GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived!

+12
DirtyDave
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

31Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:32 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

No Sens jersey?!

32Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:32 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haha. If only I could shrink my daughter back to that size.

33Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:36 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtDiddler wrote:No Sens jersey?!

It's a little big right now, but we have a white and pink one. So cute...

34Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well she's pretty adorable. You must be a proud poppa! How is she doing with sleeping/eating/pooping? I forget…at what point are you supposed to stop the whole "feeding every 3 hours" thing?

35Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

3 months or something. She sleeps a fair bit, we can't really complain. She takes after me and Mel.

36Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 580043_10151807353325023_1864984370_n
Awesome! That's some serious focusing there... probably cranking one out... heh heh. Great stuff guys. Life is amazing.

37Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haha, I don't know if she was cranking one out there specifically, I think she was pissed that we put her in the car seat. She's not a fan of that seat and she'll let you know by wailing, then crapping.

38Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:3 months or something. She sleeps a fair bit, we can't really complain. She takes after me and Mel.

Yeah, best not to complain about a child that sleeps relatively easily! It's funny how much kids take after their parents, even at very early ages.

I have a 3 year old daughter...often times, I'll ask her if she wants to go for a walk or bike ride after dinner and she'll say something like "No, daddy, I just want to stay inside and relax." Cracks me up everytime...although usually I end up forcing her (and myself) to get outside for some activity. The absolute best was last night...Mom was out for the evening, and we had just finished dinner. I asked her what she wanted to do.."Daddy, can we watch hockey on TV?" Brought a tear to my eye...literally! Then I had to explain that hockey won't be back for a while...her response: "But I'll miss it." God bless children.

Anyway, your daughter is cute, and I hope the good-sleeping trend continues! Also remember, it's never too early to take them to a game...up until they are two-ish, they can sit on your lap, so you don't need to buy an extra ticket!

39Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:3 months or something. She sleeps a fair bit, we can't really complain. She takes after me and Mel.

Yeah, best not to complain about a child that sleeps relatively easily! It's funny how much kids take after their parents, even at very early ages.

I have a 3 year old daughter...often times, I'll ask her if she wants to go for a walk or bike ride after dinner and she'll say something like "No, daddy, I just want to stay inside and relax." Cracks me up everytime...although usually I end up forcing her (and myself) to get outside for some activity. The absolute best was last night...Mom was out for the evening, and we had just finished dinner. I asked her what she wanted to do.."Daddy, can we watch hockey on TV?" Brought a tear to my eye...literally! Then I had to explain that hockey won't be back for a while...her response: "But I'll miss it." God bless children.

Anyway, your daughter is cute, and I hope the good-sleeping trend continues! Also remember, it's never too early to take them to a game...up until they are two-ish, they can sit on your lap, so you don't need to buy an extra ticket!

That's awesome...man, that's so cute. I want to sit and relax...scary stuff, I think she'll be the same way. I'd be even happier if I was you that she wants to watch hockey, that's perfect!

40Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:48 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, to be honest, sometimes she just uses the ploy of "watching hockey" to get the TV on so she can try and negotiate for some Mickey Mouse or Super Why or whatever…but she will actually watch hockey for long stretches. Although her favourite part is often the anthem. She also doesn't understand that you're not supposed to cheer every time there is a goal scored by either team. Minor details that I will work out.

One of the ways she has developed an interest in hockey is by looking at The Hockey News magazines while she goes to the can. When we started potty training, the only reading material we had in the bathroom was The Hockey News, so we would just give it to her and she'd flip through the pages…and she'd ask all kinds of questions. Even the ads were informative, as they taught her what elbow pads, sticks, goalie masks, etc were. It's also how she learned what the Stanley Cup was…and she also has a strange affinity for Tim Thomas after an issue featuring his big mug on the cover. For some reason she likes his moustache. Whatever. I've probably irreversibly damaged her psyche through all this, but that'll be for the therapist to figure out in 20 years.

Anyway, maybe you can apply this technique to your daughter in hopes of brainwashing her into enjoying hockey! If I can think of any others, I'll let you know. For now, enjoy every second of the routine and (relative) calm that comes along with an infant. I found that having a kid actually simplified my life, as I cut out some of the extraneous Dung so I could focus more time on the homestead. Best thing I ever did.

41Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think she'll have a choice but to like hockey. It'll be a tough life for her if she doesn't. Smile

42Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You can tell from the second pic she's not a fan of blue.

43Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

You can tell from the second pic she's not a fan of blue.

Almost looks like she's trying to stick up her middle finger on her right hand.

44Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope that's not her real last name.

45Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I hope that's not her real last name.

Thinking Hmmm....

46Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:50 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Congrats!

47Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Congrats!

Thanks!

Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 562203_10151796752610023_1099386225_n

48Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 3 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You are holding her up, Lion King style, to HNIC, the most sacred of Canadian traditions. Brings a tear to my eye…well done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum