GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived!

+12
DirtyDave
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

8.7 pounds and pretty darn cute if I do say so. Born at 5:56am yesterday and doing well.

Go SensGirl11 who did great!!!

Future HUGE Sens fan.

Fireworks

2Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 12:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Congrats, buddy!

3Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 12:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Congrats to both of you! Break out the Cubans...

Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! REAL_COHIBA_CUBAN_CIGARS

4Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 1:14 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey man, Congratulations!

Having a kid was the best thing I ever did, and I have no doubt you'll feel similar.

That's a big, healthy baby, and Abigail is a cute name.

Best of luck, and again, CONGRATS!

5Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 1:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Does she have an account on GMhockey yet? Heh heh.

6Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thanks guys!! Exciting and kinda strange all at the same time.

7Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 2:00 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Thanks guys!! Exciting and kinda strange all at the same time.

Must be the first one.

A couple tips from a fellow dad:

1) Move them out of your room and into their crib after a couple weeks, assuming they are sleeping alright between feedings. I think the doctors and baby books recommend like 2 months or something before moving them into their own room, but you will likely find yourself wide awake at the smallest of noises. Get a baby monitor, and get them in their own room, and you will find your sleeps improve immensely.

2) If you don't already have one, get a motorized swing like this: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=4424052
My kid would take the best naps in that thing.

You'll probably find everything easier and more enjoyable than you thought it would be. Enjoy, my friend!

8Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Congratulations !

My little guy is 9 months old but it still feels like he arrived yesterday !

9Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

congratulations to both of you!
hoepfully you get some sleep today because you won't be getting any for the next 3 months.
thanks for making the sens army one bigger.

10Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 2:45 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

First three weeks are the hardest... if you can make it through that, then you're golden... until they start crawling... then walking... then talking... then talking back at you... then asking for money... then... ahhh you get the picture.

11Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 2:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Thanks guys!! Exciting and kinda strange all at the same time.

Must be the first one.

A couple tips from a fellow dad:

1) Move them out of your room and into their crib after a couple weeks, assuming they are sleeping alright between feedings. I think the doctors and baby books recommend like 2 months or something before moving them into their own room, but you will likely find yourself wide awake at the smallest of noises. Get a baby monitor, and get them in their own room, and you will find your sleeps improve immensely.

2) If you don't already have one, get a motorized swing like this: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=4424052
My kid would take the best naps in that thing.

You'll probably find everything easier and more enjoyable than you thought it would be. Enjoy, my friend!

Have the monitor and the swing. Good to know about moving them out after 2 weeks. Thanks.

12Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 3:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats! I'm surprised you didn't name her Alfiegail Sarcasm But don't worry, that's what we'll call her.

13Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 3:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We did that with our daughter. Moved her into her own room after a few weeks once we were comfortable with it. Made for better sleeping for us for sure and helps to get them sleeping on their own.

14Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 4:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ours were all premies. First one spent over a month in the NICU. One of the conditions for release was that they last through the night without any apnea spells (that's where they stop breathing, the alarms go off and the nurse casually walks over and strokes them on the foot or any other part exposed, and 99% of the time that's all it takes). Well, you can imagine we didn't really sleep much the first few nights (no heartbeat monitor to let us know all is well).

Of course at 8.7 lbs I doubt you have any of that to worry about; ours just barely tipped the scales at 5 when we brought him home (more than a month later). Now he is 15, 5'10 and closing in on 190 lbs. And I still worry about him.

15Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 11:12 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Congrats sd and sg11! Rockon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum