GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+21
Oglethorpe
NEELY
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
cash
sandysensfan
spader
Hoags
Da lil Guy
wprager
rooneypoo
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensHulk
tim1_2
PTFlea
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would say Butler is a guy that will be shown the door or some add in if a trade comes along.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Penner is a 2nd liner at best. An average one at that.

I'm done debating this. Just a dumb dumb move to make.

Again, you proved and provided absolutely nothing other than an opinion which is based on, well... absolutely nothing.

And you fail to see the negatives to Penner and his game, and you rely on the past for your opinion. It's time to stop living in the past and see the Dustin Penner of the present. Have you seen him at all this year? Guy's out of shape, no effort every night.

If he signed here, better be for $2.5 million max.

Is anyone debating that?

Ignore the past eh? Like we should have ignored Kuba's past or ignored Alfi's past? A bad year is a bad year, EVERYONE has an off year especially on a team you don't fit in with and a team that actually insults you to the media. I'm not saying Penner shouldn't be putting more of an effort in each night but I look at the situation as a whole and LA has turned an anual 20+ goal scorer into a healthy scratch on a lot of nights.

I'm not ignorant enough to dismiss an entire body of work that has been VERY successful up until this season.

Sorry Ev, but yeah, you walked into that. Laugh1

To be clear, I'm not a big Penner fan, and I sure hope we land someone more significant than him this off season. That said, "basing one's opinion on the past" is a pretty good way to go. You know, history and all.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Lee's been great. Guy is a legit NHLer now. No reason to trade or get rid of a 24 year old D man who is a pretty valuable peice now.

Maybe, maybe not. I like his game right now, but I do wonder about his overall play a times.

Anyway, all I'm saying is, if BM isn't fully confident in Lee, I can see him signing him for a one year deal, plus bringing in another guy to compete for that 5/6/7 spot.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the past was all that mattered, we wouldn't be calling Heatley an awful player.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:If the past was all that mattered, we wouldn't be calling Heatley an awful player.

If the present was all that mattered, Crosby wouldn't even be in the conversation for one best 800 players in the league right now.

Point is, they both matter, and a track record matters, at least as much as present play.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:If the past was all that mattered, we wouldn't be calling Heatley an awful player.

Heatley isn't an "awful player". He has an awful contract and the guy is a total cancer. If there was a more selfish, self center hockey player in the NHL it would only be Ovechkin and that's about it.

Heatley is a player that wants to be the center peice of w/e team he is on... Penner is a guy you would bring in to fill a need, nothing else.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:Lee's been great. Guy is a legit NHLer now. No reason to trade or get rid of a 24 year old D man who is a pretty valuable peice now.

Maybe, maybe not. I like his game right now, but I do wonder about his overall play a times.

Anyway, all I'm saying is, if BM isn't fully confident in Lee, I can see him signing him for a one year deal, plus bringing in another guy to compete for that 5/6/7 spot.

Honestly, just based on depth, giving Lee something like a 2 year, 1.8 mil deal would make a lot of sense. I think he's been fantastic and does what he's asked every single night. He basically plays mistake free hockey for lack of a better term.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Heatley was actually voted one of Top 10 "nicest players in the NHL" by his peers. True story lol.

Anyways, I don't like Penner but we'll see happens. If he becomes a Sen I will have to defend and like him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Heatley was actually voted one of Top 10 "nicest players in the NHL" by his peers. True story lol.

Anyways, I don't like Penner but we'll see happens. If he becomes a Sen I will have to defend and like him.

I'm not such a huge Penner fan that I believe he is the missing peice in Ottawa. I just think and believe he is the right peice to put on a line with Spezza and Michalek.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ryder is another guy that would fit in perfectly but I would still choose Penner over him.

You need someone to be on that top line so there is some competition as well... right now there is none.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wouldn't be surprised if Mark Cussing Stone makes the team out of camp next to Spezza. Or Petersson. Lots of options.

I honestly think Semin is an option as well.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if Mark Cussing Stone makes the team out of camp next to Spezza. Or Petersson. Lots of options.

There's room for 1, maybe two, rookies (forward) to make the roster next year, and a list of about 5 guys who will be competing for it / them.

I wouldn't touch Semin with a 10 foot pole, but I agree, he's the sort of player (i.e., a top 6 winger) that we need to be acquiring this year, desperately.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if Mark Cussing Stone makes the team out of camp next to Spezza. Or Petersson. Lots of options.

There's room for 1, maybe two, rookies (forward) to make the roster next year, and a list of about 5 guys who will be competing for it / them.

I wouldn't touch Semin with a 10 foot pole, but I agree, he's the sort of player (i.e., a top 6 winger) that we need to be acquiring this year, desperately.

Not a Semin fan but if you get him out of Washington he may become that same player he was a couple of years ago. Still has one of the best skillets around, and his shot is up there among the best in the league. Maybe getting him away from Ovechkin will do him wonders. Plus he has managed to stay healthy this year.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Not a Semin fan but if you get him out of Washington he may become that same player he was a couple of years ago. Still has one of the best skillets around, and his shot is up there among the best in the league. Maybe getting him away from Ovechkin will do him wonders. Plus he has managed to stay healthy this year.

I'm not willing to take the chance on him, for one. Don't like him, don't like his attitude, don't want him around the kids.

I think the only way I would be so-so on it is if he were signed on a 1 year deal. Even there, I'm not stoked about it.

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

no GDT for today?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

KidKarlsson wrote:no GDT for today?
Ripped off a quickie... let's do this...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any trades?

Shawn Simpson says Grabovski to WSH for a 1st is being considered.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray Wilson wants to get in on the act: Carkner to VAN

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum