GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+21
Oglethorpe
NEELY
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
cash
sandysensfan
spader
Hoags
Da lil Guy
wprager
rooneypoo
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensHulk
tim1_2
PTFlea
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:If people are talking about next years lineup... man does a lot have to play out.

Personally it will probably be something like this.

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

So much can happen though and this will probably look a lot different come Sept.

Here we go again with Penner...guy's not even on our team.

Ottawa is going to go out and get a top 6 forward, gauranteed. Murray has tried to get Penner before, he signed Penner out of college, and fact of the matter is Penner is a legit 20 goal guy. Unless Ottawa can land a bigger name than Penner and a better fit, I will bet anythign he is in a Sens uniform before the season starts next year. Whether that is tomorrow or on July 1, I don't know but I will lay heavy money on it happening.

He loved Penner once, guy declined a lot, doesn't mean he still loves him.

Penner to Ottawa is just a bad move, sorry. Will ruin everything you've been trying to build IMO.

Based on what? A bad season on a team that basically can't score goal? A GM doing everything in the world to save his job?

Penner is a top 6 guy, he scores 20 goals basically every year, and he's a proven winner.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Foligno moved tomorrow for someone like Robidas for example.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:If people are talking about next years lineup... man does a lot have to play out.

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

So much can happen though and this will probably look a lot different come Sept.

Here we go again with Penner...guy's not even on our team.

Ottawa is going to go out and get a top 6 forward, gauranteed. Murray has tried to get Penner before, he signed Penner out of college, and fact of the matter is Penner is a legit 20 goal guy. Unless Ottawa can land a bigger name than Penner and a better fit, I will bet anythign he is in a Sens uniform before the season starts next year. Whether that is tomorrow or on July 1, I don't know but I will lay heavy money on it happening.

He loved Penner once, guy declined a lot, doesn't mean he still loves him.

Penner to Ottawa is just a bad move, sorry. Will ruin everything you've been trying to build IMO.

Based on what? A bad season on a team that basically can't score goal? A GM doing everything in the world to save his job?

Penner is a top 6 guy, he scores 20 goals basically every year, and he's a proven winner.

How the Diddle is he a first line RW?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Because he scores 20 goals a year? Pretty good indication of a guy that can play on a top line of most NHL clubs. If they sign Penner it's to play with Spezza.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Penner is a 2nd liner at best. An average one at that.

I'm done debating this. Just a dumb dumb move to make.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would Dallas even do Foligno for Robidas?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Penner is a 2nd liner at best. An average one at that.

Again, you proved and provided absolutely nothing other than an opinion which is based on, well... absolutely nothing.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Would Dallas even do Foligno for Robidas?

I would hope not from their perspective. Robidas has to be one of, if not, the most underrated player in the NHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Would Dallas even do Foligno for Robidas?

I would hope not from their perspective. Robidas has to be one of, if not, the most underrated player in the NHL.

Foligno + piece? The GM was told to shed salary and get younger apparently - and his name is out there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Again, you proved and provided absolutely nothing other than an opinion which is based on, well... absolutely nothing.

And you fail to see the negatives to Penner and his game, and you rely on the past for your opinion. It's time to stop living in the past and see the Dustin Penner of the present. Have you seen him at all this year? Guy's out of shape, no effort every night.

If he signed here, better be for $2.5 million max.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Price will be high for that guy. Ottawa is already missing this years and next years 2nd rounder so... that seems to be the going rate.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

And you fail to see the negatives to Penner and his game, and you rely on the past for your opinion. It's time to stop living in the past and see the Dustin Penner of the present. Have you seen him at all this year? Guy's out of shape, no effort every night.

Is anyone debating that?

Ignore the past eh? Like we should have ignored Kuba's past or ignored Alfi's past? A bad year is a bad year, EVERYONE has an off year especially on a team you don't fit in with and a team that actually insults you to the media. I'm not saying Penner shouldn't be putting more of an effort in each night but I look at the situation as a whole and LA has turned an anual 20+ goal scorer into a healthy scratch on a lot of nights.

I'm not ignorant enough to dismiss an entire body of work that has been VERY successful up until this season.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

^ But even there, that illustrates how tight we are for roster spots for next year. You've got one UFA signing there (Penner), and one rookie (Silfverberg) making the team -- with no Butler, no Foligno, no Regin, and no Winchester, never mind Zibanejad and Da Costa.

My point is that there will be very, very few spots open new year, and talk of 3+ rookie forwards walking onto this team is a little nutty. I can see Silfverberg, and maybe Zibanejad, taking a spot. That's about it.

Sens always carry 13 forwards and 7 D so it will be interesting. I would say Borowiecki is pretty close to locking up a spot even if it's as the 7th guy.

The big thing next year is getting help down in Bingo. Locke won't be back, Parrish will probably move on, the defense is beyond awful. When is the agreement with Bingo up anyways?

I can agree with all of that, especially the last point. I think that 75-90% of the guys some people are expecting to crack the lineup will start in Bingo, with only one of Silfverberg or Zibanejad making it out of camp. Borowiecki, yea, maybe he steps up, maybe not. A lot there depends on what decisions we make with Lee (who I assume we're keeping) and Carkner (who I assume we're not).

Kuba/Karlsson
Phillips/Gonchar
Cowen/Lee
Borowiecki

What's wrong with that?

Nothing, really. I'm just wondering if we don't got out and sign or trade for one D, probably a right-side guy (ironically). I think that all depends on how we feel about Lee.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Silfverberg-Turris-Zibanejad
Foligno-Smith-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra

Even there, you've got no Butler (signed), no Daugavins (1-way deal coming), no Regin (RFA), no Winchester (RFA), no UFA signings...

I'm not saying I disagree (I think Silf and Zib are the most likely to make it), I'm just saying there's not a lot of space for rookies to grab this year. Which is why I think many of them will start in the AHL and then have to push other guys out of the NHL lineup throughout the year.

On top of that, I do think it's urgent that OTT go out and sign or trade for one top-6 forward this year. Next year will in all likelihood be Alfie's last.

They don't have to sign Daugavins if they don't want to. They need more skill in the lineup.

I'd put money down on Daugavins making the team, just based on how we dealt with Butler, Greening, Condra, and Smith last year.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lee's been great. Guy is a legit NHLer now. No reason to trade or get rid of a 24 year old D man who is a pretty valuable peice now.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would say Butler is a guy that will be shown the door or some add in if a trade comes along.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Is anyone debating that?

Ignore the past eh? Like we should have ignored Kuba's past or ignored Alfi's past? A bad year is a bad year, EVERYONE has an off year especially on a team you don't fit in with and a team that actually insults you to the media. I'm not saying Penner shouldn't be putting more of an effort in each night but I look at the situation as a whole and LA has turned an anual 20+ goal scorer into a healthy scratch on a lot of nights.

I'm not ignorant enough to dismiss an entire body of work that has been VERY successful up until this season.

Sorry Ev, but yeah, you walked into that. Laugh1

To be clear, I'm not a big Penner fan, and I sure hope we land someone more significant than him this off season. That said, "basing one's opinion on the past" is a pretty good way to go. You know, history and all.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Lee's been great. Guy is a legit NHLer now. No reason to trade or get rid of a 24 year old D man who is a pretty valuable peice now.

Maybe, maybe not. I like his game right now, but I do wonder about his overall play a times.

Anyway, all I'm saying is, if BM isn't fully confident in Lee, I can see him signing him for a one year deal, plus bringing in another guy to compete for that 5/6/7 spot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum