GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Boston , 7:00PM, Tuesday, February 28, 2012

+17
Bramlet07
NEELY
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
ddt
dennycrane
SensHulk
Ev
Riprock
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
Hoags
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think he'll be fine. The kid seems to be better under pressure. He almost needs to have the pressure to perform. Perhaps that's a big part of why they brought in Bishop. Put some pressure on him to step up?

That, or they actually want Bingo to win some games for a change. Sarcasm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Release the Lehner! Ahhhhh!

Big test for him, let's see how he handles the defending champs in their own building.

Definitely a big test. Excited though, he's a battler to say the least, he'll be up to it I think.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Kyle Turris is not a fighter. Neither is Corvo, but he is quite a bit bigger.

Both players have one fight this year:
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/8115/fightcard/reg2012
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5642/fightcard/reg2012

Corvo won over Joey Crabb, while Turris lost a close decision to Briere.

I don't think I'd pay money to see these two go at it. But if they do,Ifully expect Turris to lose unless he fights dirty. And that would be delicious, too.

Given the talk about this, I highly doubt there will be a fight at all.
Au contraire mon frere... the hype has created a situation where they simply MUST fight. No way out of it. Wink

Let's get ready to rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

The NHL hates this kind of stuff. Imagine either guy gets hurt in any way, or that it leads to other fights or hits that end up with someone getting hurt? The media would have a field day, the NHL would end up looking like a bush league, and Shanahan would rain fire down upon everyone, but especially Corvo and Julien.

No, I'd put money down on there being no funny business involving Corvo tonight.

If he really wanted to do something, Corvo needed to shut his mouth and just do it during the game.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think he'll be fine. The kid seems to be better under pressure. He almost needs to have the pressure to perform. Perhaps that's a big part of why they brought in Bishop. Put some pressure on him to step up?

That, or they actually want Bingo to win some games for a change. Sarcasm

In the words of Ashton Ku%howyter (sp?) in that 70s show "Buuurnnn!!!"

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I think he feeds off the pressure and energy of playing in the NHL, Bingo isn't a lot of fun to play in right now. If he's there next year I hope the Murrays improve the team to make it competitive, I don't think we got a lot of player development in Bingo this year.

The pessimist in me really thought he'd fall apart after the early goal in the 1st minute by Tavares, but he held it together and make great saves to keep us in it. The Parenteau goal wasn't his fault as he was hung out to dry by a bad turnover.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The easiest way for all the Turris/Corvo nonsense to be resolved, is if the two fight each other...and early. Then it's all over with, and the game can go on without further incident. If it's left unresolved, and the game gets one-sided later, then I could see some stupid stuff taking place.

Either that, or maybe just nothing happens.

More important is how Lehner performs and if we can be more competitive against the Bs.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:Kyle Turris is not a fighter. Neither is Corvo, but he is quite a bit bigger.

Both players have one fight this year:
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/8115/fightcard/reg2012
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5642/fightcard/reg2012

Corvo won over Joey Crabb, while Turris lost a close decision to Briere.

I don't think I'd pay money to see these two go at it. But if they do,Ifully expect Turris to lose unless he fights dirty. And that would be delicious, too.

Given the talk about this, I highly doubt there will be a fight at all.
Au contraire mon frere... the hype has created a situation where they simply MUST fight. No way out of it. Wink

Let's get ready to rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

The NHL hates this kind of stuff. Imagine either guy gets hurt in any way, or that it leads to other fights or hits that end up with someone getting hurt? The media would have a field day, the NHL would end up looking like a bush league, and Shanahan would rain fire down upon everyone, but especially Corvo and Julien.

No, I'd put money down on there being no funny business involving Corvo tonight.

If he really wanted to do something, Corvo needed to shut his mouth and just do it during the game.

Agreed - usually anytime someone indicates intention for retribution it is met with a warning from the NHL. Now that he has said publicly he wants to settle it, anything that happens could be subject to fine/suspension because it is premeditated.

tim1_2 wrote:The easiest way for all the Turris/Corvo nonsense to be resolved, is if the two fight each other...and early. Then it's all over with, and the game can go on without further incident. If it's left unresolved, and the game gets one-sided later, then I could see some stupid stuff taking place.

Either that, or maybe just nothing happens.

More important is how Lehner performs and if we can be more competitive against the Bs.

If he wanted to settle the "score" with Turris, he should have waited till tonight and done it on the ice, without warning.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Corvo said he made selfish comments and suffered from foot in mouth disease. There will be no fights tonight.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Corvo said he got put in his place by his coach and GM and Captain. There will be no fights tonight.

Fixed

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Best thing Sens can do is win the game. Just light them up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Best thing Sens can do is win the game. Just light them up.

Best thing the Sens can do is injure Timmy T. Something season-ending. Oh, and then maul Rask as well.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Riprock wrote:Best thing Sens can do is win the game. Just light them up.

Best thing the Sens can do is injure Timmy T. Something season-ending. Oh, and then maul Rask as well.

Cheers

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Daugavins out for Konopka tonight. Boo.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Daugavins out for Konopka tonight. Boo.

Facepalm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens likely want more toughness. Maybe it'll be Konopka's turn to go toe to toe with Chara? Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Daugavins out for Konopka tonight. Boo.

Facepalm

Somewhere Don Brennan is smiling

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Sens likely want more toughness. Maybe it'll be Konopka's turn to go toe to toe with Chara? Sarcasm

Or take one or several useless minor penalties?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Smart to bring Konopka in with the Bruins activating Thornton tonight. Daugavins has been good but the team has a surplus of forwards who can legitimately kill penalties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum