GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+21
Oglethorpe
NEELY
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
cash
sandysensfan
spader
Hoags
Da lil Guy
wprager
rooneypoo
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensHulk
tim1_2
PTFlea
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any developments in the Rick Nash sweeps?

Nash, after reading about how he was traded to SJ on Twitter, promptly walked into Howson's office and gave him the finger and said "THANK Cussing GOD, FINALLY!!!!"

He's currently packing his suitcase at home with a big grin on his face, unaware of the cruel reality that still is.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Call it me what ever you want, doesn't change the fact that a lot young people with money snort a lot of it up their nose.

Sucks to hear but that's the way it is. Always has been, always will be. Coke is more social then I ever believed it was.

Go tell these guys about his coke use:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1043199&page=14

But why has there been one of the most dramatic drop offs in modern history? 65 goals, 110 point to...45 points in 59 games? What gives?

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Any developments in the Rick Nash sweeps?

Nash, after reading about how he was traded to SJ on Twitter, promptly walked into Howson's office and gave him the finger and said "THANK Cussing GOD, FINALLY!!!!"

He's currently packing his suitcase at home with a big grin on his face, unaware of the cruel reality that still is.

Poor bastard. Laughing3

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Heh I still remember being shocked hearing all the rumours about rampant drug use in the Sens locker room years ago. Some of them were true and some make you wonder still.

How many of the "drug users" are still there? Spezza is the only one. Meszaros, Shubert, Heatley, Emery, Redden, McGratton, all gone.

Are you saying that Spezza is currently a drug user, or that he was when the rest of them were around?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:Heh I still remember being shocked hearing all the rumours about rampant drug use in the Sens locker room years ago. Some of them were true and some make you wonder still.

How many of the "drug users" are still there? Spezza is the only one. Meszaros, Shubert, Heatley, Emery, Redden, McGratton, all gone.

Are you saying that Spezza is currently a drug user, or that he was when the rest of them were around?

Spezza is squeeky clean now. Guy has matured and is basically a different person than he was before. They got rid of the poison and he made some good choices on and off the ice. It was bad for a while though with all of them.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll say this about Ovechkin and this is my opinion. The guy was on steroids and was probably caught in one way or another or he's gone clean because of the Olympics coming up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:It's bogus? What the hell is funny about that?

Getting Rick-Rolled has a new meaning.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I'll say this about Ovechkin and this is my opinion. The guy was on steroids and was probably caught in one way or another or he's gone clean because of the Olympics coming up.

You can't have an opinion on something like that. It's either true or it's not. Is your name John Steigerwald?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I can have an opinion because I don't have proof. I think OV was on roids and he stopped dopping. I know NHLers do them, I know Russians are basically fed steroids from the time they are old enough to use, and a sharp decline in play in a lot of sports indicate PED.

To me, it's the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Spezza is squeeky clean now. Guy has matured and is basically a different person than he was before. They got rid of the poison and he made some good choices on and off the ice. It was bad for a while though with all of them.

Fair enough. It wasn't really clear what you were saying there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I can have an opinion because I don't have proof. I think OV was on roids and he stopped dopping. I know NHLers do them, I know Russians are basically fed steroids from the time they are old enough to use, and a sharp decline in play in a lot of sports indicate PED.

You can say your hunch is he was on steroids. They get tested a lot though. Steroids is just an excuse for poor play, lack of drive, and defencemen finally figuring out how to stop him. Plus he was forced to change his game a bit after suspensions and everyone hating him for everything. Ovechkin has declined because he's predictable and didn't elevate his game - unlike a guy like Crosby who added weapons to his arsenal every off-season.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ovechkin isn't as fast, not nearly as agressive, and that leads to a lot of time and space taken away from him. To me, that scream steroids.

You think if Ovechkin was caught they would out him? 0% chance. Everything about his game says he was on juice and is now off it.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I can have an opinion because I don't have proof. I think OV was on roids and he stopped dopping. I know NHLers do them, I know Russians are basically fed steroids from the time they are old enough to use, and a sharp decline in play in a lot of sports indicate PED.

You can say your hunch is he was on steroids. They get tested a lot though. Steroids is just an excuse for poor play, lack of drive, and defencemen finally figuring out how to stop him. Plus he was forced to change his game a bit after suspensions and everyone hating him for everything. Ovechkin has declined because he's predictable and didn't elevate his game - unlike a guy like Crosby who added weapons to his arsenal every off-season.
Nod

EDIT: If anything, OV gets worse each offseason because he chooses to party instead of making hockey a year-round career.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

With the injury to Anderson, and considering Lehner's struggles, do the Sens go after Nabokov or another pending UFA goalie?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:With the injury to Anderson, and considering Lehner's struggles, do the Sens go after Nabokov or another pending UFA goalie?

Depends. I think they give the ball to Lehner.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:With the injury to Anderson, and considering Lehner's struggles, do the Sens go after Nabokov or another pending UFA goalie?

Isles are trying to resign Nabakov, so I doubt they're interested in trading him barring overpayment.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:and yeah I would say that a star hockey player doing drugs like that is a shocker in this day and age. Maybe not Ovie, but Toews or Stamkos for sure.

Single car collision. We all know what that means:

Yahoo Sports NHL @YahooSportsNHL
'Hawks say Jonathan Toews wasn't injured in one-car collision with pole in downtown Chicago. Toews says: "I'm good." yhoo.it/yBK2XV

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I imagine the presence of Patrick Kane makes it hard for a Hawks player to get a cab in Chicago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum