GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ New Jersey, 7:00PM, Thursday, December 8, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
Ev
PTFlea
KidKarlsson
sens4win
Hobiesens
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:They should probably never play Auld ever again. He's just awful.

Still has no wins this year.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Getting a point playing back-to-back *and* traveling, I'm OK with the end result. Not quite so OK how we got there.

Maybe he should have put in Anderson for the SO. Was the only goal that didn't go in the one Kovie put wide?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Huge point after blowing that lead.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rundblad took a lot of SO attempts in Sweden. Trying something different I guess.

With Gonchar injured (if out still next game) he won't be sent down.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen played 31 minutes tonight

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Cowen was a damn rock.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't forget they've been playing without Kuba (PP hasn't been good since he went down) and they lost Gonchar in the 2nd. And they played last night. I think there are very good reasons for blowing a 3-0 lead (would have been nice to score a couple on the early PPs before the zebras decided to even things out).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I honestly thought they should have put Anderson in the shootout Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:This is on Spezza. Period.

I hope you're not blaming that last shorty on Spezza.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Damned leaderboard not yet updated. They've got Giroux there replacing Kessel with the point lead, but haven't got Michalek's 18th yet, so there is still a little Kessel showing.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:

First goal that turned it all around, yup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:

I think he is. He said so right after the second one. Why was he on the bench? I'm sure he had a hand in Konopka getting beat up, too. Speaking of which, it looked like Konopka got head-butted early on (just before or just after he dropped the gloves). Maybe that's what the cut was from and why Z was so upset.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

First goal that turned it all around, yup.

I'm talking about their second SH goal. The one where Karlsson passes it to him when he had a guy literally right next to him? Bad pass by Karlsson. Spezza gives it away but can't do anything about that one IMO.

I told you with Spezza. Just painfully ignore him until February are when he comes back from a 1 month injury. He is a second half player. Not saying that is GOOD, you would ideally like him to be great every single game just saying that is fact. Not an excuse for his poor play.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Karlsson was awful again tonight but he's been playing an insane amount of hockey.

We'll see what Spezza does going forward but he's looked awful for most of the season. Like I've said 1000 times Michalek is carrying his Donkey.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Sigh....not one but 2 shorthanded goals? This is Cussing ridiculous. That is actually unacceptable. Two straight third period blown leads, 3 less points in the bank

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I see big things for DR7 in the next couple of games, if Gonchar is out. Sending him out for that shootout should give him some confidence IMO. Coach puts you in an important role, you're gonna feel good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Karlsson was awful again tonight but he's been playing an insane amount of hockey.

We'll see what Spezza does going forward but he's looked awful for most of the season. Like I've said 1000 times Michalek is carrying his Donkey.

It's not really fair to say Michalek carries him IMO. Spezza hasn't been great at all this season, yet Michalek's had excellent success when on his line. He's not doing it all himself, he's seeing some open ice because teams are keying more on Spezza.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:They should probably never play Auld ever again. He's just awful.

If we had Price in net and Auld was in Montreal, we win in regulation and they get blown out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum