GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 IIHF World Junior Championships

+8
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

31 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:55 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada beats Sweden 2-1 in a shootout.

32 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:55 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Finland beat USA 5-1 earlier today...

http://www.tsn.ca/WORLD_JRS/scores/boxscore/?id=2115757

How many 5-on-3s did they get this time?
They've be calling a ton of penalties during these games...

33 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Finland beat USA 5-1 earlier today...

http://www.tsn.ca/WORLD_JRS/scores/boxscore/?id=2115757

How many 5-on-3s did they get this time?
They've be calling a ton of penalties during these games...

Geez, it's like even the refs miss the NHL.

34 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jenner's gonna be looking at some discipline for his hit in the SWE game.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412131

Hit Pettersson pretty hard after he passed off. Pettersson's got a shoulder injury and fractured wrist. Gone for the tourney. Looked a tad bit late on replay, hard to tell in real time, and I'm sure the injury will factor in.

35 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is Wikistrand playing right now? I can't hear the game.

36 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:22 pm

shabbs wrote:Jenner's gonna be looking at some discipline for his hit in the SWE game.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412131

Hit Pettersson pretty hard after he passed off. Pettersson's got a shoulder injury and fractured wrist. Gone for the tourney. Looked a tad bit late on replay, hard to tell in real time, and I'm sure the injury will factor in.

He deserves it in my opinion. The hit was late. Bobby Mac was saying it was just about a full second after Pettersson released the puck. In the NHL, the line for a late hit is around half a second. The IIHF cracks down harder than the NHL typically, and the player was injured, so I think we'll see a game or two.

37 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It was very late, but I still thought it was overkill to call it a major. Other than being late, it was not a dirty hit. Shoulder makes a lot more sense than the earlier "broken ribs" report.

Anyhow, penalty minutes aside, an injury that knocks a player out of the tournament is not usually glossed over. The fact that he got a major on the play will give them the excuse to suspend. He's a repeat offender to boot. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's gone.

38 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Is Wikistrand playing right now? I can't hear the game.

Game is way over. Wikstrand had a nice shootout goal. Played a strong game, overall.

39 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:47 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Anyone else think that that ope-ice hit didn't deserve a major? It was interference, for sure, but it wasn't from behind, it wasn't against the boards or close to them, there was no elbow or stick up high. And the guy apparently has broken ribs. When they took him off on a spinal board I figured he had a broken clavicle or something else up high that could lead them to believe there was a chance of a spinal injury.

When you're late, you're late. The guy is not expecting you to hit him so he doesn't brace himself to receive a hit. That's suspension worthy because you take another player out of the tournament with a careless hit.

40 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:Anyone else think that that ope-ice hit didn't deserve a major? It was interference, for sure, but it wasn't from behind, it wasn't against the boards or close to them, there was no elbow or stick up high. And the guy apparently has broken ribs. When they took him off on a spinal board I figured he had a broken clavicle or something else up high that could lead them to believe there was a chance of a spinal injury.

When you're late, you're late. The guy is not expecting you to hit him so he doesn't brace himself to receive a hit. That's suspension worthy because you take another player out of the tournament with a careless hit.

Well, that wasn't exactly the question I asked. We all know that if there is a penalty and a serious injury, that a suspension is more than likely to be handed out. But I thought this was more of an interference play than charging, so I was asking if anyone else thought that deserved a major?

41 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:33 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Rulebook says if illegal hit results in an injury, it's automatic major. UhHuh

42 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:59 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hey may be suspended for the rest of the tourney. Have they finalized rosters? I know there is a point at which you can't add any more and if a player is suspended, you can't back fill.

43 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Bobby Mac:

"IIHF compiling ref report, video, other info to rule on CAN Boone Jenner's hit, expects decision prior to official roster submission Dec 25. "

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/282853328721936385

So they'll have options...

44 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sean Monahan to the rescue?

45 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jenner suspended for 3 games. Interesting. McGuire said this morning that if it's 1-2 then they can live without replacing him, but if it's 3 or more then you have to worry about the back-to-back games against the USA and Russia. He also didn't think it would be more than 2 games.

Well, he was wrong about the suspension. Let's see if he was right about bringing someone up. If they do, I think that means Jenner is gone (they cannot carry extra -- so either he sits 3 and they play short, or they replace him and he goes back home).

46 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

R.I.P. "Quincy" Jack Klugman, star of The Odd Couple and Quincy: M.E. passed away. He was 90.

47 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

R.I.P. Charles Durning, the "King of Character Actors". He was 89. Some of his more memorable roles included the dirty cop in The Sting, and Jessica Lange's father in Tootsie.

Now, enough with the Hollywobits. Let's have some WJC news.

48 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pettersson is out for the tournament and Lindholm didn't finish the game; his injury is being evaluated. SteffeG is tweeting that if he's out, that would mean "three of the best D prospects in the world missing for Sweden". I'm sure he didn't mean it to make it sounds like Sweden had the top three D prospects in the world, but who is the third?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum