GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+21
Oglethorpe
NEELY
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
cash
sandysensfan
spader
Hoags
Da lil Guy
wprager
rooneypoo
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensHulk
tim1_2
PTFlea
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Regin's a major wildcard, people need to keep him in mind IMO. Mac likes him a lot + he can play LW in the top six or bottom six.

So can Foligno and he doesn't get inured.

Nice to have two of them if Regin can have a strong rehab.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
LeKid wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
LeKid wrote:DaCosta will be awesome next year with Silfverberg. You guys just watch

Where's he playing? 3rd line C? Doesn't appear to be room for him.

You didn't get the memo? Da Costa, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Borocop, et al. are all making the roster next year. It's pretty standard for a bunch of rookies to walk onto OTT rosters out of camp, with key roster spots all locked up. Fact.

I don't expect Zibanejad to lock up a spot. Neither will Borocop since I expect Kuba to be re-signed.
DaCosta however has already played NHL games and has already looked good several times.
Konopka will likely be gone, so we have Spezza, Turris and Smith. Why wouldn't DaCosta have a chance for a roster spot?

Because O'Brien has already jumped ahead of him?

Based on the last few months, I don't see how O'Brien & Daugavins won't both be secure 1-way deals for next year.

The only reason OBrien is ahead of him is because he's replacing Konopka.
If we want to become a better team year to year we gotta improve our 2nd and 3rd line Centers, and OBrien is not gonna challenge for those jobs.
On a Cup contending team Smith also should be a 4th line center (we need a 4th line that can play more than 10min a night anyway). He's not better than a Peverley/Kelly, Helm, Staal, Hodgson etc.

DaCosta will compete with Turris and at this point, from what I saw this year there's no runaway winner yet.

But O'Brien will have a 1-way deal before camp opens, and Da Costa won't. O'Brien is the big-time odds favourite to make the team next year out of those two.

And yes, contract status does mean that much.

I honestly think that next year's Bingo team (or wherever it is) will be stacked with most of these players you're mentioning. Can't expect to have a winner NHL team if you've got a loser AHL team. Load them up with our brightest prospects, continue the development, and promote those who earn it.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

In all seriousness I wouldn't even be surprised if Silfverberg gets some ice time on the 1st line. No one has runaway with that spot this year. Hell, just yesterday we struggled and the Moustache put Alfie there and we got 2 goals.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
LeKid wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
LeKid wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
LeKid wrote:DaCosta will be awesome next year with Silfverberg. You guys just watch

You didn't get the memo? Da Costa, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Borocop, et al. are all making the roster next year. It's pretty standard for a bunch of rookies to walk onto OTT rosters out of camp, with key roster spots all locked up. Fact.

I don't expect Zibanejad to lock up a spot. Neither will Borocop since I expect Kuba to be re-signed.
DaCosta however has already played NHL games and has already looked good several times.
Konopka will likely be gone, so we have Spezza, Turris and Smith. Why wouldn't DaCosta have a chance for a roster spot?

Based on the last few months, I don't see how O'Brien & Daugavins won't both be secure 1-way deals for next year.

If we want to become a better team year to year we gotta improve our 2nd and 3rd line Centers, and OBrien is not gonna challenge for those jobs.
On a Cup contending team Smith also should be a 4th line center (we need a 4th line that can play more than 10min a night anyway). He's not better than a Peverley/Kelly, Helm, Staal, Hodgson etc.

DaCosta will compete with Turris and at this point, from what I saw this year there's no runaway winner yet.

But O'Brien will have a 1-way deal before camp opens, and Da Costa won't. O'Brien is the big-time odds favourite to make the team next year out of those two.

I honestly think that next year's Bingo team (or wherever it is) will be stacked with most of these players you're mentioning. Can't expect to have a winner NHL team if you've got a loser AHL team. Load them up with our brightest prospects, continue the development, and promote those who earn it.

Konopka is on a one way and OBrien is taking his spot isnt he?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:If people are talking about next years lineup... man does a lot have to play out.

Personally it will probably be something like this.

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

So much can happen though and this will probably look a lot different come Sept.

^ But even there, that illustrates how tight we are for roster spots for next year. You've got one UFA signing there (Penner), and one rookie (Silfverberg) making the team -- with no Butler, no Foligno, no Regin, and no Winchester, never mind Zibanejad and Da Costa.

My point is that there will be very, very few spots open new year, and talk of 3+ rookie forwards walking onto this team is a little nutty. I can see Silfverberg, and maybe Zibanejad, taking a spot. That's about it.

Sens always carry 13 forwards and 7 D so it will be interesting. I would say Borowiecki is pretty close to locking up a spot even if it's as the 7th guy.

The big thing next year is getting help down in Bingo. Locke won't be back, Parrish will probably move on, the defense is beyond awful. When is the agreement with Bingo up anyways?

I can agree with all of that, especially the last point. I think that 75-90% of the guys some people are expecting to crack the lineup will start in Bingo, with only one of Silfverberg or Zibanejad making it out of camp. Borowiecki, yea, maybe he steps up, maybe not. A lot there depends on what decisions we make with Lee (who I assume we're keeping) and Carkner (who I assume we're not).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If people are talking about next years lineup... man does a lot have to play out.

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

So much can happen though and this will probably look a lot different come Sept.

Here we go again with Penner...guy's not even on our team.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
LeKid wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
LeKid wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Konopka is on a one way and OBrien is taking his spot isnt he?

Kid paid his dues, came up because a guy got hurt, then played better than Konopka. That stuff happens all the time (see Daugavins, too). But guys on 2-way deals jumping ahead of guys on 1-way deals out of camp? Almost never happens.

As I said, I expect most of our great young prospects to start the year in Bingo. From there, the ball is in their court, as it was with O'Brien and Daugavins. Play well, wait for your opportunity, then make the most of it.

OTT will not start the year with more than a new rookie or maybe two in their forwards corps. But by the end of the year, they may well have two or even three full-time new rookies.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Silfverberg-Turris-Zibanejad
Foligno-Smith-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Foligno - Smith - Condra
Daugavins - O'Brien - Neil

1st callup Zibanejad, 2nd Da Costa

although I think we all expect a deal to bring in a winger, but if we don't we're still pointed in the right direction IMO.

EDIT: Foligno + to acquire a top line winger, then Greening moves down to Line 3. Done and done. Or sign Parise (ha!) and trade Foligno for a D-man.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Smith-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra

Even there, you've got no Butler (signed), no Daugavins (1-way deal coming), no Regin (RFA), no Winchester (RFA), no UFA signings...

I'm not saying I disagree (I think Silf and Zib are the most likely to make it), I'm just saying there's not a lot of space for rookies to grab this year. Which is why I think many of them will start in the AHL and then have to push other guys out of the NHL lineup throughout the year.

On top of that, I do think it's urgent that OTT go out and sign or trade for one top-6 forward this year. Next year will in all likelihood be Alfie's last.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

Ottawa is going to go out and get a top 6 forward, gauranteed. Murray has tried to get Penner before, he signed Penner out of college, and fact of the matter is Penner is a legit 20 goal guy. Unless Ottawa can land a bigger name than Penner and a better fit, I will bet anythign he is in a Sens uniform before the season starts next year. Whether that is tomorrow or on July 1, I don't know but I will lay heavy money on it happening.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

^ But even there, that illustrates how tight we are for roster spots for next year. You've got one UFA signing there (Penner), and one rookie (Silfverberg) making the team -- with no Butler, no Foligno, no Regin, and no Winchester, never mind Zibanejad and Da Costa.

My point is that there will be very, very few spots open new year, and talk of 3+ rookie forwards walking onto this team is a little nutty. I can see Silfverberg, and maybe Zibanejad, taking a spot. That's about it.

Sens always carry 13 forwards and 7 D so it will be interesting. I would say Borowiecki is pretty close to locking up a spot even if it's as the 7th guy.

The big thing next year is getting help down in Bingo. Locke won't be back, Parrish will probably move on, the defense is beyond awful. When is the agreement with Bingo up anyways?

I can agree with all of that, especially the last point. I think that 75-90% of the guys some people are expecting to crack the lineup will start in Bingo, with only one of Silfverberg or Zibanejad making it out of camp. Borowiecki, yea, maybe he steps up, maybe not. A lot there depends on what decisions we make with Lee (who I assume we're keeping) and Carkner (who I assume we're not).

Kuba/Karlsson
Phillips/Gonchar
Cowen/Lee
Borowiecki

What's wrong with that?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Smith-Neil
Greening-O'Brien-Condra

Even there, you've got no Butler (signed), no Daugavins (1-way deal coming), no Regin (RFA), no Winchester (RFA), no UFA signings...

I'm not saying I disagree (I think Silf and Zib are the most likely to make it), I'm just saying there's not a lot of space for rookies to grab this year. Which is why I think many of them will start in the AHL and then have to push other guys out of the NHL lineup throughout the year.

On top of that, I do think it's urgent that OTT go out and sign or trade for one top-6 forward this year. Next year will in all likelihood be Alfie's last.

They don't have to sign Daugavins if they don't want to. They need more skill in the lineup.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

Ottawa is going to go out and get a top 6 forward, gauranteed. Murray has tried to get Penner before, he signed Penner out of college, and fact of the matter is Penner is a legit 20 goal guy. Unless Ottawa can land a bigger name than Penner and a better fit, I will bet anythign he is in a Sens uniform before the season starts next year. Whether that is tomorrow or on July 1, I don't know but I will lay heavy money on it happening.

He loved Penner once, guy declined a lot, doesn't mean he still loves him.

Penner to Ottawa is just a bad move, sorry. Will ruin everything you've been trying to build IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Daugavins is a pretty good 4th liner and he knows how to keep things loose and the guys love him... there is something to be said for that. Maybe the need a little more skill on 3rd line but the 4th line seems fine to me.

A guy like Foligno has to show somethign down the stretch or in the playofffs to really prove his worth. This is supposed to be the year where he shows exactly what he is and right now he's showing the same thing he has shown the last 2 or 3 season... a 3rd line grinder that can score the odd goal. Tons of those out there.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

Penner to Ottawa is just a bad move, sorry. Will ruin everything you've been trying to build IMO.

Based on what? A bad season on a team that basically can't score goal? A GM doing everything in the world to save his job?

Penner is a top 6 guy, he scores 20 goals basically every year, and he's a proven winner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Foligno moved tomorrow for someone like Robidas for example.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Michalek/Spezza/Penner
Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Smith/Condra
Daugavins/O'Brien/Neil

Based on what? A bad season on a team that basically can't score goal? A GM doing everything in the world to save his job?

Penner is a top 6 guy, he scores 20 goals basically every year, and he's a proven winner.

How the Diddle is he a first line RW?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum