GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Mon. Apr. 22nd, 2013

+13
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
spader
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
SensHulk
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Smith has struggled this year for sure, he wasn't ready to play from game 1 and maybe signing that long term deal has been the reason. He's been about as bad as possible and not sure why JOB isn't getting any ice time when Smith is struggling like he has. JOB must have done something on or off the ice to really piss the coach(s).

Anderson wasn't good again, they need him to be way better.

That was a big loss, one because of the obvious place in the standings, two, because getting past the 8th spot if and when they make it will be extremely difficult. The chances of them beating Pitts in a 7 game series is minimal to say the least.

Finishing in 8th with the way this team has played down the stretch... may as well miss out.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens can finish as high at 5th still... not likely, but it's still a possibility... anything can happen. Would prefer to get out of 8th and avoid Pitts.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Finishing in 8th with the way this team has played down the stretch... may as well miss out.

That sums it up pretty well. We haven't been very good in the past month. If we squeak into the playoffs in 8th spot without a turnaround in our play, that series will be over fast. If we can put together a couple good efforts here and work our way back into 7th place, then anything's possible.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly. There's a real possibility the Sens win 1 of their last 5 and find a way to get in. If that's the case it's just a warm up for the Pens before they get going.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:Exactly. There's a real possibility the Sens win 1 of their last 5 and find a way to get in. If that's the case it's just a warm up for the Pens before they get going.

They only have 3 games left.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, but getting in is so big for our future. They get a taste of playoff hockey, they get a taste of the pressure, they get ready for a prolonged run in the future.

I just want in.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hobiesens wrote:
NEELY wrote:Exactly. There's a real possibility the Sens win 1 of their last 5 and find a way to get in. If that's the case it's just a warm up for the Pens before they get going.

And they have lost 2 in a row.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:

What Neely is saying is that we might end up winning just 1 of our last 5 regular season games. So far we're 0-2.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Send Pageau back for the Calder Cup. No point keeping him over OBrien right now.

Yes the Pageau experiment is over.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

What Neely is saying is that we might end up winning just 1 of our last 5 regular season games. So far we're 0-2.

Got it! TwoThumbsUp!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Ev wrote:Send Pageau back for the Calder Cup. No point keeping him over OBrien right now.

No, no. At least he's showing some drive and creativity, I'm only suggesting sitting Silf to rest him for a game or two, he looks destroyed out there. No drive at all - and that's not in his makeup from what we've all seen and heard.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:

No, no. At least he's showing some drive and creativity, I'm only suggesting sitting Silf to rest him for a game or two, he looks destroyed out there. No drive at all - and that's not in his makeup from what we've all seen and heard.

He was the second star in the Leafs game. Had a heck of a game by all accounts. I was there and, frankly, I don't know if I would have given him a star at all, but that's what he was given.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum