GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ New Jersey, 7:00PM, Thursday, December 8, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
Ev
PTFlea
KidKarlsson
sens4win
Hobiesens
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
NEELY wrote:On Spezza again. Absolutely no compete level in that guy. None.

To be fair, Spezza caught up to the puck carrier. It was Alfie that thought Spezza needed a hand and left the scorer all by himself. Sure Spezza screwed up there but he got back. Was he supposed to cover both Devil's players?

Yeah..The Alfie on the point on the PP when protecting a lead in the 3rd is not a good idea.

Cowen is a guy they should be putting out there more often. If he can establish himself as a guy with a cannon from the point it will open up a lot more space while providing a calming influence if and when the puck does get turned over. That said, last night it was Alfi on the point because Gonchar left the game... Alfi does a pretty good job back there in a general sense.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Literally, all they had to do last night was not lose the game. Just manage the puck when you have it, don't make any bad mistakes that could turn the game around, and just generally play a conservative game. This is a road game with 5 people watching, they didn't have to impress anyone.

2 short handed goals being up 3-0 then 3-1 is about as unacceptable as you can get. The number 1 center had everything to do with that first goal and carried some responsibility on the 2nd.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

One shortie in a game is deflating... two in a game is killer. They just didn't play the full 60+ mins and Jersey took advantage of the momentum shift to take the game. Dung happens, time to move on. Next game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza just looks too slow. I think he's hampered by injury, or maybe his training is/was hampered.

Whatever the case, he's not as quick as he should be.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Spezza just looks too slow. I think he's hampered by injury, or maybe his training is/was hampered.

Whatever the case, he's not as quick as he should be.

Pretty sure a few people have been saying that since game 1. He looks awful out there on a nightly basis. IMO, its a matter of the game passing him by... the game has changed. He was a player for the old NHL.

Auld didn't help anyone out though, lets be honest about that too. He's an awful goaltender in the NHL.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Auld didn't help anyone out though, lets be honest about that too. He's an awful goaltender in the NHL.

That's too harsh. He is not awful. He's a decent backup, and that's all. Our D is having some problems.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Don't forget they've been playing without Kuba (PP hasn't been good since he went down) and they lost Gonchar in the 2nd. And they played last night. I think there are very good reasons for blowing a 3-0 lead (would have been nice to score a couple on the early PPs before the zebras decided to even things out).

I thought the whole team was playing like Dung even at 3-0. I mean, Brodeur basically spotted us the first 2. Seriously, team got cocky, thought it was dominating, didn't see all the signs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:

That's too harsh. He is not awful. He's a decent backup, and that's all. Our D is having some problems.

He's won like 10 games in the last 3 seasons. Not even sure he's a backup at this point. Either way Lehner will get the nod next year for the backup role and probably get into about 30 games.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:

He's won like 10 games in the last 3 seasons. Not even sure he's a backup at this point. Either way Lehner will get the nod next year for the backup role and probably get into about 30 games.

I honestly thought Auld made a lot of big saves last night -- and the only goal against I didn't like was that Parise one. Obviously, he sucks in the SO, but that's another matter.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There is a reason Auld is a backup so I won't go into a whole bunch of technical stuff but he needs to make a frigging save. I've always thought he was a decent enough goaltender but right now and probably going forward he's going to have a tough time making an NHL club.

Literally the worst goaltender in the NHL right now. Roloson close behind.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:NEVER stop watching! Winchester!

Yeah that was nice but, seriously, WTF is Winchester doing on the ice when you're trying to come back? Shouldn't this guy have been traded already?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I honestly thought WInchesters days were numbered. Dead wrong.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Auld was pretty good against Vancouver some time ago.

I'm going to save my energy on this one, a lot of losses coming this month, starting tomorrow.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Anderson has bailed Spezza out for a dozen times in the last few games, unfortunately for N19 he wasn't there last night.
Say all you want about his linemates, but the number of stupid plays he makes on a nightly basis is amazingly disgusting.
Thank god we're not having cap issues so I don't care what he's making. Wonder what MElnyk is thinking watching those games.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKid wrote:Anderson has bailed Spezza out for a dozen times in the last few games, unfortunately for N19 he wasn't there last night.
Say all you want about his linemates, but the number of stupid plays he makes on a nightly basis is amazingly disgusting.
Thank god we're not having cap issues so I don't care what he's making. Wonder what MElnyk is thinking watching those games.

Pretty much. You would think 10 years in the NHL something would finally click.

"Hey we're up 3-0 on the road and we just blew a lead last night and lost... I think I should try and do something really special here".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're just lucky we got a point. Spezza playing like crap, Karlsson playing like crap, Auld not getting it done, Z.Smith's line broken up and not looking as good, Gonchar out which compounds the Kuba injury as well, Rundblad showing some flashes, but not ready...

Lucky to get the point. It was right around the time Parise said, I got this, that I thought we were dead in regulation. Spezza could learn some things from him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:We're just lucky we got a point. Spezza playing like crap, Karlsson playing like crap, Auld not getting it done, Z.Smith's line broken up and not looking as good, Gonchar out which compounds the Kuba injury as well, Rundblad showing some flashes, but not ready...

Lucky to get the point. It was right around the time Parise said, I got this, that I thought we were dead in regulation. Spezza could learn some things from him.

Or the Devils were just free to start attacking once Fraudeur was yanked and they no longer needed to play the "Make Fraudeur look good" system that's been in place for nearly 20 years. Laugh1 Laughing3

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Lucky to get the point. It was right around the time Parise said, I got this, that I thought we were dead in regulation. Spezza could learn some things from him.

Yeah, this is SO why we're going to get Parise in the off-season. He's the cure to what ails #19.

On the Winchester front: he, Foligno, Kuba, Gonchar…these are guys Sens fans have traded 37,000 times over. It's cool how they are now big reasons why we are remaining competitive. Spezza also fits into this mold, although we're waiting for his pendulum to swing back to "reason for success" from "successful despite".

Anyway, it's never a dull game with the Sens these days!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum