GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived!

+12
DirtyDave
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 3:06 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We did that with our daughter. Moved her into her own room after a few weeks once we were comfortable with it. Made for better sleeping for us for sure and helps to get them sleeping on their own.

17Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 4:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ours were all premies. First one spent over a month in the NICU. One of the conditions for release was that they last through the night without any apnea spells (that's where they stop breathing, the alarms go off and the nurse casually walks over and strokes them on the foot or any other part exposed, and 99% of the time that's all it takes). Well, you can imagine we didn't really sleep much the first few nights (no heartbeat monitor to let us know all is well).

Of course at 8.7 lbs I doubt you have any of that to worry about; ours just barely tipped the scales at 5 when we brought him home (more than a month later). Now he is 15, 5'10 and closing in on 190 lbs. And I still worry about him.

18Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 11:12 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Congrats sd and sg11! Rockon

19Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu May 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Congrats!

5:56 on May 15 or 5:56 on May 16?

If May 15 she shares a birthday with Jordan Eberle. She'll be clutch for the women's team one day. Also Turk Broda. And Josh Beckett, so she might have wild outburst and drink beer and eat chicken in a clubhouse one day.

If May 16, she shares a birthday with Jeff Skinner, Cory Perry, JS Giguere and Kyle Wellwood. But even better, Megan Fox.

20Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Fri May 18, 2012 7:25 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just what every dad wants...his little girl to look like Megan Fox. Ahhhhh!

21Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Fri May 18, 2012 3:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Congrats!

5:56 on May 15 or 5:56 on May 16?

If May 15 she shares a birthday with Jordan Eberle. She'll be clutch for the women's team one day. Also Turk Broda. And Josh Beckett, so she might have wild outburst and drink beer and eat chicken in a clubhouse one day.

If May 16, she shares a birthday with Jeff Skinner, Cory Perry, JS Giguere and Kyle Wellwood. But even better, Megan Fox.

That's her, little Megan Fox. Ahhhhh!

Coffee!

22Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Fri May 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure what is recommended now but when our two were new born the advice was to have them in your room for the first 6 months.

Do what you're comfortable with though. Every little noise will wake you up whether it's via the baby monitor, the actual baby (We liked to refer to it as snarfling when the little one would make noises as if it were going to wake up but stay asleep :D ), or the cat.

23Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Fri May 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Just what every dad wants...his little girl to look like Megan Fox. Ahhhhh!

Better to have her looks than her brains.

Congrats Peter & Mel. Cheering

24Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Fri May 18, 2012 5:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not sure what is recommended now but when our two were new born the advice was to have them in your room for the first 6 months.

Do what you're comfortable with though. Every little noise will wake you up whether it's via the baby monitor, the actual baby (We liked to refer to it as snarfling when the little one would make noises as if it were going to wake up but stay asleep :D ), or the cat.

Already really noticing that from just 2 nights. You hear any noise and you're awake. Very strange as both of us are (were) heavy sleepers.

The most twisted thing of all is when you have to wake her up to feed her. When she's awake at 2AM and on it seems like the biggest joke ever.

25Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Be thankful you're not the one with carrying the food.

26Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Tue May 22, 2012 7:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm not sure what is recommended now but when our two were new born the advice was to have them in your room for the first 6 months.

Already really noticing that from just 2 nights. You hear any noise and you're awake. Very strange as both of us are (were) heavy sleepers.

The most twisted thing of all is when you have to wake her up to feed her. When she's awake at 2AM and on it seems like the biggest joke ever.

Yep. Seems counter-intuitive to wake a sleeping baby. The good news is that doesn't go one for too long, and before you know it, your little girl will be sleeping 12 hours each night (or at least that was my experience)!!! Piece of cake!

27Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Tue May 22, 2012 10:40 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

My son is 9 months and still sleeps in our room, he even slept in our bed most of those months, wouldn't sleep in the crib at all and now he does.

Was hell until around 3 months in when he'd sleep through the night (or most of it). But once he is asleep we've never been woken up by him, he's out like a light until morning.

28Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Tue May 22, 2012 11:49 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sleeping in the same bed was a non-starter for me. Once it's time to move into the crib from the bassonette, just let em cry it out a couple times and they figure it out.

29Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 380224_10151807352610023_1054976068_n

30Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 580043_10151807353325023_1864984370_n

31Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:32 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

No Sens jersey?!

32Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:32 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haha. If only I could shrink my daughter back to that size.

33Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! - Page 2 Empty Re: Abigail SpezDispenser has arrived! Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtDiddler wrote:No Sens jersey?!

It's a little big right now, but we have a white and pink one. So cute...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum