GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 IIHF World Junior Championships

+8
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

61 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:47 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yakupov: "I understand that I will have to keep a cool head & ignore provocations. Especially against the Canadians. These guys play dirty."

https://twitter.com/David_Strehle/status/283961320011874304

I'd knock him into next week if I was part of the Canadian team.

And you would be doing exactly what he wants. He has served notice -- the refs will now be on the lookout for any kind of retaliation, and if the Canadian players fall for that they will be spending time/energy looking to "knock him into next week" instead of just looking to knock the whole team out of the medal round.

That's fine, I would plan on beating them anyway, but if I saw him motoring around, I'd knock him down for sure.

62 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:49 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Yakupov isn't their best player. He was on the bench for the PP in OT when they won.

63 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:54 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wikstrand with 2 assists. He's got to be their PP QB now, right?

64 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cherry responds to Yakupov's comments...

http://www.cp24.com/cherry-tweets-response-to-dirty-canadian-comments-1.1092073

65 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Cherry responds to Yakupov's comments...

http://www.cp24.com/cherry-tweets-response-to-dirty-canadian-comments-1.1092073

I have no problem with Yakupov playing in the CHL. As far as I know, Cherry isn't the commissioner of the league and no-longer owns a team there. If the rules allow it, how can you blame a kid wanting to play there, if he feels it's the best way to make lots of money in the NHL? I don't think think his playing in the CHL is in any way relevant when discussing his comments.

And as far as those are concerned, it's just gamesmanship. If I was playing the Canadians I wouldn't mind taking their mind off the game a bit, and maybe shifting the refs' attention in that direction as well. It's gamesmanship, and Canada plays that way, too, just like Cherry used to.

66 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Much ado about nothing...

67 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Wikstrand with 2 assists. He's got to be their PP QB now, right?

I believe he is, yeah.

68 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No Team Canada game tomorrow, but a game of mild interest is the 9AM matchup between Team USA and Germany. Let's see how we stack up against Team USA by one of the most inaccurate ways possible. And if the 'Merkins beat them worse than we did, we can always rationalize that we softened them up for 'em.

Team Canada next plays Friday morning at 4:30 against Slovakia, who extended the Russians to OT before losing. Another indirect comparisons, but not really one that jazzes me up. The game I'm looking forward to next is USA Russia at 9AM on Friday. I'll be wearing my Team Russia jersey, for sure.

69 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Switzerland beat Latvia 5-2 this morning. USA and Germany set to face-off at 9:00am EST. That game is on TSN.

70 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

I believe he is, yeah.

Known more for his big shot, evidently. Me likey.

71 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

USA up 1-0 19 seconds in...

72 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

USA up 3-0 after 1.

73 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:42 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKid wrote:Hampus Lindholm, Oskar Klefbom, Jonas Brodin

So which one of Klefbom and Brodin are also injured?

Both

I guess I don't understand then where Pettersson fits in, because SteffeG said with Pettersson and Lindholm (who, by the way, has a concussion and is gone for the tournament) out that's 3 of the top 4.

No he said with Lindholm out, that's 3 of Sweden's best 4 defensemen out. Pettersson is not part of the equation.

74 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

USA up 6-0 after 2.

75 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Seth Jones makes it 8-0 in the 3rd with a rifle shot...

76 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who are they playing lol?

77 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I believe he is, yeah.

Known more for his big shot, evidently. Me likey.

Wouldn't it be funny if he made it to the NHL before Rundblad.

78 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 5 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:USA up 3-0 after 1.

Of all the games to use to pad your stats, you likely picked the best one Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum