GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 IIHF World Junior Championships

+8
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

16 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:42 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:Wilkstrand is very good. smooth like cucumber

Ha. What?

17 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

USA beat Sweden 3-2 in OT this afternoon.

18 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Canada loses to Finland 3-2 in their first pre-competition match. Canada showing some frustration near the end taking a few penalties to close out the game. Undisciplined play for Canada throughout the game. Not a great start.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering why the sky was falling and the end of the world was ahead of schedule. Ahhhhh!
IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!

Ahhhhh! Vertigo Ahhhhh! Vertigo Ahhhhh!

:vanc: Burning Car

19 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If one watches the games live, do they go to sleep earlier and wake up early, or do they just stay up until 4:00 AM and fall asleep when the game is over? Decisions...

Or maybe you don't sleep for the entire tournament.

20 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:Wilkstrand is very good. smooth like cucumber

Did you mean "smooth as cucumber salad dressing"?

21 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:If one watches the games live, do they go to sleep earlier and wake up early, or do they just stay up until 4:00 AM and fall asleep when the game is over? Decisions...

Or maybe you don't sleep for the entire tournament.

My alarm goes off 5:40 every weekday (well, every school day, at least). Getting to bed earlier would be a challenge, though. So maybe I just record the game, then start watching half way through, fast forwarding through the breaks, and by the end I'm watching it live.

22 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I doubt I'll be getting up early unless it's a gold-medal game. I'll PVR them and watch them when time permits, while trying to avoid spoilers (which will be tough, no doubt).

23 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:58 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada vs Sweden in pre-competition play on TSN this morning at 9:00am.

24 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:47 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I want that Barkov dude. Damn

25 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:39 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Finland beat USA 5-1 earlier today...

http://www.tsn.ca/WORLD_JRS/scores/boxscore/?id=2115757

26 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:56 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think after this tournament Canada will invite more underagers. Drouin and McKinnon are the best forwards so far

27 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:34 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Wikstrand looks poised and really smart. Liking what I've seen so far.
First swedish player in the shootout too, and scores.

28 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Finland beat USA 5-1 earlier today...

How many 5-on-3s did they get this time?

29 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:Wikstrand looks poised and really smart. Liking what I've seen so far.
First swedish player in the shootout too, and scores.

Pretty strong move on the shootout. Binnigton had a much better game than Subban did, and from what I'd read and heard Subban was not great in camp, either. So, of course, they'll go with Subban in the tournament.

30 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone else think that that ope-ice hit didn't deserve a major? It was interference, for sure, but it wasn't from behind, it wasn't against the boards or close to them, there was no elbow or stick up high. And the guy apparently has broken ribs. When they took him off on a spinal board I figured he had a broken clavicle or something else up high that could lead them to believe there was a chance of a spinal injury.

31 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada beats Sweden 2-1 in a shootout.

32 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

They've be calling a ton of penalties during these games...

33 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

They've be calling a ton of penalties during these games...

Geez, it's like even the refs miss the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum