GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 IIHF World Junior Championships

+8
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

46 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:43 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

R.I.P. "Quincy" Jack Klugman, star of The Odd Couple and Quincy: M.E. passed away. He was 90.

47 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:22 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

R.I.P. Charles Durning, the "King of Character Actors". He was 89. Some of his more memorable roles included the dirty cop in The Sting, and Jessica Lange's father in Tootsie.

Now, enough with the Hollywobits. Let's have some WJC news.

48 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:28 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Pettersson is out for the tournament and Lindholm didn't finish the game; his injury is being evaluated. SteffeG is tweeting that if he's out, that would mean "three of the best D prospects in the world missing for Sweden". I'm sure he didn't mean it to make it sounds like Sweden had the top three D prospects in the world, but who is the third?

49 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:32 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hampus Lindholm, Oskar Klefbom, Jonas Brodin

50 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:Hampus Lindholm, Oskar Klefbom, Jonas Brodin

So which one of Klefbom and Brodin are also injured?

51 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:07 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Both

52 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:49 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ok, We got ourselves a 7th round Cussing steal Cool

53 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:Ok, We got ourselves a 7th round Cussing steal Cool

We really did. Why did the other teams let him fall?

54 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bobby Ryan ‏@b_ryan9
That Wikstrand looks good wearing number 9 on the point for Sweden. My PP partner stealing my number!

55 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada beat Germany 9-3 this morning.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412259

56 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yakupov: "I understand that I will have to keep a cool head & ignore provocations. Especially against the Canadians. These guys play dirty."

https://twitter.com/David_Strehle/status/283961320011874304

57 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Yakupov: "I understand that I will have to keep a cool head & ignore provocations. Especially against the Canadians. These guys play dirty."

I'd knock him into next week if I was part of the Canadian team.

58 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:

Both

I guess I don't understand then where Pettersson fits in, because SteffeG said with Pettersson and Lindholm (who, by the way, has a concussion and is gone for the tournament) out that's 3 of the top 4.

59 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Canada beat Germany 9-3 this morning.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412259

Once again, Subban was not impressive in goal. Made a nice toe save late in the game, and that first goal was a beauty of a pass, don't think he had a chance. But overall, he has not been as good as we will need against USA and Russia (just to get to the medal rounds).

60 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yakupov: "I understand that I will have to keep a cool head & ignore provocations. Especially against the Canadians. These guys play dirty."

And you would be doing exactly what he wants. He has served notice -- the refs will now be on the lookout for any kind of retaliation, and if the Canadian players fall for that they will be spending time/energy looking to "knock him into next week" instead of just looking to knock the whole team out of the medal round.

61 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

And you would be doing exactly what he wants. He has served notice -- the refs will now be on the lookout for any kind of retaliation, and if the Canadian players fall for that they will be spending time/energy looking to "knock him into next week" instead of just looking to knock the whole team out of the medal round.

That's fine, I would plan on beating them anyway, but if I saw him motoring around, I'd knock him down for sure.

62 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yakupov isn't their best player. He was on the bench for the PP in OT when they won.

63 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wikstrand with 2 assists. He's got to be their PP QB now, right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum