GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Mon. Apr. 22nd, 2013

+13
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
spader
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
SensHulk
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Cussing pissed. That's poor. And I'm bloody sick of Turris and I'm bloody sick of Smith. Diddle.

Come on.. it's more than them... Both are young players playing in positions they are not ready for due to injury to Spezza.. We all loved Turris last season. He is 23 yrs old.. and basically Phoenix screwed with his development. He is fine right now as a 2nd line centre.. but he is not a 1st line centre. He scored 2 goals in their last win.. Where is Alfie? Michalek? Why did they have a lousy first period? What is wrong with the PP? and it's not all on Turris..

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

TABARNAK

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good Lord, I'm all caps rage after that one. Time to smoke a fattie and sleep.

And release the lehner and the Karlsson.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Um ya, you don't play Lehner until they clinch a spot, if ever.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, the way they're playing maybe we can win another Calder Cup Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

honestly is this a surprise? our goalies have kept us in this season all season long. we've had a lot of overachieving all season. it's great and all but this is the team we were suppose to have. Alfi isn't getting any younger, Turris is no 1st line center we have how many rookies on this team?

c'mon....

the way i see it we should really go out and get someone that can possibly play wing on the 1st line next season and another top 4 dman. hopefully we can get one of those thru FA. this team did it all this season on heart alone, they played like it was the end of the season all season and now all the other teams are catching up.

no surprises.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:honestly is this a surprise? our goalies have kept us in this season all season long. we've had a lot of overachieving all season. it's great and all but this is the team we were suppose to have. Alfi isn't getting any younger, Turris is no 1st line center we have how many rookies on this team?

c'mon....

the way i see it we should really go out and get someone that can possibly play wing on the 1st line next season and another top 4 dman. hopefully we can get one of those thru FA. this team did it all this season on heart alone, they played like it was the end of the season all season and now all the other teams are catching up.

no surprises.

You are right.. I think they are running out of gas..

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We're in 8th...

GAME DAY: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Mon. Apr. 22nd, 2013 - Page 12 Df4a2f3cabbc11e2820422000a1f97b5_7

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Um ya, you don't play Lehner until they clinch a spot, if ever.

That's the kind of thinking that had the B-Sens hanging by a thread before they finally put Lehner in. He's a big game goaltender and the games are getting pretty big.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Need a little help from the Caps and Habs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Send Pageau back for the Calder Cup. No point keeping him over OBrien right now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes

The Sens are still in the driver's seat for a playoff spot - but you get the sense the car is manual and they think it's automatic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Caps are rested, Jets are traveling and will be playing second game in two nights. All signs point to a Jets loss.

Please.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Send Pageau back for the Calder Cup. No point keeping him over OBrien right now.

#FreeJOB.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens still control their destiny. Need a win on Thursday vs the Caps to settle these nervous feelings.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Smith has struggled this year for sure, he wasn't ready to play from game 1 and maybe signing that long term deal has been the reason. He's been about as bad as possible and not sure why JOB isn't getting any ice time when Smith is struggling like he has. JOB must have done something on or off the ice to really piss the coach(s).

Anderson wasn't good again, they need him to be way better.

That was a big loss, one because of the obvious place in the standings, two, because getting past the 8th spot if and when they make it will be extremely difficult. The chances of them beating Pitts in a 7 game series is minimal to say the least.

Finishing in 8th with the way this team has played down the stretch... may as well miss out.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens can finish as high at 5th still... not likely, but it's still a possibility... anything can happen. Would prefer to get out of 8th and avoid Pitts.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Finishing in 8th with the way this team has played down the stretch... may as well miss out.

That sums it up pretty well. We haven't been very good in the past month. If we squeak into the playoffs in 8th spot without a turnaround in our play, that series will be over fast. If we can put together a couple good efforts here and work our way back into 7th place, then anything's possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum