GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+19
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
TheAvatar
DirtyDave
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
Ev
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:If he is leaving it's because of the financial instability of the team owner.

He went through the Bryden years and he doesn't want to do that again.

That's my guess.

For one more year? no way.

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:07 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

He might play for one more year, he'll just sign one year contracts and go from there.

SeawaySensFan wrote:[

My guess is he was told we can't give you "$xmillion" AND improve the team.

Detroit is no more a Cup contender than Ottawa so it's just a dumb decision by Alfie too.

Yeah.

He probably got bad flashbacks to the Bryden years. There's some talk that the NHL has been covering some of the team's expenses.

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:09 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
My guess is he was told we can't give you "$xmillion" AND improve the team.

I think you're right. This is on the Sens and The Euge.

514Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:My respect for him is pretty much gone if he bolts

Nah, put it in perspective. He's a great player, a very good person, but not a saint. He held out for a better contract once, he shot a puck at an opponent, he went ballistic on the bench, he said "probably not" when asked a rhetorical question. Lots of other examples, I'm sure. I'm not going to lose respect for him over this. I won't be buying an Alfie jersey, either, but I hadn't in the past.

515Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Murray says days before Alfie went to Sweden they talked about "the ability to add to our team going forward, are we going to be better?"

Seems like we're still a feeder team to the rest of the NHL after all these years.

516Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who will our Captain be now? Spezza? Philly?

517Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

This has nothing to do with the ownership at this point. I know Alfie wants to win and all but the fact he grabbed that puck at end of game 4, the fact he's getting reasonable money that I'm sure he woudl have gotten from Ottawa....it just stinks. He knew he wasn't coming back. I'm convinced of this now.

518Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mendes has a good point...Alfie could've been traded at the deadline if things didn't look good this year.

519Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:If he is leaving it's because of the financial instability of the team owner.

He went through the Bryden years and he doesn't want to do that again.

That's my guess.

Absolutely not. He's got enough money. This isn't about money -- he played for $1M last year. Could have easily "retired" and then unretired.

520Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this

Detroit ain't a muthafucking contender!!! Diddle sakes!! What the Diddle!!! This ain't about the money, unless he was pissed about the team not doing anything about him playing for a million last year.

Worst day as a sens fan!!!! Again, Diddle this!!!!!!

521Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this Diddle this

Detroit ain't a muthafucking contender!!! Diddle sakes!! What the Diddle!!! This ain't about the money, unless he was pissed about the team not doing anything about him playing for a million last year.

Worst day as a sens fan!!!! Again, Diddle this!!!!!!

We'll beat the crap out of Detroit in the regular season, knock them out of the post-season and trade for Alfie at the deadline.

522Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well, I just was told to stop crying at work... so I puked instead.

This probably had a lot to do with the team building around Spezza going forward. He's the captain now, he's the franchise center, and Clarkson will be coming in to flank him on the wing. Clarkson better be worth the legacy of Alfie because that's the trade off at this point.

523Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Alfredsson told the Senators the decision was not based on money. He wants the chance to win a Stanley Cup before his career is over. #Sens

524Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Who will our Captain be now?  Spezza?  Philly?

Gotta be Spezza. Time for him to lead, once and for all.

525Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:18 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Well, I just was told to stop crying at work... so I puked instead.

This probably had a lot to do with the team building around Spezza going forward. He's the captain now, he's the franchise center, and Clarkson will be coming in to flank him on the wing. Clarkson better be worth the legacy of Alfie because that's the trade off at this point.

This probably has a lot to do with Alfie being told if he was resigned, there wouldn't be much left for other free agents. We're cheap, there's nothing else to it at this point. The Euge has to go.

526Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:20 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:Well, I just was told to stop crying at work... so I puked instead.

This probably had a lot to do with the team building around Spezza going forward.  He's the captain now, he's the franchise center, and Clarkson will be coming in to flank him on the wing.  Clarkson better be worth the legacy of Alfie because that's the trade off at this point.  

This probably has a lot to do with Alfie being told if he was resigned, there wouldn't be much left for other free agents.  We're cheap, there's nothing else to it at this point.  The Euge has to go.

We'll find out around 12.01pm today/

527Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:22 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wow, Alfie doesn't believe in his team is basically what I took from that statement about the Stanley Cup. Hope the Sens make sure Detroit doesn't come close to making the playoffs. His legacy is Ottawa is now ruined, he's not a lifetime Sen and he is now just part of a long list of guys that left for greener pastures. I'll never boo the guy, never forget some of the memories but I'll be damned if I cheer for him in anything but a Sens uni.

528Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Garrioch:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch

The Senators had told Alfredsson to fill in "the blank cheque." He opted to move on. Called Bryan Murray last night. #Sens #ottnews

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum