GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+21
Oglethorpe
NEELY
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
cash
sandysensfan
spader
Hoags
Da lil Guy
wprager
rooneypoo
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensHulk
tim1_2
PTFlea
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I seriously think that means nothing at all. Guys wanna win the Cup, they don't care about that kind of stuff.

I don't think it matters too much either to be honest, but when he gets the choice between 8 American teams...and us, who is he more likely to pick?

How many teams have a possibility of offering him a D partner who is leading the league in points for the next 10+ years?[/quote]

Yeah, true enough. That'll be a hell of a bargaining chip for us.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So, if Ottawa stays a playoff team up to the deadline, who can we realistically add via trade? I think we can all agree that we don't want to add a rental if the price is high (i.e. first rounder or Z-Bad/Silf). So, where does that leave us? With Ruutu possibly off the table (injured), and our need remaining a scoring winger, what's available? Is it worth adding a middle of the road potential scoring threat? It's not like we can argue that that will "put us over the top".

I think the perfect forward to add would've been Huselius from Columbus, but he's out indefinitely with a groin injury.

An interesting candidate might be Brad Boyes, whose having a terrible year in Buffalo, and would presumably cost next-to-nothing to get. He's UFA this off-season, and might have something to prove if he wants another decent NHL contract.

Dark horse: Ryan Shannon from Tampa Bay. We know what he brings, and the little waterbug doesn't quit. He doesn't fit in the "scoring winger" category, but he is the perfect depth player.

Should we take a shot at a 6th/7th d-man? Probably, given that Carkner is a bit of a question mark at this point, and depth on D could become critical if one (or more) of our guys go down with injury.

Lots of lower-run D-men should be available…maybe Mark Eaton or Jurcina from the Isles?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

#CBJ Rick Nash, Jeff Carter and Fedor Tyutin absent from practice this morning. Checking.

Portzline

Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:So, if Ottawa stays a playoff team up to the deadline, who can we realistically add via trade? I think we can all agree that we don't want to add a rental if the price is high (i.e. first rounder or Z-Bad/Silf). So, where does that leave us? With Ruutu possibly off the table (injured), and our need remaining a scoring winger, what's available? Is it worth adding a middle of the road potential scoring threat? It's not like we can argue that that will "put us over the top".

I think the perfect forward to add would've been Huselius from Columbus, but he's out indefinitely with a groin injury.

An interesting candidate might be Brad Boyes, whose having a terrible year in Buffalo, and would presumably cost next-to-nothing to get. He's UFA this off-season, and might have something to prove if he wants another decent NHL contract.

Dark horse: Ryan Shannon from Tampa Bay. We know what he brings, and the little waterbug doesn't quit. He doesn't fit in the "scoring winger" category, but he is the perfect depth player.

Should we take a shot at a 6th/7th d-man? Probably, given that Carkner is a bit of a question mark at this point, and depth on D could become critical if one (or more) of our guys go down with injury.

Lots of lower-run D-men should be available…maybe Mark Eaton or Jurcina from the Isles?

Dustin Penner!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:So, if Ottawa stays a playoff team up to the deadline, who can we realistically add via trade? I think we can all agree that we don't want to add a rental if the price is high (i.e. first rounder or Z-Bad/Silf). So, where does that leave us? With Ruutu possibly off the table (injured), and our need remaining a scoring winger, what's available? Is it worth adding a middle of the road potential scoring threat? It's not like we can argue that that will "put us over the top".

Hal Gill. The guy can also play the right side according to TSN so that should satisfy most skeptics around here. We need a D-man and we a role player who we don't have to sell the farm to get. No need to get a superstar, need a rental who will become a UFA at the end of the season so no term. Hal Gill fits like a glove based on this criteria.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stefan G:son @steffeG Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
LaRose, Bickel, Kubina all went off the ice within minutes. Nash, Carter, Tyutin absent. Lebda is healthy. Just a question of puzzling, now.

2m SensChirp @SensChirp Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Wow. According to @andystrickland Ryan Miller would be willing to waive his NTC to go to Chicago. Deadline is starting to heat up!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Intriguing about Miller. That would also be a good fit.

Man what a mess Buffalo has become

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kubina not on the ice and Yzerman prepared to speak to media. Kubina to Ottawa for a pick? I like him, he's a behemoth. A little slow though.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Dustin Penner!

I could be on this as long as the price is practically nothing. Lombardi could salary dump him to us and then acquire Rick Nash.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Should we take a shot at a 6th/7th d-man? Probably, given that Carkner is a bit of a question mark at this point, and depth on D could become critical if one (or more) of our guys go down with injury.

Hal Gill. The guy can also play the right side according to TSN so that should satisfy most skeptics around here. We need a D-man and we a role player who we don't have to sell the farm to get. No need to get a superstar, need a rental who will become a UFA at the end of the season so no term. Hal Gill fits like a glove based on this criteria.

If the price for Hal Gill is a 2nd round pick, do you do that? I'm not so sure, given that I don't think Gill would put us over the top. Also, do we have a 2nd round pick this year? I know we gave one up for Turris, but I don't know if we acquired any others via trades last year.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Kubina not on the ice and Yzerman prepared to speak to media. Kubina to Ottawa for a pick? I like him, he's a behemoth. A little slow though.

LOL eternal optmist you are SD. What makes you think it isn't another team Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Dustin Penner!

I could be on this as long as the price is practically nothing. Lombardi could salary dump him to us and then acquire Rick Nash.

No, you have to pay. Likely not more than a 3rd and a middling prospect though, but LA will continue to point out Fat Penner's 93 goals in 3 3/4 seasons in Edmonton as evidence of what he can do.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
No, you have to pay. Likely not more than a 3rd and a middling prospect though, but LA will continue to point out Fat Penner's 93 goals in 3 3/4 seasons in Edmonton as evidence of what he can do.

If they are assured of Nash coming in, they may be willing to take less for Fat Penner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kubina has St.Louis on his list of teams he'd waive to go to apparently. St.Louis may have just got him. We'll see though...

For SURE the Ruutu injury has scared GMs into re-thinking their strategy of keeping guys until the 11th hour.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

If they are assured of Nash coming in, they may be willing to take less for Fat Penner.

We should be in on that like Penner on donuts then. It's so worth a try...no harm at all.

Perhaps LA would be interested in a depth player like Konopka + a 5th? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum