GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 IIHF World Junior Championships

+8
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

91 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:38 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Speaking of recall, was the remake of Total Recall any good? I saw it at FS or BB for a pretty good price.

Puking2

92 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:16 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:Speaking of recall, was the remake of Total Recall any good? I saw it at FS or BB for a pretty good price.

Puking2
Download the torrent and judge for yourself... pretty cheezy and bad. But, the three boobed girl is in there. This time, with better boobs.

93 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:22 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
LeKid wrote:

Puking2
Download the torrent and judge for yourself... pretty cheezy and bad. But, the three boobed girl is in there. This time, with better boobs.

That's too bad. Downloading torrents is no-longer safe, even in Canada.

Anyhow, I've run out of things to watch. Nothing new this week or next. We finished Luther and Life. Watched the third episode of Sherlock last night. Still not getting it.

94 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:20 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sweden up 4-1 on Latvia late in the 3rd.

95 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Russia vs Germany coming up at 9:00am on TSN...

96 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Sweden up 4-1 on Latvia late in the 3rd.

Heh-heh

@enkelp wrote:Elias Lindholm är så bra att hade jag varit tjej hade jag suttit här med styva bröstvårtor konstant.

97 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Russia vs Germany coming up at 9:00am on TSN...

They'll be tired after yesterday's game. Small chance here for the Germans to pull an upset. And by upset I mean losing by 5 or fewer.

98 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

3-0 Russia early in the second, in case anyone cares. I guess Germany is tired, too.

99 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada's Lipon suspended 1 game

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412414

So Jenner is out vs the USA but Camara is back in.

100 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

4-0 now, Yarulin with his third goal. Guy's got a cannon.

101 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Canada can get a regulation win vs the USA tomorrow, they'll take their pool.

102 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:If Canada can get a regulation win vs the USA tomorrow, they'll take their pool.

Really? Russia will have 8 points when this game is over (5-0 now, closing in on half way through the third). If Canada beats the US in regulation they will have 9. Then the two teams meet up on New Year's Eve. If Canada wins, they take the pool. If Russia wins in regulation they win on points. If they win in OT/SO they are tied in points. If head-to-head is the first tie breaker the Russians take it. If it's goal differential, Russia is +7 now, Canada is +9. So, not sure, but there's certainly no guarantee they win the pool.

Now, if USA loses, they'll have 3 or 4 points, and they'll be done. If Canada loses, they'll have 6 or 7, the US will have 5 or 6. That New Year's Eve game would mean something. If Canada wins in regulation then the New Year's Eve game will be for pride only.

I think.

103 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Russia and Canada are both +9 now. Russia wins 7-0 (almost made it 8-0 with a breakaway and then a 3 on 1 in the last minute).

104 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:19 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:If Canada can get a regulation win vs the USA tomorrow, they'll take their pool.

Really? Russia will have 8 points when this game is over (5-0 now, closing in on half way through the third). If Canada beats the US in regulation they will have 9. Then the two teams meet up on New Year's Eve. If Canada wins, they take the pool. If Russia wins in regulation they win on points. If they win in OT/SO they are tied in points. If head-to-head is the first tie breaker the Russians take it. If it's goal differential, Russia is +7 now, Canada is +9. So, not sure, but there's certainly no guarantee they win the pool.

Now, if USA loses, they'll have 3 or 4 points, and they'll be done. If Canada loses, they'll have 6 or 7, the US will have 5 or 6. That New Year's Eve game would mean something. If Canada wins in regulation then the New Year's Eve game will be for pride only.

I think.
I thought Canada's game vs the USA was the last game before they start the elminiation round... I see Canada and Russia meet up before the playoffs. So it will come down to that game likely.

105 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Canada beats the US tomorrow they'll have at least 8 points, the US at most 4, with one game each to go (US plays Slovakia). Russia already has 8 points. So a loss means the US is done.

If Canada loses in regulation then both USA and Canada will have 6 points. I *think* head-to-head is the first tie breaker (according to this). So Canada will have to beat the Russians and the Solvakia would have to push the game past regulation for Canada to advance.

If Canada loses in OT/SO then they'll be 1 point up, and they'd still have to beat Russia to guarantee the medal round.

Bottom line, they have to beat team USA. And it's not going to be easy with 11 forwards (Lipon was suspended for 1 game and will miss the game, along with Jenner). We'll need a monster game from Subban, and RNH will probably be double shifted.

OK, I'll say it now. I'm officially worried.

106 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada will need to play their best game vs the USA and then again vs Russia. No more passengers... GO CANADA GO!!!

107 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Canada will need to play their best game vs the USA and then again vs Russia. No more passengers... GO CANADA GO!!!

If they beat USA they can coast a bit against Russia. Finishing 2nd means they play the top team in Pool A. Right now Pool A is in shambles. Sweden is decimated by injuries but are in front with 8 points after 3 games (2 reg wins and a SO win). Every one else (that matters) has only played 2 games, but of those ones Switzerland is second with 4 points, followed by the Finns and Czechs with 3 each. Who would you rather face in the semis, team Sweden whom you've already beaten (up) and who are playing without 3 of their top4 D? Or Team Finland or the Czechs? Not saying that it should be a choice, but beat the USA and then you've got breathing room.

108 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 IIHF World Junior Championships Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:59 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Canada will need to play their best game vs the USA and then again vs Russia. No more passengers... GO CANADA GO!!!

I think it's all on Subban...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum