GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships 2019

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pre-tournament action behind tonight with Team Canada facing the Swiss.

There are no Sens prospects on Team Canada after Bernard-Docker was cut and Formenton injuring his knee in practice. Formenton may have worn the "C", but it simply was not meant to be.

Even without Formenton Team Canada is a favorite for making it to the Gold Medal game, with Russia the likely other finalist.

While the Senators are a little underrepresented (Norris is expected to make Team USA, but I think that may be it) there's still a strong Ottawa connection as the #1 goalie is Mikey DiPietro who was recently traded to the 67s.

Ok, game is underway. Off to look for a free tv.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Forgot that Sasha Chmelevsky (a US-born Russian playing for the 67s) is on Team USA. Another Ottawa connection.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canada recovers from an early 0-1 deficit to win 5-3 (empty net on that last one). DiPietro allowed 3 goals on only 17 shots. The Swiss netminder faced 41.

It's a tune-up game. Now they know what they have to work on.

Comptois is the only player from last year's gold winning team. He scored 2, including the empty net goal to seal it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Real fun begins in six days.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is there a New Year's Eve game vs the States? And where is the tournament this year? If only there were some sort of online database of information where I could easily find this information.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm a lot less into it without formenton. I'll try to watch Norris a bit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Games are in BC so no getting up at 5am on boxing day. Sleep in, instead.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/junior/2018-19/world-championship/stats/schedule

No Canada - USA on boxing day. In fact there are no great match ups until Finland-Sweden at 10:30pm (Canada plays Denmark, USA plays Slovakia, Russia doesn't play until the next day).

New Year's Eve features Canada-Russia at 8pm.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

New Year's Eve features Canada-Russia at 8pm.

That's dope.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How much longer?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is it Boxing Day, yet?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Is it Boxing Day, yet?

I’m not seeing many good deals this year for Boxing Day. Maybe it’s because I don’t need anything. Not a bad place to be.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was talking about hockey.

But you're right, not needing anything is a good place to be. Hard place to get to with six in the household, some of them with a different understanding of "need".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

12:30 tomorrow they are replaying the gold medal have from last year (Canada-Sweden) to get you warned up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I kinda like it when the tournament is in Europe. Waking up early to find a game and watch it before anyone is up. Having it out West will be hard to take. Late games are on too late (it's a work night for me), nothing to watch until 3pm, and even then, not exactly a top match up (of course that had nothing to do with it being out West).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So I read that there are 4 Leafs prospects on Team Canada (would have been five but one got inured). Almost makes me want to cheer against Canada. Watching on tv will be very annoying, I bet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum