GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7:00PM, Tuesday, December 13th, 2011

+10
sens4win
spader
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
shabbs
NEELY
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
stempniaksen
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Stream?

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Stream?
http://atdhenet.tv/41860/watch-ottawa-vs-buffalo

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Foligno does look good, as Spader mentioned.

Also, Spezza looked great on the Sens' goal, using his "speed" and then making a beauty pass back out to 9MM.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bah. Two quick ones by Buffalo and they're up 2-1. Still in the 1st.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the stream. I see Roy has an assist to put them ahead. Did I ever tell you how much I hate that guy?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Roy is very punch-able.

Our defence has been a Cussing abortion. Matrix has made at least two very nice saves including that beauty glove save towards the end of the 1st. This could be 4-1 Sabres right now, very easily.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

9 shots and 2 go in, after your guys spot you one early. I'm not saying it couldn't be 4-1, but I'm saying it *could be* 1-0.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did we really need a fight from Konopka? Even if it was McCormick challenging him, when you're up by one early in the game, perhaps that's not the best time to fight.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

"How disappointing is it to be ahead at one point, but trail going into the second?"

I wish Mendes had asked Filatov that question. "What kind of stupid question is that?"

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Did we really need a fight from Konopka? Even if it was McCormick challenging him, when you're up by one early in the game, perhaps that's not the best time to fight.

The Sens dominated that entire period, the fight had absolutely nothing to do with it. Leaving 2 men down low, all alone, 3 or 4 times is on the D and no one else. Rundblad and Karlsson have been just brutal the last 2 weeks, Rundblad especially.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:9 shots and 2 go in, after your guys spot you one early. I'm not saying it couldn't be 4-1, but I'm saying it *could be* 1-0.

If that's directed at Anderson, it's way off base. He had 0 chance on either. Both Buffalo goals were 1 on 0s down low.

Anyway, if our PP ain't clickin', we ain't winnin'. Our D isn't going to win us any games, so our only shot is getting some PP goals.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The defense is simply too young to be consistant right now and they have a really bad mix back there. All the offense from the right side, all the toughness and grit on the left, that needs to change.

If they lose tonight I think they take a serious dive in the East. They need to keep pace but prolonged losing streaks like this will kill them both in terms of momentum and in the standings in general.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:The defense is simply too young to be consistant right now and they have a really bad mix back there. All the offense from the right side, all the toughness and grit on the left, that needs to change.

If they lose tonight I think they take a serious dive in the East. They need to keep pace but prolonged losing streaks like this will kill them both in terms of momentum and in the standings in general.

Especially looking at what's coming for the rest of the week

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKid wrote:
NEELY wrote:The defense is simply too young to be consistant right now and they have a really bad mix back there. All the offense from the right side, all the toughness and grit on the left, that needs to change.

Especially looking at what's coming for the rest of the week

Exactly. This could turn into a stretch where they lose 9 of 10 or something along those lines.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, if Michalek is out the Sens are done too. A lot of things have to work out for the Sens to be in the race and to this point a lot has gone right... but Michalek being out will kill any chance they have.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

They just announced that Greening had 6 shots on net in the second. That's outstanding.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Michalek out with upper body injury.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sens4win wrote:Michalek out with upper body injury.
Yikes. Here's hoping that it's just for tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum