GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 IIHF World Junior Championships

+8
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

106 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:04 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada will need to play their best game vs the USA and then again vs Russia. No more passengers... GO CANADA GO!!!

107 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:21 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Canada will need to play their best game vs the USA and then again vs Russia. No more passengers... GO CANADA GO!!!

If they beat USA they can coast a bit against Russia. Finishing 2nd means they play the top team in Pool A. Right now Pool A is in shambles. Sweden is decimated by injuries but are in front with 8 points after 3 games (2 reg wins and a SO win). Every one else (that matters) has only played 2 games, but of those ones Switzerland is second with 4 points, followed by the Finns and Czechs with 3 each. Who would you rather face in the semis, team Sweden whom you've already beaten (up) and who are playing without 3 of their top4 D? Or Team Finland or the Czechs? Not saying that it should be a choice, but beat the USA and then you've got breathing room.

108 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:59 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Canada will need to play their best game vs the USA and then again vs Russia. No more passengers... GO CANADA GO!!!

I think it's all on Subban...

109 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:

I think it's all on Subban...
Yeah, he'll need to be lights out.

Saw a comment the other day about when was the last time the goalie that started the tourney finished the tourney. Seems we always switch part way through...

110 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SteffeG had that in his tweet earlier today:

Stefan G:son ‏@steffeG wrote:

Second real game of the tournament tomorrow, should be a good one. When was the last time the starter for Can finished the tourney?

111 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep, that was it.

112 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Yep, that was it.

Like I said before the tournament ever began (after the loss to Finland and then the win over Sweden), they had made up their minds up in the summer that it will be Subban. I hope they are right, but then I care very little about this particular Canadian team. I'm not going to cry if they lose.

113 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, so game starts at 4:30AM. My plan is to record it, get up around 5:30 and I should be close to live by the time the game is over.

114 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Subban comes up huge and Canada win 2-1.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412472

Well done boys. Canada alone on top of Group B with 9 points.

115 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Subban comes up huge and Canada win 2-1.

So what I don't get is the format of the medals round. I thought it was just two teams from each pool, but they're saying that the US now has to beat Slovakia to advance. That means 3 teams, and only the bottom two miss out. I guess the top team gets a bye to the semis and the second/third ones duke it out, cross-over style?

116 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pool A logjam:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie wrote:
CZE beat LAT 4-2 in WJC action. Real logjam in Group A. SWE in first with 8 pts, CZE 2nd with 6, FIN and SUI tied with 5.

SUI plays CZE tomorrow, followed by SWE and FIN. Anything is possible in terms of final three spots for those four teams.

117 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Subban comes up huge and Canada win 2-1.

So what I don't get is the format of the medals round. I thought it was just two teams from each pool, but they're saying that the US now has to beat Slovakia to advance. That means 3 teams, and only the bottom two miss out. I guess the top team gets a bye to the semis and the second/third ones duke it out, cross-over style?
Top 3 go through in each pool. Must be a bye for the pool winner.

118 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:08 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Pool winners get a bye to the semis. The other 4 (2nd and 3rd from each pool) battle for the remaining 2 semi spots.

119 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I watched the Canada-USA game. Except for the last few minutes, pretty boring game. Lots of chances but no intensity. The two teams didn't come close to hating each other. USA-Russia game was much more entertaining. Same score, just a better game.

120 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:49 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Anyone konw of a live feed i can catch from the US for the Can/Russ game?

121 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Anyone konw of a live feed i can catch from the US for the Can/Russ game?

Game is over, but typically you should checkout livetv.ru -- they'll have pretty much any game involving Team Russia or a KHL team.

122 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:37 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Team USA and Team Russia will both be down a man in their QF games. Shayne Gostisbehere, for his slash to the "twigs and berries" (as Bobby Mac tweeted, before someone replied "Didn't know he had two") of a Slovak player, and Valeri Nichushkin, for his hit from behind on Wotherspoon, both received a 1-game suspension.

123 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

USA beat the Czech Republic 7-0 this morning and will face Canada in the semis.

Russia and Switzerland are playing now in the other quarter final game. Currently tied 1-1 in the 1st. Winner plays Sweden in Semis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum