GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Boston , 7:00PM, Tuesday, February 28, 2012

+17
Bramlet07
NEELY
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
ddt
dennycrane
SensHulk
Ev
Riprock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Hoags
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhh yeah!

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Most recent example is the last Washington game, they were sloppy for a long time and let them back in somewhat. They would have smoked the Crapitals about 8 - 0 with an effort similar to last night!!! Beer

MacLean has been trying to get them playing with consistency all year. I think they've been gradually improving all year and this playoff drive has definitely mobilized everyone to another level.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

#Lehnergized!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Lehner is amazing.

Agreed. Lehner reminded me a little of Timmy T. And I do mean just a little. There were a couple of times when Lehner seemingly overplayed the puck and got out of position, but it never cost him. You can tell he has confidence, and his focus was pretty superb considering the circumstances.

Another guy Lehner reminds me of is Karlsson. Again, with the confidence. Lehner seemed pretty fearless to just play his game, and not worry about the Big Bad Bs. He looked really big in the net (probably a side-effect of being really big), but you could tell he has already convinced himself that he can compete in the NHL.

And then asked afterwards if he outduelled Timmy T, he said that the Sens outduelled the Bs.

And all of this comes after he let in that first weak goal early on against the Islanders. The fact that he recovered so quickly and completely from that just shows what a battler he is, and that he truly does belong in this league. You could also tell that the rest of the team were not concerned about his ability to keep them competitive.

Just fantastic. Who would've thought that Matrix would go down and the team wouldn't skip a beat (and maybe play even better?).

It's going to be an interesting situation going into the playoffs, provided that Anderson is back before or by then, that's for sure. I can't see any scenario in which Auld is our backup for Game 1 over Lehner at this point. Imagine having not one, but two, goalies you trust? Ahhhhh!

Wait up, in Ottawa? scratch Does...not...compute...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:My comparable to Lehner right now is Michal Neuvirth. Who also won a Calder Cup (actually 2) and the AHL playoff MVP award.

That was one of the best defensive efforts I seen from the team all year. So many blocked/deflected shots, they went all out to help Lehner.

The team had it too good with Anderson and got away from helping the goalies because they didn't need to most nights. If Auld gets the same help as Lehner did last night, he looks a lot better.

This is good news all around because the team was going nowhere in the playoffs with their usual habits.

Auld has struggled. Don't see how you cna deny that.

No, I don't see it either. Laugh1

Ya, I don't see a denial there. The team didn't play a great game with Auld in net. He didn't help his case much, but they could have been a lot tighter in front of him.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

After seeing Lucic's attempted elbow to Karlsson's head I am even more glad we finally beat Boston. Karlsson sold that slash by Lucic afterwards but what are you going to do ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:After seeing Lucic's attempted elbow to Karlsson's head I am even more glad we finally beat Boston. Karlsson sold that slash by Lucic afterwards but what are you going to do ?

1.Elbow to the head (attempted)

2.Slash to Karlsson's legs (embellished, but still)

3.Tussle with Alfie because Alfie had had about enough of that Dung

4.Stops the tussle with Alfie to run Turris.

All in one shift. If there was ever a case for Carkner to draw into the lineup, it would have been to grab Lucic and beat him like a rented mule after that BS.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:After seeing Lucic's attempted elbow to Karlsson's head I am even more glad we finally beat Boston. Karlsson sold that slash by Lucic afterwards but what are you going to do ?

All in one shift. If there was ever a case for Carkner to draw into the lineup, it would have been to grab Lucic and beat him like a rented mule after that BS.

Carks can have his chance at the home finale, by when the sens would have clinched a spot.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Carks can have his chance at the home finale, by when the sens would have clinched a spot.

Ya, no reason why we should let their threats dictate our lineup. BM and PM dealt with that well. Stick to the game plan and come out on top. Done.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Ya, no reason why we should let their threats dictate our lineup. BM and PM dealt with that well. Stick to the game plan and come out on top. Done.

Best way is to make them pay on the PP. The Bruins feed off drawing their opponents into fights and scrums.

We turned it around on them, I think they spent more time trying to get Turris into a fight rather than winning the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

The hit on Turris was perfectly fine. Turris is a bit of a lightweight, but the good thing is he wasn't dug in or leaning forward or even moving. So the impact just knocked him back, he got up and continued like nothing happened (he did the same when Corvo hit him).

I missed the elbow to the head.

There wasn't much of a tussle. Alfie skated toward him but he brushed him aside and went for where the puck was (Turris).

Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. As someone said earlier, Lucic was invisible for most of the game. If Carkner is in and they fight, there is no guarantee it will be a win for #39; Lucic is big and hard as granite. It might even wake him up, which you don't want.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

The hit on Turris was perfectly fine. Turris is a bit of a lightweight, but the good thing is he wasn't dug in or leaning forward or even moving. So the impact just knocked him back, he got up and continued like nothing happened (he did the same when Corvo hit him).

I missed the elbow to the head.

There wasn't much of a tussle. Alfie skated toward him but he brushed him aside and went for where the puck was (Turris).

Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. As someone said earlier, Lucic was invisible for most of the game. If Carkner is in and they fight, there is no guarantee it will be a win for #39; Lucic is big and hard as granite. It might even wake him up, which you don't want.

If Carkner is in the lineup, you absolutely want him fighting Lucic, if for no other reason than it's an excellent tradeoff for Ottawa for 5 mins.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But Lucic was not doing much. If he wins the fight it could spur on the rest of the team, get the crowd going.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Still reminds me of what I believe a young Lundqvist would be like.

I really think Lundqvist was never a hothead. He was the Bjorn Borg and Lehner is a bit of a John McEnroe. But taller and less whiny.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:But Lucic was not doing much. If he wins the fight it could spur on the rest of the team, get the crowd going.

I agree, don't fight the Bruins it will only mobilize them, and the crowd (if you are playing in Boston).

Do what Vancouver does and punish them on the powerplay and they'll stop their crap fairly quick. Obviously we're a more physical team than Vancouver as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:But Lucic was not doing much. If he wins the fight it could spur on the rest of the team, get the crowd going.

I agree, don't fight the Bruins it will only mobilize them, and the crowd (if you are playing in Boston).

Do what Vancouver does and punish them on the powerplay and they'll stop their crap fairly quick. Obviously we're a more physical team than Vancouver as well.

I can see some situations where a fight is nearly necessary. But last night I thought both Lucic and Chara were not at their best. Chara passed-up the opportunity to shoot so many times, passing it off instead. And when he did shoot, they certainly did not look like 110 mph bullets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum