings in past years are on The Alfie.

I'm just rattled right now and I can't respect him if he went to Detroit for a Cup

503Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah suddenly I don't care about a david clarkson or any other free agent, just stay Alfie. I can't believe this is happening. He will never be as revered as he is over here and that includes in Sweden. Why is he bolting???

504Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle clarkson. We need a real top liner now.

505Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Like...how the Diddle could he do this? How could you do this to us? What the Diddle? Why are you leaving this great scenario here? Why?

506Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't be mad at The Alfie. He owes Ottawa absolutely nothing. The Sens wear this for not being able to convince him to come back.

507Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:05 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If he is leaving it's because of the financial instability of the team owner.

He went through the Bryden years and he doesn't want to do that again.

That's my guess.

508Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't be mad at The Alfie. He owes Ottawa absolutely nothing. The Sens wear this for not being able to convince him to come back.

509Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:05 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Boston - I get it, true contender.
Detroit - Same points in regular season as Ottawa, lost in 2nd round like Ottawa.

If he wants the ring, that's fine. Sign and trade would have been a nice parting gift.

510Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

Yeah suddenly I don't care about a david clarkson or any other free agent, just stay Alfie.  I can't believe this is happening.  He will never be as revered as he is over here and that includes in Sweden.  Why is he bolting???

My guess is he was told we can't give you "$xmillion" AND improve the team.

Detroit is no more a Cup contender than Ottawa so it's just a dumb decision by Alfie too.

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:If he is leaving it's because of the financial instability of the team owner.

He went through the Bryden years and he doesn't want to do that again.

That's my guess.

For one more year? no way.

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:07 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
For one more year? no way.

He might play for one more year, he'll just sign one year contracts and go from there.

SeawaySensFan wrote:[

Detroit is no more a Cup contender than Ottawa so it's just a dumb decision by Alfie too.

Yeah.

He probably got bad flashbacks to the Bryden years. There's some talk that the NHL has been covering some of the team's expenses.

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think you're right. This is on the Sens and The Euge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum